DA
Hyde Park, MA
Honda Civic Cpe
06/19/2020
Terrible Shop, Dont bring your car here
I only have 1 star because I had to to respond. My key was stuck in the cylinder and they wanted $700 just to replace the cylinder, never mind to check was was wrong with my car. They said they couldn't start it or get it out. I called AAA to send it to another shop. The tow truck driver immediately started the car and took the key out with his hand. A to Z charged me $57 just to look at the ignition and tell me they cant get the key out. I asked them why, they said either that or $85 for 1 day storage in their lot. Absolute crooks, DONT BRING YOUR CAR HERE!!

SN
SHANNON N.
Boston, MA
05/21/2020
Good service, but some concerns.
I have been here a couple of times and had a pretty good experience. The prices are fair. I did have two concerns when I arrived to pick up my car. My car was parked outside, with the windows entirely opened, with my key in the cup holder, and all of my personal information right inside the car. I was a bit upset that it was not secure at all because I had quite a bit of personal belongings in the car. Also, the cashier made me extremely uncomfortable. He asked me several personal questions, stood extremely close to me while I was pumping gas, and wasn’t wearing a mask. Although I tried to appear disengaged he continued to try to talk to me and eventually was within arms distance of me. This was extremely discomforting especially with everything COVID that’s happening.

Boston, MA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
04/14/2020
Routine Maintenance
I brought my car for routine maintenance (oil change and state inspection) on a Tuesday, was told I would get it back the next day, and didn’t get it back until Saturday due to other issues that occurred during the repair/assembly process. After an extra $300 worth of unforeseen work, failed inspection, new indicator light that’s wasn’t on prior to bringing my car in, and over $950 in repairs total, I was asked to return in a couple weeks to reassess my state inspection. I am disappointed it took so long to get my car back, and the fact that there are new issues/lights on in my car that weren’t there prior to dropping it off with A-Z. I felt a little taken advantage of during this pandemic after being quoted thousands of dollars worth of repairs and additional work while my car was in the shop. I appreciate their time and dedicated work during this difficult time in our world. Unfortunately I will not be returning for further maintenance.

PG
PATRICK G.
Attleboro, MA
02/13/2020
Terrible
This place is a waste of time. Took my car for a whole day and got nothing accomplished. I had to uber around, pay for a rental, just to get my car back with the same exact problem if not worst. Payed all that money for nothing.

02/04/2020
Bad service
Tried to overcharge me. Offering parts that cost $130 for more than $200. Also, offering inflated labor figures.

TO
TYLER O.
Chevrolet Cobalt
01/07/2020
Courteous staff
A-Z is great. They're always very courteous. We needed a ton of work done of our car, and parts had to be ordered, so they needed to keep our car for several days. They set us up with a rental car at a discount and made all the calls for us so it was one less thing to worry about.

The staff is always very helpful!

HN
HIEU N.
Brookline, MA
MINI Cooper Hardtop
12/10/2019
Light Bulb Replacement
Was charged $51.00 just for a replacement of 1 light bulb on my Mini Cooper. I recently had the other light bulb replaced down the street at Shimon’s gas station on Harvard St. for just $25.00, unfortunately, they were closed when I called at 4:30 pm..

Jamaica Plain, MA
Dodge Durango
12/06/2019
Disappointed
I am very disappointed. Did they even look at my vehicle? They told me that it would be $700+ to repair the heating system. Someone else who was not even a mechanic looked at it and fixed it in 2 seconds. Why couldn't they do that?

11/13/2019
Missed communication slow service
I dropped off my car at the appointment time on Saturday morning and the staff told me they’d call me with the diagnosis result before the shop closes at 4. Nobody contacted me, and the store phone didn’t go to voice message system and the website contact us from was malfunctioning. Eventually they told me that they had not been able to replicate the issue and haven’t provided the clear timeline on how long they would like to take to investigate further. Monday evening when I called, the status was the same and I was asked to go test drive with their technician next morning. I agreed and showed up next morning and then was told that they were able to replicate the issue by themselves. Due to this miss communication, I had to reschedule or miss my commitments.

CL
CONOR L.
Brookline, MA
INFINITI G35 Sedan
11/08/2019
They stole my airpods
These guys legit stole my airpods. Sad!

MK
MOHAMED K.
Hyde Park, MA
09/14/2019
I got the same problem fixed for less cheaper.
Will never take my car there or recommend anybody that I know to go there.

Framingham, MA
Acura 3.2TL
09/14/2019
Not good
The place is trying to make money as possible. Recommend expensive repairs. Did not wanted to get it fixed there. I did not wanted to get it fixed there. The car ball joint came out and they were trying to charge me 1000$ dollars. Need some genuine people who charge you genuinely.

Chevrolet Cruze
08/21/2019
Not as great as the first time...
I've been using A Z since I brought my car to town. My first visit was great and their after hours pickup/payment offering is extremely helpful with my work schedule. My third visit has changed my mind about coming back, though. I had my car in for a second visit where the team changed my oil and upon my third and most recent visit for a check engine issue I received a bill that included a note that my oil was dirty and needed to be changed. They also noted that the car had no oil change sticker. I called to ask about the oil. They stated the oil was dirty, needed to be changed, and that there was no sticker indicating the last oil change. I let them know that they just changed the oil in my car 3 weeks prior. They back peddled a bit, checked their records and made up an excuse for the oil charge. They removed the charge and business was as usual for the fix.
It was a bit too expensive for my liking but I needed the car to go out of town in a few days so I was stuck with using A Z Auto. When I picked up the car, the interior had dirt and oil on the console and steering wheel, and they still* did not add an oil change sticker to the windshield. They also had oily/dirty hand prints all over the hood and I found scratched paint on the back wheel well.

08/08/2019
Customer service is at 0! Rude, treat you like They are doing you a favor. Maybe because I am a woman.
I gave this place quite a few chances, just because it’s close to my home. Besides absolutely no customer service level, they never do the work on time as they say, always at the end of the day, when they are all gone, you can pick up your car and pay your bill at the gas station. I guess they don’t like answering questions or looking you in the eyes after what they’ve done. I’ve had them do rear breaks, when I needed front; they have told me that my car is safe to drive, while it wasn’t (breaks issues); they’ve had me wait for some irrelevant to safety parts over 10 days. Just one thing worse than the other. I am done w them for sure.

LN
LOAN N.
Nissan Sentra
05/16/2019
Not impressed
I brought my car in to repair my exhaust that was making a lot of noise. AZ recommended 3 repairs to the whole car totaling $2k~ but I opted to only fix the exhaust for the time being. I asked for my old parts back since my husband and his work mechanic asked to see it and find what the issue was. When I called to confirm the work, I wasn’t given an estimated pick up time and ended up waiting around until the following afternoon for a callback. When I went to pick up my car, the parts I received were only the gaskets and screws and not the catalytic converter they replaced. I expected all my parts back but I cant really do anything with a set of screws and gaskets. My car is no longer noisy but I probably won’t come back for the other repairs since it seems a bit unorganized there and this is the second time I’ve questioned their honesty after getting my car serviced. The admin in the office was professional and nice enough and the guys who brought my car back were also nice. It’s too bad I don’t feel comfortable being a repeat customer at AZ.