Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

Brian B.
Eagleville, TN
BMW 318is
10/20/2020 Category: Service
Brian said this business had friendly employees. The quality of work is awesome. Every thing was perfect.

Clark B.
10/08/2020
TLC
I appreciate the awesome service and special care while keeping my ultimate driving machine in perfect shape and ready for the road. Very friendly customer service based organization. Clean waiting are and speedy, efficient service.

Jim H.
Nashville, TN
10/04/2020
Car was 3qrts low of oil and misdiagnosed. $2,000
Returned my car empty of oil & not repaired after paying $2,000 - they fired mechanic / did not refund my money.

My vehicle overheated And was towed to the shop for evaluation.

First report was no damage to engine other than temp sensor, ignition coil and spark plugs… $1400. Repair completed. Second report also has leaking thermostat housing… $630. Repair completed. Total of $2k repairs on my $4k car.

After driving home I found the car 3qts low of oil (see photo) They had returned my car without properly refilling (or inspecting) the oil. I topped it off.
Next day driving, it indicated elevated temperature again, so I had it towed (again). After Ray’s inspection (by another tech) they informed me it was the head gasket all along. It had been missed by the same tech that also failed to tend to the basic need of oil. The additional repair ..$4,000. This would total $6k in my $4k car.
They had since terminated the original mechanic. They apologized for the error but would not refund any of my $2k they wasted.

Important to note is I requested specific inspection of the head before spending money on repairs. Also important to note is the engine was never cleaned which is required to do a thorough inspection and repair of the thermostat housing.
I believe this shop generally produces great work but they hired a poor mechanic and their lack of quality assurance allowed him to harm a customer, and they chose to not stand behind it.
All indicators are their interest in the bottom line is greater than a want to do the right thing.

SP

Lascassas, TN
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/26/2020
Superb service
One of only two places in town that work on Volkswagens as far as I know and helped me out so much when it came to fixing my check engine light. The other place has quoted me twice the price they charged to fix similar issues in the past so I know I’m getting the best deal when it comes to Rays. I’m a young female so it’s not uncommon for mechanic shops to try and take advantage of my little knowledge about my car, but it didn’t feel that way at Ray’s. They helped me out so much and emailed me a break down of prices and services and tried to work with me on prices. They were very kind and I even stayed late at the office one day to work with me on my tight schedule. They are very honest and professional and Jordan at the front desk did an amazing job when it came to helping me get my car fixed. Overall a great experience and I will be coming to them for all my car care needs in the future.

James P.
La Vergne, TN
INFINITI QX56
09/26/2020 Category: Service
James said they always seem to do a good job and their pricing is fair.

Sasha C.
Lockesburg, AR
09/19/2020 Category: Service
Sasha said the business was polite and had good prices.

Christiana, TN
Volvo XC90
09/17/2020
Volvo xc90
This started out as a not so great experience but Rays made it right in the end. I myself have worked on all my cars for over 35 years and my brother is a Aircraft mechanic so we have a good idea what’s going on with these cars. This started out as what seamed to be a simple alternator change on my parents Volvo. After a lot of trouble shooting and issues with the alternator exchange that I won’t get into we determined the cars computer was bad and needed to be replaced. The choices was Volvo dealership or Rays because the new computer needed to be programmed and you have to have the equipment to do it. I was referred to Rays by a good mechanic friend so we took the car in and explained it needed a new computer. Problem is it took almost 2 months to get it back! My parents are older and on a fixed retirement income so we try everything we can to help keep their cost down. We loaned them a car and helped out with the cost but it was still very expensive. Good thing was when we finally were able to pick it up they gave him a great discount when they discovered he was a veteran and treated him with great respect. This really went a long way and made a not so great experience much better. Thanks for that Rays

mad m.
09/14/2020
Terrible
I would not recommend Ray's import. If you know there is a problem that you can't fix, let the customer know. Don't keep coming up with a different problem every week. Our problem was never fixed. I gave up.

OH
Osama H.
Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
09/11/2020 Category: Service
Osama said the staff have good customer service.

Joe H.
Tennessee
09/08/2020 Category: Service
Joe said their professionalism and expertise was good.

Richard W.
Nashville, TN
Porsche Boxster
09/06/2020
Excellent, friendly, professional service at a fair price.

TW
Tim W.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
09/06/2020
Mercedes a5
They did what was needed, and didn’t do what wasn’t / they communicated well.

FP
frank p.
08/27/2020
Disgruntled customer
Mr Russell, my name is Frank Pillow. I have had a bad experience with your business. Our bmw was referred to Rays import from Ford without our permission. Our car sat there for 2 months. I was told that the water pump was replaced by Ford with a non bmw part. Ok, we waited for this part patiently as I said for 2 months. We received our car on 8/26/20. We didn't even make it home before it overheated. So now, we are without our car once again. My issue is no communication from your service mgr at all. Everytime I would show up to find the status, I was not told the truth. Im not here to bash your company at all, I'm just informing you of my situation. I hope this problem will be resolved soon.