Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5

GT
Gregory T.
06/18/2013
Shaken Confidence
We've been happy with their work before, but took a car in for a specific issue, was given a very high estimate which included other work, then a second significantly lower estimate but still high. Ended up getting a second opinion and going to the original out of town dealer who fixed the original issue for $50. Time will tell if their fix permanently resolves the issue, and if the other work estimate was accurate in what needed to be done, or if the subsequent opinions were correct. This episode did damage my confidence.

Kenya M.
Hyundai Santa Fe
05/24/2013 Category: Service
Kenya said the crank shaft sensor went out on her vehicle again. They would not tow her vehicle back to the business for her free of charge. Instead, they told her to find a way and they would take a look at the vehicle. If the issue was not what they previously worked on then she would have to pay for the work to fix the vehicle. She mentioned she thinks when females come into the business and they do not know a thing about vehicles, the business should go out of their way to explain things more thoroughly. She would not recommend this business for this reason.

EF
Ed F.
01/04/2012 Category: Service
Ed said his vehicle leaked gas all over his shoes after he had service at this business. He would not recommend this business for the above reason.
Ben B. from Wrench Auto Service responded on 01/06/2012
We are very sorry for this happening to Ed. We picked the vehicle up from Ed's house and then immediately resolved the issue with the fuel leak that day. The fuel system is no longer leaking and we also filled the tank with $70 of gasoline, at no charge. We try very hard to make sure all problems are resolved and appreciate customer feedback.

AW
Alex W.
Nissan Maxima
06/07/2019
Expensive
I've taken vehicles there a few times. Nice people and all but it's always been about twice as expensive as I expected. It's never my first choice because of that. I don't trust that I'm getting the best value for what I'm paying. I only came back because I was in a bind with my son's car and this was the only close place that could look at it on short notice. Even minor repairs seem to run over $700 here. Avoid if you can.

AH
Allie H.
04/22/2017 Category: Service
Allie said they didn't fix the problem. She said she hopes she does not have to pay when she brings the vehicle back so they can complete the work.
Ben B. from Wrench Auto Service responded on 04/26/2017

Hi Allie,

Thank you for lettting me know about the problem and your willingness to allow us to check out the car again and fix the problem. Please let me know if you have any further problems with your car.

Thank you for your business.
Ben

John C.
Honda Accord
05/14/2016
Happy with repairs
Thanks for fixing the problems I had after my previous visit. I'm satisfied with the repairs now. Thanks for all the printouts you provided. I'm keeping an eye on the oil now.

05/14/2016
Questionable service.......
After my last service I started having trouble with my power steering. I thought it was just the new belt but it got worse. When I checked under the hood I found that the power steering fluid container had not been reattached and was flopping around empty and rubbing on the new belt. I reattached the container filled it with fluid and it works fine now but I think it leaks now I just had to refill it. My engine oil started coming on whenever I turned a corner. It started getting worse so I checked the oil today and found nothing on the stick. What's up Ben? Am I missing something or is this what I think?
Ben B. from Wrench Auto Service responded on 06/16/2016

Hi John,

I am very sorry for the hassle of having a problem with your Honda right after we fixed it. I hope our follow up and warranty repairs are acceptable. Thank you for your business and thank you for contacting me about the problem with the repairs that were performed.
Sincerely,

Ben Beere - Wrench Auto Service

TK
Ted K.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
08/23/2013
Got your VM
Yes I got your message and I didn't see the point in calling you back. I know it's hard to give someone an estimate without seeing the damage.

Once I had your estimate though I felt I couldn't go else where without paying you for the inspection and then having them do the work. That would have probably cost me more than your quote so I had you do the work. Yes I made an assumption, that's on me.

You did what you said you were going to at the price you quoted me and it wasn't over inflated. Thank you!
Am I very happy or very satisfied? No
Was I impressed with your staff or their treatment of me? No
Can I recommend your place? Maybe I don't get that as an option. Sorry
Will I come back? ...

08/23/2013
Just not happy
When the estimate for $300 the total bill should be for $800 without warning. They could have given us a worse case scenario estimate then there wouldn't have been a surprise ending.
Ben B. from Wrench Auto Service responded on 08/27/2013

Ted,  I am sorry you feel this way and sometimes it can be difficult to give an accurate estimate without physically seeing the vehicle first.
When you called and requested a price quote, over the phone, for replacing the rear brake pads & rotors, I did not know the rear brake calipers were seized and the rear brake hoses were badly cracked. Once we inspected the brake system, I called you with the updated information before performing any repairs. You then gave me verbal authorization to complete the repairs.
I have tried contacting you via phone to discuss this matter, but had to leave a VM message. Please contact me if you are having any problems with your brakes or if you have any further questions about the repairs.

Thank you very much for your business.

Ben Beere

SD
Sandra D.
08/26/2011 Category: Service
Sandra said she had a specific conversation with them about where to leave the keys to her vehicle since she would be picking it up after 5:00 pm. They were to leave the keys under the mat, which they did, but they locked the door. She had to spend two hours waiting to get the vehicle unlocked. It cost her $65 for the locksmith, which was more than she spent on the repairs. She is never going back.

Meghann H.
Saturn VUE
06/22/2020
Great staff not sure about the parts tho.
I had my alternator replaced and it started make a funny sound. The service by the guys there was astounding, they had it replaced under the warranty, Unfortunately not even 4 days later it failed while I was over an hour away. On a Sunday it was extremely hard to get back home. Hours spent on the side of the highway waiting for roadside assistance. Needless to say my alternator is bad yet again. Its hard to say if they got some bad part.

Dennis H.
05/08/2018 Category: Service
Dennis said every time he goes to the facility, they quote him at a higher price than another facility does. He stated when they go back and tell them the other place's price was lower, they adjust their price lower.

AK
Al K.
Wisconsin
11/13/2017 Category: Service
Al said the service on his tires was good but the vehicle rides too hard.

Anthony S.
01/18/2017
Oil change scheduled maintenance
Timely. I was told that I would be contacted if my cabin and air filter needs replacing but I wasn't and noticed afterward on my receipt they recommended replacement. Not sure what happened. My oil minder system wasn't reset either. Will give them another chance.
Ben B. from Wrench Auto Service responded on 01/23/2017

Hi Anthony,
I am sorry for the lack of communication during the oil change service you recently had at our shop. We really appreciate your business and your offer to give us another chance. Please contact me when you are ready for your next service and we will install the filters for no labor charge.
Sincerely,

Ben

MV
Monte V.
Milwaukee, WI
Dodge Durango
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Monte said this business is pretty expensive. They said they test drove his vehicle but the vehicle shook, after it was returned to him.

Jeff D.
Plain, WI
12/31/2015 Category: Service
Jeff said he liked that this business, got him in really quickly and they gave him good service. His only concern was their prices were too high and they charged quite a bit for labor.

TA
Todd A.
Stoughton, WI
11/02/2015
It is close to work. Spectrumbrands
The bill seemed high for the work that was done. $47.00 misc shop supply charge kind of threw me off.