Sun Automotive - Springfield

Continue reading recommended reviews

KE
Kenneth E.
Eugene, OR
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
07/02/2020
Excellent Shop, highly recommend!
We had our 2011 Kia Forte and our 1999 Ford Ranger both inspected and serviced. The work was fast and professional. Everything was explained in a friendly way.
Great job, guys!

Timothy M.
Eugene, OR
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
06/27/2020
Pre-purchase Vehicle Inspection
I'm thinking of buying a used Subie wagon from a local dealer in Springfield, so I took the 2006 Subaru Outback to Sun Automotive for a PVI. The car body, paint and interior are in excellent condition. The dealer price seemed high for a 14 yr. old car so I knew it would be worth spending $100. for a proper inspection.
Alex, the tech who did the inspection, engine, general electrical, brakes, wheels etc. was super thorough. He went over all the various aspect of the inspection and determined that not only did the car need a new battery, and air filter but it turns out the front axle (half shafts on this model) needed replacing and a host of other things that would total over $1,500. The axles and brakes were urgently needed so those weren't just "keep an eye on them fixes." Without Alex's attention to detail, I might have paid too much and regretted it immediately.
I told the dealer what the inspection proved needed fixing and he said, "he'll review the numbers & get back to me." I'm very satisfied with the help I got from everyone at Sun Automotive, from the Front office staff to the mechanics, the service was excellent !!
If the dealer is willing to work with me on adjusting the price to reflect the needed repairs then spending $100. upfront was worth it.
Honesty & integrity in business are rare these days, but Sun delivered 100%.
It's easy to do the right thing, and everyone feels good about the experience.
Kristi and Alex rocked it !!! I hope the dealer works with me, but I'll be back to Sun.