Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5
4.2

05/06/2021 Category: Service
Overall very satisfied with service experience
Pleased with service
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/07/2021

PS
Perry S.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
05/04/2021 Category: Service
Perceived value for my dollars spent.
Southern States Hyundai Service Department has always provided me with fine service and value for my dollars spent, while maintaining my 2016 Sonata hybrid. Matt, the Service Manager, is helpful and fair. His service writers are courteous and helpful. Keep up the good work!
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/04/2021

MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/01/2021

Jennifer H.
05/01/2021
Excellent customer service
Ariel has been extremely helpful and supportive on the few occasions that I have had to bring my car in for a tune-up or service inquiry! All team members that I have had to interact with at Southern States are always very polite and friendly!
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/01/2021

2016 Hyundai Elantra
05/01/2021 Category: Service
Communication Improved
I appreciated the manager of the service department, Matt, reading my response and reaching out to me to resolve the issue. Matt was professional and understood how to resolve the situation, and that is what I consider to be GREAT customer service.

04/29/2021 Category: Service
I was expecting better
I had doubts that the work that needed to be done was going to be done, so I had to return because my vehicle's history was not checked.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/30/2021

Thanks for your feedback, although I'm sorry to hear that your visit was less than exceptional. I'll reach out later to discuss and hopefully resolve the issue for you.

LD
Linda D.
04/29/2021 Category: Service
Very good service
What ever they told me is what they did even though my problem had to be perform in a few stages. They were all was courteous,especially Jamie M., and prompt.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/29/2021

Louisburg, NC
2014 Hyundai Elantra
04/27/2021 Category: Service
Thank you for bringing my car back to life and allowing me to breathe clean air
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/27/2021

Alison M.
04/30/2021 Category: Service
Worked with me to resolve an error
Matt the Service Manager was true to his word, and called me for more details on a difference in quote vs charge issue and worked with me to find a resolution. Upon review, he acknowledged an overcharging for the service and submitted a refund request. Was nice to have the opportunity to discuss the issue in more detail and feel heard. Definitely changed my view of the business as a whole and I would recommend them since they appear to want to work with clients to make sure things are correct and issues are resolved, though the runaround was still a bit of a headache for something that should've been relatively straightforward. Ultimately, I am glad that management is willing to work to resolve issues as they arise and take care of their clients.

04/26/2021 Category: Service
Get the pricing right
Was quoted a price for a service, and paid $150 more. Was told a different price for another service. Unsure if this was to cover up the misquote, or if they just don’t know what their own services cost.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/27/2021

Jabbar C.
2020 Hyundai Sonata
04/24/2021 Category: Service
Complimentary service on my 2020 Sonata. I am extremely pleased with the service I received.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/26/2021

Clayton, NC
04/22/2021 Category: Service
High prices | Unneeded repairs
The service advisor was courteous throughout the time my car was at the dealership. That's where the positives end. The service repairs that I wanted performed were "not recommended" and I was advised if we proceeded with my list, they wanted to perform a timing chain replacement that would cost $2400+. The service advisor also recommended brake fluid and transmission fluid changes, which were performed within the last 6 months by another Hyundai dealership.
Instead, I was overcharged for spark plugs, at $20/ea and $99 for installation, a belt service that I'm not sure the car needed, and $350+ for the purchase and installation of hood struts. I was not informed about the cost of the hood struts until it was time to check out and have the car returned to me.
My wife and I will not be returning to Southern States Hyundai. In my opinion, this dealership is running its service department off of assumed customer ignorance and fear, along with inflated labor and parts pricing.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/22/2021

MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/28/2021

Ryan, I've reached out multiple times in effort to resolve the situation in good faith, but have not been able to reach you. If you'd like to discuss or you want my help, please feel free to call me at 919.839.7372.

Thanks,
Matt King, Svc Mngr

Knightdale, NC
2019 Hyundai Elantra
04/23/2021 Category: Service
Hyundai Elantra Service
I recently took my car to Southern States Hyundai for servicing. The Service Technicians, manager and all were very pleasant and took good care of my car. They also offered me refreshments and a very nice high tech waiting room to lounge in while I waited. After having a conversation with the Manager about the wait time that took a bit longer than expected, I was very satisfied to know that they will give me an option in the future to schedule any services needed, if more than one, on multiple days of my choosing as a convenience to me. Great customer service!

04/20/2021 Category: Service
Service Wait
The facility was nice, but the wait time for the service was longer than expected.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/20/2021

Montrella M.
Clayton, NC
04/18/2021 Category: Service
What makes this place great
What makes this place great is the people that you have as soon as you come in to the door I called ahead and spoke on the phone withMr. Curtis Keele we scheduled time frames for me to come here we talked about everything that I needed to be done on my car he made great suggestions about the brakes and the rotors tires am I a C also even though I did come up at the last minute about a back line he made sure to put that into the works to get taken care of as well it’s good to have good hearted friendly people he also let me know that I would need to return because the part had to be ordered he called me right early to let me know that the truck had just came in with the part and I can make my way there we scheduled a great timeThat fit me and we worked together with information and questions and he made my time they’re awesome
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/19/2021

Jane T.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/08/2021 Category: Service
Vehicle Pickup
I purchased my first car from Hyunda. I always take my car back for all service and maintenance issues.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/08/2021

Wake Forest, NC
2020 Hyundai Venue
04/03/2021 Category: Service
They are very concerned and take care of your concerns
This place is amazing since day one. When I bought my car a year ago.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/05/2021

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
04/02/2021 Category: Service
The service department at this location is outstanding! I never feel like I am being upsold on repairs that are not necessary or could wait until the next visit. The repairs are also done very promptly. If I wait instead of dropping off my car, the service is always done before the predicted time.
MATT K. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/02/2021