Latest Review about 1 month ago

Cherie S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/17/2018
Honest owner
I originally took my car there for an inspection of possible work to be done while I was on vacation.When I got there , my battery light was on--indicating a charging problem. The battery was replaced 2 months ago. It turned out to be the alternator. They fixed it right away and proceeded to do an overall inspection as I had requested. George, the owner, was up front about what the cost would be and what would and would not solve the problem. I will be using them again

09/13/2018
Wanted to give a better review but rude mechanic named James changed all that
I was ready to give a very good review..I was taking my car for an inspection for possible repair and the battery light came on.They determined that it was the alternator..and the fixed it . After I got home I realized they hadn't charged me for the alternator and went back. I talked with George Russell.the owner and told him I thought my bill had a mistake.He agreed and I paid him an additional $282.00. He thanked me for being honest.All my interactions with George have been very pleasant. Now comes the problem.. I called the next day, because my a/c is barely cooling and before it was ice cold..So.George is not in..I interact with James. I asked if He was familiar with my car..he replies very rudely.."remotely" So I asked how he removed the alternator..if he could have removed the A/C lines..he replies VERY RUDELY..." I am not going into my mechanical expertise" so I asked how much for a/c recharge..he didn't answer ..did not say anything..i said " hello..are u still there?" He then said "I'm checking. ." I then told him I would be talking to George and letting him know why I am giving a bad review..I again asked for the price of a/c recharge..He said $116.00 And said he didn't think he was being rude. I am 70 year old woman.I thought I had a new mechanic..I guess I do not. BECAUSE OF JAMES I WILL NOT BEING USING THIS FACILITY AGAIN..George needs new employees..or needs to never let them answer the phone.
David S., Service Manager from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 09/17/2018

Spoke to Cherie. We resolved the issue. Will personally take care of her from now on.
Thanks,
George

Justin L.
Nashville, TN
05/14/2021
Great job
As always George and his mechanics provide a positive atmosphere with quality work. I take all my vehicles to him.

Clark B.
05/11/2021
Monday Walk-in Emergency
My car had an issue on Sunday afternoon. I drove over to Ray's at 8:15am on Monday. I was asked to leave the car and they would call me after lunch. And that's what happened, along with getting my car fixed on a Monday without an appointment. Thank you for the swift service.

WL
Wayne L.
Volkswagen Beetle
05/11/2021 Category: Service
Wayne said they were terrible and he would never recommend this business to anyone.

James D.
Toyota Pickup
05/05/2021 Category: Service
James said his check engine light came in so he took it in to be checked. The staff member said he'll check it out and then call him and give him an estimate. He didn't call, so James called him the next day. He didn't return the call, so James called again the next day and said just put it all back together. He charged him $443 and the check engine light is still on.

Reshia H.
Smyrna, TN
Volvo XC60
05/04/2021 Category: Service
Reshia said she likes the customer service.

SO
Shane O.
BMW 750i
04/29/2021 Category: Service
Shane said the service he received.

BW
Becky W.
Tennessee
Subaru XV Crosstrek
04/28/2021 Category: Service
Becky said that her vehicle had broken down in town and they took care of her and her vehicle.

SP
SCOTT P.
Hickman, TN
Volkswagen Passat Sedan
04/26/2021
Very friendly knowledgeable staff
We have had two vehicles repaired at Ray’s. Both times the staff has been great. They did exactly what they said they were going, in the time frame they said, and with open communication.
We would highly recommend Ray’s to all my friends and family.

HC
Heath C.
04/14/2021
535 d oil change
These guys were great. Easy to get in and the work was done quickly! Fair pricing and a much better experience than driving to Brentwood to get fleeced!

Brandon H.
Nissan Pickup
04/13/2021 Category: Service
Brandon said the business has does great work and the staff is very hospitable, especially front desk. They were also okay with him leaving the vehicle there while he had to go do business elsewhere.

James R.
04/01/2021 Category: Service
James said the staff have always been there for him. They do an excellent job. He wants to thank them and will continue to use them.

CP
CHRIS P.
03/04/2021
Maintenance and part replacement due to nearing lifespan
This is an excellent place to take your vehicle. Great people and great workmanship. Parts were replaced and handled well. Maintenance as always was spot on.

TD
Tammy D.
03/03/2021
You can trust these guys
I always take my BMW to Ray’s. I have been taking my import cars to them for years. They are trustworthy and always deliver good solid service.

Tim B.
Tennessee
American Motors Pacer
02/25/2021 Category: Service
Tim said the business did good work.