4.6

07/18/2020 Category: Service
Very satisfied
I'm very satisfied with the outcome of Hyundai being concerned about getting my car back in and seeing what's going on. My advisor Ms. Sherri she's awesome and it wasnt on her at all.

07/18/2020 Category: Service
So sad
I usually dont never have a issue with service. But when I got somethings done I left with more issues fuel gauge not working check engine light is on I didn't have this problem before I took my car in. I do not have money to waste or give Hyundai hell I'm not working been out of work since March due to the virus I'm very pissed. They want me to bring it back in on Monday oh I wonder due they want to take more money from me.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 07/18/2020

I am very glad that you and you advisor were able to work things out

2016 Hyundai Genesis
06/10/2020 Category: Service
Re-score for Service Consultant (per service manager's request)
Disclaimer: this is re-score of my previous review (one star=poor) on their service requested by the service manager since the service manager insisted that low review score will lower service consultant's pay although I specifically mentioned the low score was nothing to do with my service consultant's performance . Previous review was on my overall experience - mainly around issues with the technician worked on my car (keep making mistakes causing other issues - see at this link https://www.surecritic.com/reviews/taylor-hyundai?review_id=6628019)

My service consultant did a better job than my typical experience with other service consultants who I had experienced with.
She actually contacted me for update on my car's service status and helped resolve issues with mechanic's mistake during warranty service.
This is not very usual based on my experience at this location. Typically I had to call them and check on the status or whether I can pickup my car at promised time. During last visit (continuation of previous visit) when she were out of town, someone else "supposed" to take care of my car but the other service consultant "forgot" to check the status and he realized my car wasn't ready after I called to see if I can pick my car up at the end of day since I haven't heard (they told me it should be quick fix so I can wait or I can pick car up later - they would contact me). Considering this, my original service consultant's service was definitely better.

06/10/2020 Category: Service
Incompetent mechanic!
Having to have serviced my car two additional repairs because the technician forgot to plug switch back after repair and damaged center console to plug the switch back! Even after third repair, the console wasn't put together correctly, their service manager had to fix it again. It was deja vu experience from 4 years ago which was actually worse than this time (more things broken and took longer to fix).
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 06/11/2020

It was very nice talking with you today and do apologize for series of events that happened and look forward to your next visit when you will see that we are working toward making strives in the right direction and that starts with our Service Consultants.

706-504-7857 cell

Hephzibah, GA
2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring
05/10/2020 Category: Service
Always had good service
Was only there for a couple of minutes, and Joe was very helpful. Appreciated his expertise in his field. Although I was there for a recall, there were other problems with my vehicle and Joe was very understanding and helpful. Great job Joe, I appreciate you. Thank you Ray

05/10/2020 Category: Service
Brought in for recall
Everything was done on time and done right
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 05/11/2020

Sorry to hear that you had a problem trying to submit the review. It was a pleasure being able to serve you

ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 05/11/2020

Thank you very much we appreciate the great review

RF
Ralph H F.
Crawfordville, GA
03/11/2020
Scheduled work on my 2015 Genesis
I made an appointment to have gas door release replaced at 9::30 AM today 3/11/3020.
I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty from the dealership. I sat at dealership for 2 hrs. I walked to the garage, my car had not been fixed. I told the service rep. (Sheri) I want my car now. She said they were waiting on the warranty people to ok the job. This should have been taken care yesterday or day before since I called about this issue on Monday 3/9/2020. I wasted 2 hours plus an hour drive down to and hour back home. Wasted time and cost for trip. I am very disgusted with my experience. Not first time either.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 03/11/2020

I am very sorry that you are upset however when a customer has an extended service contract and you call in for the authorization for repair they ask the following:
Last 8 of the VIN
Customers name
Mileage on vehicle
Repair order number
Date on the repair order
what we diagnosed
parts required to complete the repair and the cost of them
The labor required to complete the repair as a minimum. Without your vehicle here we have no RO, we do not have mileage. If the vehicle is not on the premises they will not give a authorization and tell us to call back when we have the vehicle there.
Once again I am very sorry that you are upset but we have requirements from the Extended Service Companies that we have to meet before they will authorize repairs.
I would also like to mention that Sheri informed you that the repair would take 2 or 3 hours to complete when you arrived.

Sherry S.
Aiken, SC
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Not a pleasant experience
I was told it would be an hour it was almost 2 hours to get new tires put on my car. I was talked to in a condescending way and I will not be back.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 02/18/2020

Dear Valued Customer, I just left you a voice mail about your recent visit, please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance

Dana R.
Graniteville, SC
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
09/10/2019 Category: Service
Awful service department
Service rep doesnt listen to anything but had an answer for everything
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 09/10/2019

Please call me at 760-642-6362 about your recent visit with us. The number we have on file for you is no longer in service.

Thanks in advance

North Augusta, SC
2012 Hyundai Genesis
09/09/2019 Category: Service
Never Fixed the Problem: Car shuts off at stops
My Hyundai Genesis shuts down when doing in town driving mainly in intersections after braking or after coming to a complete stop. 2 years ago I had the same issue and the dealership replaced the master cylinder and the problem ceased. Now 2yrs later the problem is back! The same day that I paid $1,300 and got the car back it cut off in an intersection and then it went back to the dealership they did nothing else but drive it. I get it back drive it for 2 days and I break down in an intersection at 9pm with my toddler. Car goes back to dealership they keep it one week and call to tell me that they put appx 250 miles on it and that there is no problem.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 09/10/2019

Dear valued customer, we have explained that we can not get your vehicle to act up. The money that you spent on your first visit was for tires and recommended maintenance items. Hyundai recommends changing the spark plugs at 100,000 miles and your throttle body was extremely dirty. The Service Advisor explained that we could not duplicate the concern when he talked to you before you authorized the tires and the recommended maintenance. I would also like to state that we have provided you with a new car to drive while we have attempted to duplicate your concern, we have even had the owner of the dealership drive you vehicle for more than 90 miles. If a car runs flawlessly and never acts up in more than 275 miles of total driving for us then there is nothing that we can do to correct the concern. I do apologize for the problem the vehicle has caused you and unfortunately that is all that I can offer at this time. I do not, however, understand rating the dealership so poorly when we have gone above and beyond trying to assist you.  We do appreciate your previous visits and will miss being able to serve you in the future.

Robert W.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
08/22/2019 Category: Service
Service Problem
As previously described.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 08/23/2019

Dear Valued Customer, I have attempted twice today about this review. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we han discuss your visit. I can be reached at the dealership @ 706-868-1200 X453 or my cell @706-642-6362. Thank you in advance

RK
Raymond K.
North Augusta, SC
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service and no communication
Just overall poor
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 08/18/2019

Dear valued customer, we will miss having you as a customer however, your vehicle was towed in late Thursday afternoon, you were told Friday that we were not able to get the vehicle in the shop due to the vehicles that were ready scheduled. We did get your car in Monday morning and called you with an estimate, which you approved and the parts were ordered to repair your vehicle. Most customers would consider that more than acceptable, we even helped make arrangements for a rental for you. If that does not meet your expectations then I am sorry.

Steven M.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/31/2019 Category: Service
Misled
Most visits have been very good, but this last one was a disaster. A 10AM appointment for a speed sensor replacement. Was called at 345PM and told it would be completed at 515PM , but all lights were still on when I picked up my vehicle. Had to waste another half day taking my vehicle back to be properly repaired.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 08/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me this afternoon. As per our discussion the advisor was here on his first day and still learning Hyundai protocol. I am glad that he was able to get you back in a timely manner and fix the situation for you. We look forward to continuing to be of service to you in the future

FP
Frank P.
Aiken, SC
07/18/2019 Category: Service
Don't even deserve one star
Car was not repaired. On the way back to Aiken the engine light came on and the turbo would not engage when I tried to pass another car.Could not make arrangements to bring it back. Spoke to Don three times. Sent to computer 3 times. No one called us to set up return appointment
Waited until next day. No call from you. We paid you 546.09. .We called local garage took the car in fixed it. Car runs like new We paid 482.09 They were worth it. You ripped us off with lousy work and really poor customer service.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

Dear valued customer, it was good talking to and look forward to you returning my call next week so that we can work this out in a manner that is satisfactory to you

Grovetown, GA
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Horrible service department
Worst Hyundai service ever. Lack of professionalism is ridiculous.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 07/01/2019

Dear valued customer, I would like to thank you for taking the time to talk to me and once again would like to apologize for the experience that happened and you can rest assured it will not happen again. I would like to request that when you are near the dealership that you stop by and see me. Once again thanks for the input

LW
Lisa W.
Warrenville, SC
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Take pictures of your car
My car was damaged while there but bc the work that was done on it wasn’t related to it they claimed they didn’t do it.
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 06/25/2019

Dear Valued Customer when we were talking yesterday and you hung up before I had a chance to complete our conversation that when you arrived we recommended that you leave the vehicle due to the large number of recalls (4) that were due on your vehicle but you declined. As I stated during our conversation the recalls that were performed on your vehicle had absolutely nothing to do with the dash on your vehicle, they involve the center console and the rear seat, so any damages that you noticed either happened before you arrived or after leaving the dealership. Per your statement they were so small that you almost did not notice them so it is no telling when they occurred. We completed the recalls due in a timely manner which does not mean that the airbag light that was on when the vehicle came in would be corrected when they were completed

EB
Elizabeth B.
Grovetown, GA
06/07/2019
One of the worst customer experiences ever encountered
This dealership had my car for over half of May over the course of 2 separate visits. While the issue is intermittent, I expected more sense of urgency and communication from the service staff given past experience. They were, at one point, thorough and stellar! I don't know why the service level has become so poor, but when the service manager doesn't follow up, work stops on your vehicle because a service advisor has the day off, and a customer has to visit in person, despite leaving multiple messages, to get an update on her car, it is unacceptable. Add to that my car experienced the same issue again less than a week after it was "fixed". 3 Hyundais and 2 referral sales later, I'm DONE with Hyundai not because of the brand but because of this dealership's lack of service!

SJ
Sandi J.
Evans, GA
05/16/2019
Service dept had my car for 6 hours yesterday - No SERVICE
I dropped my car off at 11:40 AM for a 1:00 oil change appointment and the Check engine light was on. ( I only have 3,999 miles on my car)

I never heard from the service dept so at 4:30 I called to see if my car was ready. No answer in the service dept so I headed down there anyway because my ride was leaving work.

Car was never touched for the 6 hours it was there. Service person could not tell me if the car had the oil changed or not but he did say that there was one customer ahead of me for the engine light issue.

He could care less and told me to bring it back tomorrow. I can't be without a car all day today again as I need it to perform my job.

I don't know where all these reviewers found these friendly, helpful people but I surely didn't find any at the Taylor Hyundai Service department.

Unfortunately I am stuck taking it there again some time when I can give it up for another 6 hours to find out why the check engine is on with only 3,999 miles on the car. Lucky me!
ROBERT S., Service Manager from Taylor Hyundai responded on 05/20/2019

Dear valued customer, I am sorry that we were not able to fit your vehicle in to the main shop for the check engine light being on. However, we work on a schedule and was not able to fit it in on Wednesday. I am glad that we were able to pick up the car Friday, check it out, and get it back to you. Your Service Consultant has made preliminary arrangements to pick your vehicle back up when the parts arrive and have them installed for you. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me