Allston, MA
Honda Fit
08/20/2020
Takes too long
I’m not sure why it takes all day to do an oil change/tire rotation. This is the second time I have dropped my car off with an appointment at 8am right when it has opened and the car hasn’t been ready until late in the afternoon. This should be something that can be done in 30-40 min while I wait. This is ridiculous especially when I had an appointment.

Nissan NV
08/16/2020
tire replacement
Tires were replaced as agreed upon. However, TPMS sensors were not reset properly.

LF
LLOYD F.
Boston, MA
Toyota Pickup
08/06/2020
Lack of communication.
After leaving A-Z Auto Center after some brake word and structural welding, I took the vehicle to another garage to get an assessment of the suggested further work regarding the braking system. The second garage advised me to not do the work, and not to put any more serious money into the vehicle due to the extreme rust throughout the undercarriage. While the welding job done was competent, (as was the brake work completed), there are apparently many other points of potentially serious rust failure, which could cause a breakdown while traveling. This was not made clear at the initial encounter with A-Z Auto Center. Had that concern been communicated, I likely would not have invested the nearly $2500 in the vehicle. IN addition, the vehicle was in the garages of A-Z Auto center for nearly a month, and I felt that I was not kept apprised of the amount of time needed to reclaim the vehicle. While the individuals with whom I had contact at A-Z Auto center were cordial and solicitous, I didn't feel I was given the information needed to make a sound decision.

FS
FELIPE S.
Honda Civic Sdn
06/12/2020
Experience
The customer service is good, but I went to see what’s happening with my AC that doesn’t work and they sent me the estimated for $1.200 that is insane and I just had to change the compressor so I end up
Fixing this for $350’somewhere else....

Boston, MA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
04/14/2020
Routine Maintenance
I brought my car for routine maintenance (oil change and state inspection) on a Tuesday, was told I would get it back the next day, and didn’t get it back until Saturday due to other issues that occurred during the repair/assembly process. After an extra $300 worth of unforeseen work, failed inspection, new indicator light that’s wasn’t on prior to bringing my car in, and over $950 in repairs total, I was asked to return in a couple weeks to reassess my state inspection. I am disappointed it took so long to get my car back, and the fact that there are new issues/lights on in my car that weren’t there prior to dropping it off with A-Z. I felt a little taken advantage of during this pandemic after being quoted thousands of dollars worth of repairs and additional work while my car was in the shop. I appreciate their time and dedicated work during this difficult time in our world. Unfortunately I will not be returning for further maintenance.

Brookline, MA
05/18/2019
Good service friendly fast on time

LN
LOAN N.
Nissan Sentra
05/16/2019
Not impressed
I brought my car in to repair my exhaust that was making a lot of noise. AZ recommended 3 repairs to the whole car totaling $2k~ but I opted to only fix the exhaust for the time being. I asked for my old parts back since my husband and his work mechanic asked to see it and find what the issue was. When I called to confirm the work, I wasn’t given an estimated pick up time and ended up waiting around until the following afternoon for a callback. When I went to pick up my car, the parts I received were only the gaskets and screws and not the catalytic converter they replaced. I expected all my parts back but I cant really do anything with a set of screws and gaskets. My car is no longer noisy but I probably won’t come back for the other repairs since it seems a bit unorganized there and this is the second time I’ve questioned their honesty after getting my car serviced. The admin in the office was professional and nice enough and the guys who brought my car back were also nice. It’s too bad I don’t feel comfortable being a repeat customer at AZ.

MJ
MARGARET J.
02/03/2019
Communication issue
I can’t speak to my new breaks because I just got my car back, but I did have a communication issue. I made a reservation for 8:00 am a week in advance. Then they claimed they didn’t have my reservation, however they must have because when I dropped my car off at 11pm on Friday night,my car was in the system. Then they called me and was not sure if the quote for the work was accurate, which made me nervous to think my car sat there all day and wasn’t going to get nw brakes. In the end , the quote was accurate and the work was done, but the experience wasn’t great and my car was in the shop until 3:30. I’d recommend with reservation.

MARIA B.
01/20/2019
Not bad
My car repairs ended up getting pushed out one day twice but I understand that complications can arise. When I got my car back, it was exceptionally filthy both on the inside and outside of the car, and all the belongings in my glove compartment were all over the place and many things were completely broken. I was offered a free car detail which I really appreciate. All of the work done to the car was great.

OE
Omokefe E.
Dodge Caliber
11/06/2018 Category: Service
Omokefe said this business took a few days to get back to him about what his vehicle needed, then another day to do the work. He added they do not respond to their customer quickly.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
10/05/2018
Pretty good
Fast service with good communication regarding the work being done. They think because they're busy it's somehow acceptable to be rude to customers, but I deal with it for the convenience.

24/7 pickup (I believe) is great. Unfortunately last time they hid my car, and it took an attendant and I about 40 minutes to find it. It was implied to me that it's not uncommon for the cars to be "misplaced".

VZ
Vladimir Z.
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Vladimir said his main concern when he went to this business was his brakes and they did not check them.

JENNIFER M.
Honda Civic Sdn
07/16/2018
Oil Change took 24 hours
This was my first visit to AZ Auto Center. I called on a Monday to make an appointment for a basic oil change for that Wednesday morning. An oil change for my vehicle usually takes about 30 minutes, and I was told on the phone that my car would absolutely be ready by the end of the same day. I dropped my car off a few minutes after AZ opened on Wednesday morning, and my car was not ready for pickup until Thursday morning after my workday started. It's not the end of the world, but I was not notified that they would be keeping my car overnight and had to rearrange plans at the last minute. No matter how busy you are, an oil change should not take 24+ hours, especially when your customer has made an appointment in advance.

DV
DANIEL V.
06/22/2018
Rude attendant
The attendant on the phone was rude. Did not feel like explaining the work done. No problems with the work done so far.

MARGARET C.
Cambridge, MA
FIAT 500
04/05/2018
Takes too long
Service is too slow and all but one person at front desk have no idea what’s going on.