4.5

Overall Rating 4.6973651/5Overall Rating 4.6973651/5Overall Rating 4.6973651/5Overall Rating 4.6973651/5rating 4.6973651
Overall Rating 2.1052584/5Overall Rating 2.1052584/5rating 2.1052584rating 2.1052584rating 2.1052584

Dana R.
Graniteville, SC
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
09/10/2019 Category: Service
Awful service department
Service rep doesnt listen to anything but had an answer for everything
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 09/10/2019

Please call me at 760-642-6362 about your recent visit with us. The number we have on file for you is no longer in service.

Thanks in advance

North Augusta, SC
2012 Hyundai Genesis
09/09/2019 Category: Service
Never Fixed the Problem: Car shuts off at stops
My Hyundai Genesis shuts down when doing in town driving mainly in intersections after braking or after coming to a complete stop. 2 years ago I had the same issue and the dealership replaced the master cylinder and the problem ceased. Now 2yrs later the problem is back! The same day that I paid $1,300 and got the car back it cut off in an intersection and then it went back to the dealership they did nothing else but drive it. I get it back drive it for 2 days and I break down in an intersection at 9pm with my toddler. Car goes back to dealership they keep it one week and call to tell me that they put appx 250 miles on it and that there is no problem.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 09/10/2019

Dear valued customer, we have explained that we can not get your vehicle to act up. The money that you spent on your first visit was for tires and recommended maintenance items. Hyundai recommends changing the spark plugs at 100,000 miles and your throttle body was extremely dirty. The Service Advisor explained that we could not duplicate the concern when he talked to you before you authorized the tires and the recommended maintenance. I would also like to state that we have provided you with a new car to drive while we have attempted to duplicate your concern, we have even had the owner of the dealership drive you vehicle for more than 90 miles. If a car runs flawlessly and never acts up in more than 275 miles of total driving for us then there is nothing that we can do to correct the concern. I do apologize for the problem the vehicle has caused you and unfortunately that is all that I can offer at this time. I do not, however, understand rating the dealership so poorly when we have gone above and beyond trying to assist you.  We do appreciate your previous visits and will miss being able to serve you in the future.

Robert W.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
08/22/2019 Category: Service
Service Problem
As previously described.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 08/23/2019

Dear Valued Customer, I have attempted twice today about this review. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we han discuss your visit. I can be reached at the dealership @ 706-868-1200 X453 or my cell @706-642-6362. Thank you in advance

RK
Raymond K.
North Augusta, SC
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service and no communication
Just overall poor
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 08/18/2019

Dear valued customer, we will miss having you as a customer however, your vehicle was towed in late Thursday afternoon, you were told Friday that we were not able to get the vehicle in the shop due to the vehicles that were ready scheduled. We did get your car in Monday morning and called you with an estimate, which you approved and the parts were ordered to repair your vehicle. Most customers would consider that more than acceptable, we even helped make arrangements for a rental for you. If that does not meet your expectations then I am sorry.

Steven M.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/31/2019 Category: Service
Misled
Most visits have been very good, but this last one was a disaster. A 10AM appointment for a speed sensor replacement. Was called at 345PM and told it would be completed at 515PM , but all lights were still on when I picked up my vehicle. Had to waste another half day taking my vehicle back to be properly repaired.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 08/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me this afternoon. As per our discussion the advisor was here on his first day and still learning Hyundai protocol. I am glad that he was able to get you back in a timely manner and fix the situation for you. We look forward to continuing to be of service to you in the future

FP
Frank P.
Aiken, SC
07/18/2019 Category: Service
Don't even deserve one star
Car was not repaired. On the way back to Aiken the engine light came on and the turbo would not engage when I tried to pass another car.Could not make arrangements to bring it back. Spoke to Don three times. Sent to computer 3 times. No one called us to set up return appointment
Waited until next day. No call from you. We paid you 546.09. .We called local garage took the car in fixed it. Car runs like new We paid 482.09 They were worth it. You ripped us off with lousy work and really poor customer service.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

Dear valued customer, it was good talking to and look forward to you returning my call next week so that we can work this out in a manner that is satisfactory to you

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Horrible service department
Worst Hyundai service ever. Lack of professionalism is ridiculous.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 07/01/2019

Dear valued customer, I would like to thank you for taking the time to talk to me and once again would like to apologize for the experience that happened and you can rest assured it will not happen again. I would like to request that when you are near the dealership that you stop by and see me. Once again thanks for the input

LW
Lisa W.
Warrenville, SC
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Take pictures of your car
My car was damaged while there but bc the work that was done on it wasn’t related to it they claimed they didn’t do it.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 06/25/2019

Dear Valued Customer when we were talking yesterday and you hung up before I had a chance to complete our conversation that when you arrived we recommended that you leave the vehicle due to the large number of recalls (4) that were due on your vehicle but you declined. As I stated during our conversation the recalls that were performed on your vehicle had absolutely nothing to do with the dash on your vehicle, they involve the center console and the rear seat, so any damages that you noticed either happened before you arrived or after leaving the dealership. Per your statement they were so small that you almost did not notice them so it is no telling when they occurred. We completed the recalls due in a timely manner which does not mean that the airbag light that was on when the vehicle came in would be corrected when they were completed

EB
Elizabeth B.
06/07/2019
One of the worst customer experiences ever encountered
This dealership had my car for over half of May over the course of 2 separate visits. While the issue is intermittent, I expected more sense of urgency and communication from the service staff given past experience. They were, at one point, thorough and stellar! I don't know why the service level has become so poor, but when the service manager doesn't follow up, work stops on your vehicle because a service advisor has the day off, and a customer has to visit in person, despite leaving multiple messages, to get an update on her car, it is unacceptable. Add to that my car experienced the same issue again less than a week after it was "fixed". 3 Hyundais and 2 referral sales later, I'm DONE with Hyundai not because of the brand but because of this dealership's lack of service!

SJ
Sandi J.
05/16/2019
Service dept had my car for 6 hours yesterday - No SERVICE
I dropped my car off at 11:40 AM for a 1:00 oil change appointment and the Check engine light was on. ( I only have 3,999 miles on my car)

I never heard from the service dept so at 4:30 I called to see if my car was ready. No answer in the service dept so I headed down there anyway because my ride was leaving work.

Car was never touched for the 6 hours it was there. Service person could not tell me if the car had the oil changed or not but he did say that there was one customer ahead of me for the engine light issue.

He could care less and told me to bring it back tomorrow. I can't be without a car all day today again as I need it to perform my job.

I don't know where all these reviewers found these friendly, helpful people but I surely didn't find any at the Taylor Hyundai Service department.

Unfortunately I am stuck taking it there again some time when I can give it up for another 6 hours to find out why the check engine is on with only 3,999 miles on the car. Lucky me!
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 05/20/2019

Dear valued customer, I am sorry that we were not able to fit your vehicle in to the main shop for the check engine light being on. However, we work on a schedule and was not able to fit it in on Wednesday. I am glad that we were able to pick up the car Friday, check it out, and get it back to you. Your Service Consultant has made preliminary arrangements to pick your vehicle back up when the parts arrive and have them installed for you. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me

CD
Carl D.
Mc Cormick, SC
2019 Hyundai Sonata
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Time wasted.
Spent 4 hours for a oil and filter change on my first 3000 mile service.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 04/25/2019

Dear valued customer, We admitted that we dropped the ball when you were here when the vehicle was passed from the express side for the oil and filter change to the main shop to look at the garage door remote. I do apologize again for the inconvenience and will gladly recheck the garage door opener on your next scheduled visit. Thank you for your feedback and being a Taylor Hyundai customer

Donna D.
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Rereview
After speaking with Bob Swiger, he seems to be trying to straighten out the communication problems. Hopefully on my next visit I will be able to speak to someone promptly and not a week later. He explained that the text was computer generated and does not say your vehicle is ready.

04/08/2019 Category: Service
Bad communication
This service department needs to communicate better.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 04/08/2019

Good afternoon, I have reviewed your file and the text messages that were sent between yourself and the Service Advisor, I see that your vehicle was written up at 08:27 and that you were notified by text message at 09:54 which you responded to that your car was ready, so that is less than 1.5 hours for the service. I also reviewed  the call log and can't find the phone number listed on the repair order on the log. About your previous visits we have worked diligently to correct the long times to get oil changes performed which has been corrected as evidenced by recent reviews that customers have posted in the last 2 months. I would really like for you to contact me about this review at your earliest convenience

ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 04/11/2019

Sure was good talking to you this afternoon and hope that we cleared up things. I did talk to our computer company that sends the text and they can not or will not change the wording of the text not sure which one. We look forward to seeing you for your next service

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/26/2019 Category: Service
Needs work
My car was repaired however the quality of customer care needs a tune up.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 03/29/2019

Dear Valued Customer I have tried to contact you about your recent review and have left a voice mail, please contact me at your earliest convenience

Jeanna H.
03/20/2019
Disappointed
I hate to write bad reviews and I typically give people the benefit of the doubt, but we have been treated so poorly by Taylor Hyundai’s service department that I feel I have no other choice. Not to mention, with how many good reviews they have, we absolutely feel singled out.
I will first start by saying that in the 3 years I have had this car (it was 3 years old at time of purchase from Taylor Hyundai) I have had several major issues and feel as if we were taken advantage of by our sales person and sold a car that had known issues. It now has a brand new engine, a brand new fuel pump, a brand new valve along with 2 new batteries within the last year. I’ve also had to have the car towed to Hyundai twice in the last 3 years. So, I am not happy with the car in general. But, that has not swayed how I feel about this experience we have had the last 2 ½ weeks with their service department.
I dropped the car off March 1st for an oil change and for them to investigate an issue with the car dragging when it starts. They charged me $135 to investigate the entire car and find out what is going on with it. We finally heard back from them 3 days later with a voicemail. When we tried to return the call, they then did not return our phone call for 2 more days where they tell us the fuel pump is bad and it will be $900 to repair it. We tell them to go ahead with the repair where they then tell us they have to order the part (2 days wasted by them not being in contact with us, in my opinion). They get the part in and we are able to pick the car up Friday the 8th. Saturday morning, March 9th, we go to crank the car and find that the issue with it dragging when started was in fact NOT fixed and it is still doing the same thing. We call our advisor, Don, and he asks us to bring the car back in Monday. Monday comes, the car has been dropped off with the service manager. My husband explains his frustration with not being called back when we leave voicemails and not being updated about our car. The service manager tells my husband that the female who “doesn’t return phone calls has been fired because we are not the first customers to complain about this”. I assume that person is Misty since her name was on the voicemail and magically once he tells us this, her name is off the service department voicemail. He leaves the car and we continue to hear no update until Thursday when my husband finally gets in touch with the service manager. He says “I guess no one has called you.” He tells my husband that they found the issue is with a valve that does not close when the car is turned off. He tells us there was an actual issue with the fuel pump, so he will not be refunding us for that, but that his mechanic should have kept looking instead of stopping there so he will not be charging us for this repair. We were appreciative of that. He lets us know the car will be ready to be picked up Saturday the 15th and that someone would call us that morning. We did need it to be done by the 15th as my husband was leaving for military training and I would have no way to pick the car up with him gone as we have a 1 year old and cannot pick a car up because I would then be leaving another car there as we need a car seat. Saturday comes and goes with no phone call. It’s getting close to time they close and by this time we have called 4 times and left voicemails with ZERO response. We finally decide to just drive there to pick it up as we cannot get in touch with anyone. We get there and my car is in pieces with the excuse that the part did not arrive on time. They let us know they will deliver my car to our home on Monday or Tuesday. The car was not delivered Monday, but my husband received a call from the service manager and was told they ordered the wrong part and decided to just go to Kia of Augusta and get the part they need (why this was not just done in the first place, I’m not sure.) He promises the car will be delivered Tuesday. I bet you can guess where I’m going with this. Tuesday comes and goes. No car. I call and leave ANOTHER message at the service department and ask to be called first thing in the morning. Nothing. I send an email threatening to go above their heads if I am not given an update immediately. Once that email was sent, they are magically on the way to my home to drop my car off and guess what else? It’s Misty dropping my car off (the person we assume was “fired” for not returning messages).
We are extremely disappointed in the lack of customer service we have received. The lack of communication and lack of follow through on Taylor Hyundai service department’s part is concerning, to say the least. The flat out lying to us about when the car would be ready (with zero communication when parts were not delivered, etc.) is appalling. If I treated customers the way I have been treated by Taylor Hyundai I would actually be fired (not fake fired like Misty). Most of this could have been easily avoided by simply keeping in touch, calling us back and keeping us updated with the status of the repairs. My husband and I are both very patient people and have just been pushed over the edge. I cannot recommend Taylor Hyundai to anyone I know as I would not want them to be treated in this way.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 03/21/2019

Dear Valued Customer, I know from talking with your husband that you work during the day and I would like to discuss this with you since there is quite a communication breakdown here. Please call me on my cell at 706-504-7857 when it is convenient for you.

Thanks in advance

Appling, GA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/19/2019 Category: Service
2 hr oil change
Poor
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 03/20/2019

I have reviewed the video footage when you came in it was for and oil and filter change, a tire rotation and a complimentary wash and vacuum, your total time in the shop from write up to cashiering out was 1 hour and 41 minutes. We inform all of out customer that the average time for all of the above is 1 hour and 45 minutes. We will miss you as a customer and if we can be of service to you in the future please contact us

Jason G.
02/09/2019 Category: Service
Service work
We brought in our car for a recall, check engine light was on and the car was not shifting properly. They called the next day to say it was ready. We picked it up several days later. They had performed the recall,the check engine light was out but they had not fixed the shifting problem. We had to leave the car again. They fixed the problem and were very apologetic for not fixing in the first time.

02/09/2019 Category: Service
Problems were not fixed
Left my car for repairs and they were not fixed. Waste of my time
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 02/11/2019

Dear Valued customer, I am very glad that you and your service consultant were able to get everything worked out to your satisfaction. We look forward to being able to provide you quality service in the future

Robert B.
Edgefield, SC
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/19/2019 Category: Service
January 10th Recall Service
I've owned several Hyundai vehicles and I know the service is not as timely and good as it used to be. We do enjoy driving Hyundai vehicles...we've never had any major issues with them and we like the comfort and design. Please improve your service department !!!
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 01/21/2019

i enjoyed our conversation this morning and afternoon, as per our discussion i will submit the info to Hyundai when it becomes available to me. Thank you and looking forward to getting a resolution to your concern

TR
Tonnie R.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Mechanic is suspect!!!
Mechanic calling about things that don’t need to be done and calling hours apart for different services, rude to customer and did not state why he lied and wrote I declined a service; didn’t discuss items that were marked on my sheet
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

It’s unfortunate the service did not meet your expectations.  Please call us if we can help you in the future.

Charles M.
Aiken, SC
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
12/31/2018 Category: Service
Transmission Repair
I purchased the extended warranty for a 2012 Hyundai Sonata hybrid in Washington state. My transmission started having issues while in Aiken, SC. The closes dealership was Taylor Hyundai in Augusta, GA. My vehicle was towed there on 11/9/18. My vehicle repair was completed on 12/21/18. I received 12 days rental from warranty company and was not offered a courtesy vehicle or any type of rental assistance from Taylor during this time period. Numerous completion dates were not met, I had to wait 30 minutes for Service rep to finish my paperwork and receive a vehicle dirtier than when I dropped it off. Not a good experience at all!
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 01/08/2019

Dear valued customer, I understand your frustration from your recent visit. Yes we had numerous problems getting a usable transmission from your extended service contract company. We did complete the job 3 days after after we obtained the final authorization to fix the last transmission that they sent us. The reason that your paperwork was not completed was we were waiting on the final authorization, in written form, for us fixing the transmission that they had sent. Instead of keeping you waiting any longer that day we just absorbed the cost at the dealership level. We are sorry that you feel like you will not return but certain things are beyond our control.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/24/2018 Category: Service
First time for everything
First time I ever had a poor service
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 12/31/2018

Dear Valued Customer, It’s unfortunate the service did not meet your expectations.  The warranty that Hyundai provides is on the internal parts of the engine. not any hoses or belts. There are procedures that we are required to go through to get the authorization to replace the engine and when it is approved Hyundai authorizes a rental at that time. This time can take 2 to 5 days depending on the day of the week and work load of the Pre-Authorization Center, that is why it took 5 days to get you a loaner. The oil tube was put on your vehicle and i do apologize for any misunderstanding it was the seal on the tube that failed. Please call us if we can help you in the future.