KITTY S.
Allston, MA
11/15/2020
Lied and overcharged
I was told my car needed 1000+ dollars in repairs. The only thing actually broken was my alternator, a
Billy A., Service Manger from A Z Auto Center responded on 11/16/2020

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry you did not have a better experience with us at A-Z Auto. We would love to go over the work that was done on your vehicle as well as the recommendations that were sent to you. Thank you for choosing A-Z Auto, and I hope we can resolve any concerns you have.

JOEL C.
Acura TL
11/02/2020
Wasted my time
Dropped off my car Saturday 8 AM one of the representative said it should be done by 1 PM got called back at 430pm
They told me my car won’t be looked at until Sunday or Monday morning
A complete waste of time

JASMIN B.
Volkswagen Tiguan
10/07/2020
Not impressed
Well, not impressed. I got the car in for check-engine light and EPC light. They ran a diagnostic for $112 labor cost. However, then on the report it states - recommend oil change and filter change (well if the oil is low /filter needs changing /add it). Besides, I never received a call or email to let me know the recommendations. Hence, charging $112 in labor/diagnostic test and basically let you know - oh well come back so we can charge you again $112 labor cost is actually ridiculous.

Jeep Compass
09/05/2020
Subpar communication
I had to constantly call and get updates on my vehicle. Everytime I spoke to someone I was given a time frame for when they would call me back and no one ever would. I spoke to someone on one day and they said my car would be done the next. When I called the next day, I found out they were closed.

I wouldn't have minded my car being in the shop for 5+ days if I didn't have to hunt down updates. Q

08/21/2020
I lived without my car for a week
I took my car on one morning around the time the shop opened and the issues I brought in for turned out to be 2 major fixes. They not only failed to communicate the status with me as they had promised but also they forgot to provide the estimate for one of those repairs. I emailed back to the estimate and no replies until I called in on the following day. Due to this missed step and communication, the car was unavailable for more than a week and I had to reschedule everything as I wasn’t informed clear ETA.

Allston, MA
Honda Fit
08/20/2020
Takes too long
I’m not sure why it takes all day to do an oil change/tire rotation. This is the second time I have dropped my car off with an appointment at 8am right when it has opened and the car hasn’t been ready until late in the afternoon. This should be something that can be done in 30-40 min while I wait. This is ridiculous especially when I had an appointment.

Nissan NV
08/16/2020
tire replacement
Tires were replaced as agreed upon. However, TPMS sensors were not reset properly.

LF
LLOYD F.
Toyota Pickup
08/06/2020
Lack of communication.
After leaving A-Z Auto Center after some brake word and structural welding, I took the vehicle to another garage to get an assessment of the suggested further work regarding the braking system. The second garage advised me to not do the work, and not to put any more serious money into the vehicle due to the extreme rust throughout the undercarriage. While the welding job done was competent, (as was the brake work completed), there are apparently many other points of potentially serious rust failure, which could cause a breakdown while traveling. This was not made clear at the initial encounter with A-Z Auto Center. Had that concern been communicated, I likely would not have invested the nearly $2500 in the vehicle. IN addition, the vehicle was in the garages of A-Z Auto center for nearly a month, and I felt that I was not kept apprised of the amount of time needed to reclaim the vehicle. While the individuals with whom I had contact at A-Z Auto center were cordial and solicitous, I didn't feel I was given the information needed to make a sound decision.

07/30/2020
Bad communication
I brought my vehicle in for a wheel alignment in the morning and was told it would take an hour to do. By 5pm I had not received a call from them stating it was done and I knew they closed at 6. I called and was put on hold for a long time and then eventually hung up on, not once, but three times and was finally told they hadn’t started it yet (6 hrs after my appt time). I finally just went to pick it up because I needed to be somewhere and planned to take it elsewhere. As I showed up, they decided to start working on it and I then had to wait the whole time they worked on it and was late to where I needed to be. Very poor customer service here and would 100% recommend that you take your car elsewhere.

07/10/2020
Sent my car here and it was partially fixed
My car went in with a gear cable snapped to be fixed. While the mechanics here did “fix” the issue, ie replacing the gear shift cable, they did not do it correctly. My gear shift console does not match the dashboard, so when I am in supposedly in neutral, the actual gear is in reverse. The gear shift is not aligned and it can get stuck in the middle in no gear. This as well as the fact that the gear shift can now be easily knocked out of place into another gear has me quite upset. I would have given three stars had it been fixed quickly but they took a whole week to do this while giving me false dates of completion. Not only that but I had to call to get updates when they said they would call or text me updates.
Overall pretty dissatisfied with the whole service, will not bring any car there again.

DA
DRU A.
Hyde Park, MA
Honda Civic Cpe
06/19/2020
Terrible Shop, Dont bring your car here
I only have 1 star because I had to to respond. My key was stuck in the cylinder and they wanted $700 just to replace the cylinder, never mind to check was was wrong with my car. They said they couldn't start it or get it out. I called AAA to send it to another shop. The tow truck driver immediately started the car and took the key out with his hand. A to Z charged me $57 just to look at the ignition and tell me they cant get the key out. I asked them why, they said either that or $85 for 1 day storage in their lot. Absolute crooks, DONT BRING YOUR CAR HERE!!

SN
SHANNON N.
05/21/2020
Good service, but some concerns.
I have been here a couple of times and had a pretty good experience. The prices are fair. I did have two concerns when I arrived to pick up my car. My car was parked outside, with the windows entirely opened, with my key in the cup holder, and all of my personal information right inside the car. I was a bit upset that it was not secure at all because I had quite a bit of personal belongings in the car. Also, the cashier made me extremely uncomfortable. He asked me several personal questions, stood extremely close to me while I was pumping gas, and wasn’t wearing a mask. Although I tried to appear disengaged he continued to try to talk to me and eventually was within arms distance of me. This was extremely discomforting especially with everything COVID that’s happening.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
04/14/2020
Routine Maintenance
I brought my car for routine maintenance (oil change and state inspection) on a Tuesday, was told I would get it back the next day, and didn’t get it back until Saturday due to other issues that occurred during the repair/assembly process. After an extra $300 worth of unforeseen work, failed inspection, new indicator light that’s wasn’t on prior to bringing my car in, and over $950 in repairs total, I was asked to return in a couple weeks to reassess my state inspection. I am disappointed it took so long to get my car back, and the fact that there are new issues/lights on in my car that weren’t there prior to dropping it off with A-Z. I felt a little taken advantage of during this pandemic after being quoted thousands of dollars worth of repairs and additional work while my car was in the shop. I appreciate their time and dedicated work during this difficult time in our world. Unfortunately I will not be returning for further maintenance.

PG
PATRICK G.
Attleboro, MA
02/13/2020
Terrible
This place is a waste of time. Took my car for a whole day and got nothing accomplished. I had to uber around, pay for a rental, just to get my car back with the same exact problem if not worst. Payed all that money for nothing.

02/04/2020
Bad service
Tried to overcharge me. Offering parts that cost $130 for more than $200. Also, offering inflated labor figures.