11/13/2019
Missed communication slow service
I dropped off my car at the appointment time on Saturday morning and the staff told me they’d call me with the diagnosis result before the shop closes at 4. Nobody contacted me, and the store phone didn’t go to voice message system and the website contact us from was malfunctioning. Eventually they told me that they had not been able to replicate the issue and haven’t provided the clear timeline on how long they would like to take to investigate further. Monday evening when I called, the status was the same and I was asked to go test drive with their technician next morning. I agreed and showed up next morning and then was told that they were able to replicate the issue by themselves. Due to this miss communication, I had to reschedule or miss my commitments.

Chevrolet Cruze
08/21/2019
Not as great as the first time...
I've been using A Z since I brought my car to town. My first visit was great and their after hours pickup/payment offering is extremely helpful with my work schedule. My third visit has changed my mind about coming back, though. I had my car in for a second visit where the team changed my oil and upon my third and most recent visit for a check engine issue I received a bill that included a note that my oil was dirty and needed to be changed. They also noted that the car had no oil change sticker. I called to ask about the oil. They stated the oil was dirty, needed to be changed, and that there was no sticker indicating the last oil change. I let them know that they just changed the oil in my car 3 weeks prior. They back peddled a bit, checked their records and made up an excuse for the oil charge. They removed the charge and business was as usual for the fix.
It was a bit too expensive for my liking but I needed the car to go out of town in a few days so I was stuck with using A Z Auto. When I picked up the car, the interior had dirt and oil on the console and steering wheel, and they still* did not add an oil change sticker to the windshield. They also had oily/dirty hand prints all over the hood and I found scratched paint on the back wheel well.

KL
KYE L.
Beacon, NY
Honda Civic Si
03/14/2018
Lack Of Communication for three days.
The front desk persons inability to communicate information, and write down phone numbers correctly had caused us to be stuck in Newton for another day, even though the work to the car had already been completed. Effort wasn’t made to call the secondary number that we provided. Sad nothing was offered to make up for your own mistake. Glad you were able to do the job but you really need to work on communication. Three full days of no communication and us having to call almost every hour for new information.

DV
DANIEL V.
09/20/2017
Incomplete service
I asked them to please fill the tires to specified pressure after my oil change and of course they didn't do it. Thank you for the incomplete service.

JOSE C.
Norwood, MA
04/13/2017
Car brakes
I am once again not happy. I went to do my brakes and now my car shakes when I accelerates when I go 50. I spoke to Palmer in service and he assumed I hit a bump that would cause this. I told him don't assume because I did not hit anything.

I need the manager Billy to give me call.

Palmer states to me that I was the only customer in 3. Years with complaints.

I don't understand why every time I go in yo game x my car I come out with something new wrong.

TG
THERESA G.
Chrysler Sebring
09/27/2016
Disappointed
This was one of the first times iv been disappointed in my service. I said my belts were squeaking and I had just gotten a new alternator and then I was charge around $60 to check them out. Told a spray was used to make them not squeak, my car rolled up louder than ever. I'm now not sure if it is safe to drive or what's going on because they are squeaking but I paid $60 for someone to confirm what I knew. They squeaked. No solution. No work. No improvement. I don't know, I never received a call regarding if they needed to be changed for the squeak, is it dangerous, yada yada. I had a WONDERFUL (insert sarcasm here) trip to pay money to have someone say yup that's what you told us. Solution? None given.
Billy A., Service Manger from A Z Auto Center responded on 10/24/2016

Thank you Theresa for the rating, your feedback is very important in our goal to improve and get better each and everyday. We apologize as there's indeed a mistake in you " Invoice " any diagnose fee have to be discounted out when the customer is having service, please give us a call or stop by the shop so we can refund you. We appreciate the business and hope next time we can offer better customer service Happy motoring!!!

DT
Dylan T.
01/14/2016 Category: Service
Dylan said he had his tires mounted and balanced. They were so out of balance afterwards he had to take them elsewhere and pay $100.

MARC H.
11/04/2015
Charged for the visual inspection that led to the repair work.
I was surprised to have to pay $47 for an undercarriage safety check even though I elected to do a $289 repair as a result of the safety check. I expected the cost of visually inspecting the car to be folded into the charge for the repair work generated from that inspection

EG
Evan G.
Massachusetts
03/03/2015 Category: Service
Evan said he had to call multiple times even though the staff told him they would call him. When he got a hold of someone, they told him his estimate had doubled. He ended up going to another business for service.