Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5rating 4.11
4.1

( 2051 Reviews )

Overall Rating 4.2222228/5Overall Rating 4.2222228/5Overall Rating 4.2222228/5Overall Rating 4.2222228/5rating 4.2222228
Overall Rating 2.16667/5Overall Rating 2.16667/5rating 2.16667rating 2.16667rating 2.16667

Continue reading recommended reviews

chritine b.
11/30/2019
Service on replacing a seal that was defective
I brought my 2013 Hyundai Tucson to have a seal that was recalled and needed to be replaced. They were very courteous and offered to replace my front brakes that were wearing thin. I declined because my son takes care of my car needs. He changed my front brakes. He found the lug nuts were not tight, but loose and the oil that they had to change when replacing the defective seal was overflowing. Glad I had him look at my
car. I would not recommend taking your vehicle to Southern States for any service unless you are required when there is a recall.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 12/02/2019

Rudolph D.
Wake Forest, NC
05/26/2019
Unfortunate
Never had salesman so confused about car features. Should have gone to a different dealership. Car is ok, just has missing features I was lied to about. Was not service issue. Sale issue.

Jason P.
Knightdale, NC
04/03/2019
Explosive work place
Southern States strikes again used to work there for 8 years. But this isn't about me techs are leaving left and right. Also they cant keep a service managers to save there life. They promise the stars when you start but they offer you shit once you start actually working. They smile to the customers but treat there employees like garbage so why would you even buy/have work done to your car when they treat there employees like trash. The GM Brain is running the place into the ground and the owner I believe doesnt even know what's going on he leaves every day after lunch or at 2 doesnt even care about his business. As long as they are able to buy ther 2nd or 3rd house or yacht. They can care less about there employees. They cut pay multiple times when I was there and they are driving long time employees away bc of it. They care about MONEY nothing else!! So I worn you do not waste your time with this place.

04/02/2019
Engine failure - dealer LACK of followup
I have a 2013 Sonata that was recalled because of metal shavings in the motor oil . I February I was told up to 90 to get the parts to repair. On Mar 26 I was told the parts would not be in until July and 3 weeks to do the repair past that. No alternatives; No loaner; maybe a reimburse for rental after the deal is done. MANAGEMENT WON'T RETURN MY CALLS.
I spoke with Hyundai USA in Commiformia who told me that the dealerships are offered an incentive to sell the customer another vehicle and take the JUNKER back in trade. Dealer makes out, customer gets a ride. The dealership told me that 'we don't do that here." So SOUTHERN STATES has my POS Sonata and I'm just out here waiting. THERE IS NO SERVICE DATE TO POST. NOTHING HAS BE DONE TO THE POS Sonata I BOUGHT FROM SOUTHERN STATES.

04/02/2019
Engine failure - dealer LACK of followup

03/28/2019
Push the period key and your review disappears.
Left my 13 Sonata at Southern States in February for a warranty engine replacement and haven't heard from them since. Haven't returned my calls. Called Hyundai USA twice. Haven't heard from them either. All I want is my car back. How's about it? ?

Michele W.
Apex, NC
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.

EC
earl c.
Louisburg, NC
09/06/2018
no one knows how to work on the GPS or PHONE
all of this was to be done during setup (that I payed for) now I have the car along with customer no service

Marilyn R.
Apex, NC
09/06/2018
Poor Service
I have tried for several days to find out where my new tag is. My tag expires tomorrow. DMV has no record of it or my vin number but the dealership tells me it will be there tomorrow. If not they told me it will be no big to drive around with an expired tag as long as I have my paperwork with me.

AO
Anonymous O.
07/17/2018
Terrible business practices
If possible I will find everyplace to do review on these people, they're very deceptive and are very unprofessional, condescending and not a reputable business. My next step is WRAL. I pray no one else get fooled by these people.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

Next Step? I am most interested to have a chance to at least Know what the issue is? If you are threatening the news station, would you no want to at least speak to us first?

Jamie Holcomb
919-839-7972

Raleigh, NC
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.