CHRIS H.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
12/17/2020
Unimpressed
Took my car in for a simple headlight fuse fix after calling ahead to make an appointment the day before. Dropped it off at 8am and by 6pm it still had not been touched after I specified I’d need it back by the end of the day (especially before a snowstorm came through). Feeling let down, especially after all the positive reviews I had read.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
12/08/2020
Disappointing visit
I have brought my car here a few times before, but unfortunately this recent visit has left me with a bad taste.
After bringing my car in last Monday to have a headlight looked at, I was told I needed an appointment to have it looked at since it wasn't a bulb issue. I made an appointment for noon the following day, and was told there was a promissory time of 5 pm for a diagnosis. I heard nothing by the end of the day, but knew they were busy. The next day I waited for some news, and when I hadn't heard by 3 pm, I called to check on the status. The person I spoke with said that she did not have a report, but that she would try to add some urgency to the situation, and again the 5 pm promissory time was mentioned. The rest of the day went by, and so did all of the following day. I needed the car for the weekend, so after not hearing anything on Friday, I called after 3 pm to say that I would just get my car as is. Only then was I told that a partial diagnosis had been performed, and that a replacement of the headlight module was recommended. This was the first piece of information I had received in 4 days! I could not wait then to have the diagnostics completed, so I left. I was encouraged to come back when I have "more time for a full diagnosis." How would I ever know how much time is needed for a full diagnosis if I was never told ANYTHING at ANY point?!?!?! What if I needed my car during the week?! Apparently more than 96 hours is not enough time for a diagnosis.

When I got to my destination I found out that I could not lock my car!! Luckily, I did not have to worry about parking on the street that night. I called the next day to report this and agreed to come back first thing Monday morning. I dropped my car off, and a 12 pm promissory time was mentioned (but I knew to not put any faith in that by this point). I got the estimate that evening, for another module replacement, a job that would end up being over $700. I had only returned this time because I had gotten my car back in worse shape than before, and thought that they should be the ones to fix the problem. Unfortunately, with a job this costly, I am not confident that it will be done properly, nor do I feel like spending more money here.

KITTY S.
Allston, MA
11/15/2020
Lied and overcharged
I was told my car needed 1000+ dollars in repairs. The only thing actually broken was my alternator, a
Billy A., Service Manger from A Z Auto Center responded on 11/16/2020

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry you did not have a better experience with us at A-Z Auto. We would love to go over the work that was done on your vehicle as well as the recommendations that were sent to you. Thank you for choosing A-Z Auto, and I hope we can resolve any concerns you have.

JOEL C.
Acura TL
11/02/2020
Wasted my time
Dropped off my car Saturday 8 AM one of the representative said it should be done by 1 PM got called back at 430pm
They told me my car won’t be looked at until Sunday or Monday morning
A complete waste of time

DA
DRU A.
Hyde Park, MA
Honda Civic Cpe
06/19/2020
Terrible Shop, Dont bring your car here
I only have 1 star because I had to to respond. My key was stuck in the cylinder and they wanted $700 just to replace the cylinder, never mind to check was was wrong with my car. They said they couldn't start it or get it out. I called AAA to send it to another shop. The tow truck driver immediately started the car and took the key out with his hand. A to Z charged me $57 just to look at the ignition and tell me they cant get the key out. I asked them why, they said either that or $85 for 1 day storage in their lot. Absolute crooks, DONT BRING YOUR CAR HERE!!

PG
PATRICK G.
Attleboro, MA
02/13/2020
Terrible
This place is a waste of time. Took my car for a whole day and got nothing accomplished. I had to uber around, pay for a rental, just to get my car back with the same exact problem if not worst. Payed all that money for nothing.

02/04/2020
Bad service
Tried to overcharge me. Offering parts that cost $130 for more than $200. Also, offering inflated labor figures.

HN
HIEU N.
Brookline, MA
MINI Cooper Hardtop
12/10/2019
Light Bulb Replacement
Was charged $51.00 just for a replacement of 1 light bulb on my Mini Cooper. I recently had the other light bulb replaced down the street at Shimon’s gas station on Harvard St. for just $25.00, unfortunately, they were closed when I called at 4:30 pm..

Jamaica Plain, MA
Dodge Durango
12/06/2019
Disappointed
I am very disappointed. Did they even look at my vehicle? They told me that it would be $700+ to repair the heating system. Someone else who was not even a mechanic looked at it and fixed it in 2 seconds. Why couldn't they do that?

CL
CONOR L.
Brookline, MA
INFINITI G35 Sedan
11/08/2019
They stole my airpods
These guys legit stole my airpods. Sad!

MK
MOHAMED K.
Hyde Park, MA
09/14/2019
I got the same problem fixed for less cheaper.
Will never take my car there or recommend anybody that I know to go there.

Framingham, MA
Acura 3.2TL
09/14/2019
Not good
The place is trying to make money as possible. Recommend expensive repairs. Did not wanted to get it fixed there. I did not wanted to get it fixed there. The car ball joint came out and they were trying to charge me 1000$ dollars. Need some genuine people who charge you genuinely.

08/08/2019
Customer service is at 0! Rude, treat you like They are doing you a favor. Maybe because I am a woman.
I gave this place quite a few chances, just because it’s close to my home. Besides absolutely no customer service level, they never do the work on time as they say, always at the end of the day, when they are all gone, you can pick up your car and pay your bill at the gas station. I guess they don’t like answering questions or looking you in the eyes after what they’ve done. I’ve had them do rear breaks, when I needed front; they have told me that my car is safe to drive, while it wasn’t (breaks issues); they’ve had me wait for some irrelevant to safety parts over 10 days. Just one thing worse than the other. I am done w them for sure.

Nissan Sentra
04/28/2019
Third time is not the charm
Within a month, I had to go back to the shop 3 times for something “different” everytime. One time I didn’t even get an invoice for what they were doing and only a notice to go pick my car up and then I had to pay for something I didn’t approve of AFTER having to come back to fix my car again after just having it fixed a week ago. After the 3rd time, my check engine light still came back on. My car is in a worse condition now from when I first brought it in.

02/08/2019
Kept my car for 5 days
Unfortunately had a bad experience at AZ. It wasn't my first time going but will be my last. They were just replacing my oil pan and putting a valve gasket on. They first said it was delayed because something had to dry for a few hours and then the reasoning was because the wrong part came in. Overall, 5 day without a car for a small fix was ridiculous. They also charged an absurd amount of money for such a fix. Nice people just not the best service