Latest Review about 1 month ago

WL
Wayne L.
Volkswagen Beetle
05/11/2021 Category: Service
Wayne said they were terrible and he would never recommend this business to anyone.

GT
Glen T.
05/21/2018 Category: Service
Glen said once they get finished the price and the quality of what they do is good. However, when he took his Nissan in for service he noticed an oil leak when he got home. They didn't tighten the screw on the oil plug in tight. He had scheduled an appointment and he got there on time. They told him that they would be done in 40 minutes. He came back an hour and 15 minutes later and the vehicle had not even been moved. It was the second time that had happened. They are not organized, but he would still recommend this business because he likes the guys on staff.
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 06/13/2018

Dear Glen,
I need to apologize to you in two areas. First is the poor clean up during your Nissan’s oil change. Just to clarify, the drain plug was tightened correctly. The oil you saw was from a poor clean-up during your oil change from a tech that is no long with my business. Second, was your time. You shouldn’t have had to come back for a clean up to begin with. Then I took too long that day, which I only have myself to blame. I have since cured the issue. I want thank you for the constructive criticism. It didn’t fall on deaf ears. In fact thank you for making sure I know where improvement is needed. With customers letting me know when they are not happy, then I can make sure to make improvements.

AT
Angel T.
05/19/2017 Category: Service
Angel said she took the vehicle into this business for repairs but was not able to pay right away. She had to leave it there for a while and they kept it. The guys seemed really nice but they did not really help her.

Johnathan H.
Thompsons Station, TN
03/11/2017 Category: Service
Johnathan said this business charged him $104 for the inspection and then they told him the repairs would cost $2400. He was able to find the parts for a third of the price. He took his vehicle to another mechanic and got his vehicle fixed for a third of the price.

VP
Vickie P.
Christiana, TN
Jaguar X-Type
02/25/2017 Category: Service
Vickie said she spent $2500 and the check engine light came on the next day. The vehicle still doesn't work. Now she has to take it somewhere else. She stated she doesn't think they did any of the work they say they did.

TE
Trevor E.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
07/08/2013 Category: Service
Trevor said this business did not do what he asked them to do. He brought his vehicle in to have his cam angle sensor replaced and he was told it would be done by the end of the week. The day after he dropped the vehicle off, the mechanic called and told him he needed a head gasket replaced and he told them he only wanted to have his sensor replaced. He said he owns a 1992 Miata and they ordered a sensor for a 2002. He said he brought his own sensor in to the business for them to install and after the repair, the vehicle would not run. He told the business to leave his keys in the vehicle and he would come and pick it up after he got off work, but he told them to make sure the vehicle was running. When he arrived at the business, his vehicle was not running and it took him 3 hours to make it start. When he returned home, he took off the new parts they installed on his vehicle and returned them to the business. They reimbursed his credit card. He was not overly impressed with the business and he will not return.

VB
Victor B.
TN
Mercedes-Benz C220
04/06/2013
I was over charged for the service i got.
$1400 dollars i was charged for only 3or 4 hours of work, a part was put on that shouldn't haven't been put on, my car was there for four day. I was told there was short staff, i shouldn't have to pay for that. I was told by Joe it cost $700 dollars to test componets. its just a four cylinder, Ray or someone that's care make this right. i don't mind paying for anything i get, this was not right. i cant recommend no one right now. phone me thank you

Susan M.
TN
07/04/2012
They are prompt, usually finished in an hour, and haven't charged me for anything I didn't need
See above

James D.
Toyota Pickup
05/05/2021 Category: Service
James said his check engine light came in so he took it in to be checked. The staff member said he'll check it out and then call him and give him an estimate. He didn't call, so James called him the next day. He didn't return the call, so James called again the next day and said just put it all back together. He charged him $443 and the check engine light is still on.

WB
William B.
10/18/2019 Category: Service
William said the staff at this business is nice, but it took longer than expected. He said he went to pick his vehicle up and the final cost was $1500. He told them he could pay $1200 right away and would pay the rest after, because he did not have the full funds. They would not give him his vehicle until the amount was paid in full.
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 10/22/2019

We are a little taken back by this review, as we helped you out as much as possible. Ray’s Imports has a policy that we cannot release a vehicle without it being paid in full. We even met you on a Saturday(our business is closed), when you had the funds, so you could pick up your car. As far as as taking longer than expected, we met your deadline and unfortunately, your funds were not available yet.
We are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations.

RK
Robert K.
Jeep Commander
04/27/2019 Category: Service
Robert said the staff was friendly. He also said he had to take his vehicle to this business three times for it to be accurately fixed.
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 06/05/2019

I am sorry for your repeated visits, unfortunately, some repairs require multiple visits. We usually have to either keep a vehicle for an extended period of time, or return to the customer and have them return it to us after symptoms have been created again.
We would love all repairs to be simple, and unfortunately, it can sometimes take time... especially a multi layer issue.

Jerry H.
Tennessee
MINI Cooper Hardtop
05/23/2018 Category: Service
Jerry said the problem was not fixed the first time he took the vehicle in.
George R. from Ray's Import Auto Repair responded on 06/13/2018

I do apologize that some check engine lights do require more than one visit for full diagnostics; however I would like to clarify why. All check engine lights are NOT as simple as the parts store commercials make them out to be. All codes do require extensive testing to verify the true source cause. Your car had what is called Vanos codes. Without going into too much detail, let me explain what Vanos codes pertains to. A Vanos is an oil controlled part of your engine that allows the engine timing to advance during acceleration. Now, Vanos codes can be very expensive to repair, if there is a real mechanical failure. Before we deem a true failure, we follow certain steps to ensure we diagnose it correctly. First is checking oil level and quality of the oil. We checked your oil, you were a liter low but not too dirty. We added oil. Next is to check when the last service was. You were not due for another 3500 miles. So we pulled some stored data and printed it off for further testing in case the code did reappear at a later date. Next we used a factory scan tool and tested the system. The system components tested good at this time. So next we had to recreate the issue to find if it only happens under certain conditions. Instead of us keeping your car for several days to test, we had you drive it until or if these codes did come back. You were notified when you picked up that you will NOT be charged to complete our testing. I want reiterate that. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to discuss this. Thank you.

AT
Ann T.
Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
01/04/2018 Category: Service
Ann said there was some miscommunication with the owner over the price he had quoted her. The owner did not seem to want to own up to making a mistake. The business ended up charging her the originally quoted price. They did not inform her that her vehicle was ready.

SO
Sam O.
Rockvale, TN
Nissan 300ZX
09/24/2016 Category: Service
Sam said the air conditioner is still not cold and this was his second visit. They should not charge so much if they can not fix the problem.

Jim D.
Honda Ridgeline
10/29/2015 Category: Service
Jim said his service was very expensive.