Butch B.
04/15/2020 Category: Service
Butch said the alignment was off on his vehicle and he has some problems with the bearings and their machine broke them the first time. He stated that they did replace them for him and the staff were nice and professional. He added that they got him taken care of.
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 04/22/2020

I am so glad our staff took care of your issues and rectofied any kind of error. In this instance, our press was a little over zealous and pressed your new bearings in a little too far. Unfortunately, we never had the vehicle and had no way of knowing that there was even an issue when it was pressed together. This is part of the issue with people bringing us parts to repair vs bringing us the vehicle to repair. So there is no way that your alignment being off can be attributed to the work we did, because there was no way to align it. We never had the vehicle.
I do apologize for having an error during your repair, however, I am extremely pleased with my staff for rectifying this situation.

George Russell
Owner Ray’s Import Auto Repair

Porsche 911 Carrera
10/25/2018
Replace guy at front desk
Owner was great but the guy he has working at rhe front desk isn’t. No personably, slow - seems to be annoyed!
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 10/28/2018

I’m going to start with, I’m so sorry your experience with the young man I had covering my counter was so poor. Thank you so much for your feedback. I always want constructive criticism. With this type of information I can make changes to ensure our customer service stays top notch. Let me add, my door is always open. Please give me a call Sir. I would like you to give me an opportunity to earn your business back.

George Russell -Owner
Ray’s Import Auto Repair

KG
Kip G.
Christiana, TN
MINI Cooper Coupe
10/22/2018
Oil Change
First time using kiosk. I typed in request to have all the tire pressure checked and inflated properly as all my sensors were on. This was not done. Not sure if message didn't get through to the technician or it was just overlooked but I was dissapointed that it wasn't addressed. Have had good service from Ray's in the past and I will continue to use. Just providing feedback as requested.
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 10/28/2018

Last thing in the world I want is for my customers to ever be disappointed. So I truly apologize that your tire pressure light wasn’t addressed correctly. I will assume that the TPMS system wasn’t reset after inflation. Simply because tire inflation is always checked during routine service. Please come by at your earliest convenience so I can address your TPMS light free of charge.

George Russell
Owner Ray’s Import Auto Repair

Cherie S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/13/2018
Honest owner
I originally took my car there for an inspection of possible work to be done while I was on vacation.When I got there , my battery light was on--indicating a charging problem. The battery was replaced 2 months ago. It turned out to be the alternator. They fixed it right away and proceeded to do an overall inspection as I had requested. George, the owner, was up front about what the cost would be and what would and would not solve the problem. I will be using them again

09/13/2018
Wanted to give a better review but rude mechanic named James changed all that
I was ready to give a very good review..I was taking my car for an inspection for possible repair and the battery light came on.They determined that it was the alternator..and the fixed it . After I got home I realized they hadn't charged me for the alternator and went back. I talked with George Russell.the owner and told him I thought my bill had a mistake.He agreed and I paid him an additional $282.00. He thanked me for being honest.All my interactions with George have been very pleasant. Now comes the problem.. I called the next day, because my a/c is barely cooling and before it was ice cold..So.George is not in..I interact with James. I asked if He was familiar with my car..he replies very rudely.."remotely" So I asked how he removed the alternator..if he could have removed the A/C lines..he replies VERY RUDELY..." I am not going into my mechanical expertise" so I asked how much for a/c recharge..he didn't answer ..did not say anything..i said " hello..are u still there?" He then said "I'm checking. ." I then told him I would be talking to George and letting him know why I am giving a bad review..I again asked for the price of a/c recharge..He said $116.00 And said he didn't think he was being rude. I am 70 year old woman.I thought I had a new mechanic..I guess I do not. BECAUSE OF JAMES I WILL NOT BEING USING THIS FACILITY AGAIN..George needs new employees..or needs to never let them answer the phone.
David S., Service Manager from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 09/17/2018

Spoke to Cherie. We resolved the issue. Will personally take care of her from now on.
Thanks,
George

Jonathan M.
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Jonathan said he drove his vehicle around, and the check engine light turned on. He stated he believes there's an oil leak. It took too long for them to fix it.

SK
Salar K.
Subaru
06/09/2017 Category: Service
Salar said the manager at this business is a nice guy and he really likes him. The owner was excellent and all of the employees were very good.

WR
Warren R.
Porsche 944
10/16/2014 Category: Service
Warren said the service was good but the price was high.

Tammy S.
Volkswagen Jetta
09/30/2014 Category: Service
Tammy said it took too long this last visit.

DF
David F.
Chevrolet Pickup
05/02/2014 Category: Service
David said this business was a little expensive but they did fix his vehicle.

KJ
Kevin J.
04/24/2014 Category: Service
Kevin said this facility did a good job and price the price was good. They did take a long time for the service.

Bryan H.
Lafayette, TN
Acura RDX
09/18/2013 Category: Service
Bryan said the price was excessive compared to what he has found elsewhere for the job he wanted them to do.

GF
Gabriel F.
Mercedes-Benz 300CD
08/30/2013
better to under promise...
its always better to under promise and over deliver. I did not feel like I got that.

KH
Kyle H.
Mazda Protege
06/13/2013 Category: Service
Kyle said they did alright. They did a good job.

VB
Victor B.
TN
04/18/2013
George may make the place great.
Thanks Geogre for trying to smooth this over, but nothing was done about it. This part was put on with out my consent, the problem was not in the rear of the car, it was in the area of the gear shit. The flex joint disc should havn't been put on. I think i am due a refund for that labor charge.$253.44 bucks for this work that i should haven"t been charged. nothing has been done about this yet, it has been three weeks. Thanks

NL
Niel L.
TN
Volkswagen Jetta
08/20/2012 Category: Service
Niel said his experience was good. However, they are pretty overpriced. He would not recommend them based on the price.