Overall Rating 4.26316/5Overall Rating 4.26316/5Overall Rating 4.26316/5Overall Rating 4.26316/5rating 4.26316
Overall Rating 2.15789/5Overall Rating 2.15789/5rating 2.15789rating 2.15789rating 2.15789

LT
Lisa T.
Lebanon, IL
08/21/2019 Category: Service
Service manager was very polite and understanding to my concerns. Appreciate his time and ability to work through the problems brought up.

08/21/2019 Category: Service
Auffenberg Hyundai
If it weren’t for free oil changes through the reward program, I would never bring my car there.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 08/21/2019

Rachel,
Hi this is Bill thank you for returning my call, I hope we resolved the concerns and I hope we are able to give you better service for your Hyundai. Thank you and please stop and see me for the oil changes

2013 Hyundai Veloster
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Poor Service/communication
If you’d like your vehicle to be serviced incorrectly and for it to take an unreasonable amount of time, look no further, auffenberg Hyundai is perfect for you!
Jessica W. from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 07/02/2019

Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about you recent visit. You mentioned a recall and now your vehicle isn't shifting properly and there is noise. Something we would want to look at for you. Our service manager is out this week and will return next week. I will be sure to pass this information on to him. I have also attached his information below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call via the number below. Have a wonderful week.

Jessica Willmont
Auffenberg Hyundai Service

William Gillespie
Auffenberg Hyundai
618-622-9001 ext 3261

Edwardsville, IL
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Scheduling Issues
Need to improve scheduling availability--2 weeks for urgent recall is unacceptable.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 04/11/2019

Todd,
I am sorry you didn't feel like the urgency was met, We have been handling the recall's as best as we can, We can only take in so many waiters due to shop volume and trying to accommodate others as well more 2 million recalls were sent out nation wide.
All recalls are handled as urgently as possible and we take them in as they call or make appointments. No one customer is more important than the other, And the volume of this recall has over loaded our repair facility. We do our best

2016 Hyundai Veloster
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Worst service department I have ever encountered. Unknowledgable and rude.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 03/19/2019

Lisa,
I am sorry you feel as thou the service experience was not good, We did spend a hour and half looking over the vehicle for a noise, unfortunately it did not make the noise long enough to find where its coming from, due to it raining and intermittent concern.
Trust me we do all we can to help our customer and find these concerns, The factory warranty for Squeaks/Rattles and adjustments are for the first 12 month or 12,000 miles and I believe this is what Josh was trying to advise you on.

2013 Hyundai Genesis Co
03/16/2019 Category: Service
Too much money for nothing
I took my vehicle in for issues I was having with my satellite radio. I thought that it would have been covered by my warranty but it wasn’t. After paying for my service the problem still was not fixed
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 03/18/2019

Patrick,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, I am sorry the issues you are having with the Genesis, Electrical issue can be difficult to repair, We were not able to verify the concern at time of service, We were hoping the loose connection was the cause of the issues, But please feel free to contact us and we will certainly try to help you.

RA
Ronald A.
Centralia, IL
01/09/2019 Category: Service
Verbal diagnostic fee? ...also why charge a "misc fee"?
Was charged a diagnostic fee due to "disassembly and inspection" of described problem, even after the service person telling me what problem was and being a very common problem, this was in our very first conversation when dropping off vehicle for a recall repair at same time. I was also charged a "MISC FEE" that could not be described what "misc" was?
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 01/09/2019

Ronald,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, Please allow me to say I am sorry for the charges on the steering bushing inspection,  Please call me and we can resolve this issue ( my information is below )

GG
Gary G.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
12/10/2018 Category: Service
AWFUL Service and communication!
POOR service.
POOR, Inconsiderate communication!
Can't find the problem, so let's not do ANYTHING, attitude!
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 12/10/2018

Mr.Goldberg,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager here at Auffenberg Hyundai, Iam sorry you feel the service experance was not good.  I handled the inspection of your Genesis, we did hear the squeak ( not un common in cold weather) we lubed the sunroof assy at no charge. The other concern we did everything we could to verify and they did not act up here and I apologies for that.
 You do have a nation wide warranty at any Hyundai Dealer if you wish to have a second opinion.

O Fallon, MO
11/23/2018 Category: Service
Wasted so much time.
An oil change and a radio diagnostic shouldn’t take over 5 hours
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 11/24/2018

Daniel,
My name is Bill and I am there service manger for Auffenberg Hyundai please allow me to say i am sorry for the service you . i will look into this and see what we can do better. The radios on these cars are more complex then ever and we do try to do our best.

Mary G.
Granite City, IL
2007 Hyundai Tucson
10/12/2018 Category: Service
Dissatisfied of service
Everyone too busy to explain service done to car.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 10/12/2018

Mary,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenber Hyundai. I also took care of you when you came in,  Yes we are very busy and I am short staffed, But that doesnt make it right to not explain things.
 I had hoped I answered your question when I called you back. I am sorry for the service experance you recieved and trust me we will do better. Thank you for feed back and if you want to discuss more I am here for you.

Fayetteville, IL
09/08/2018 Category: Service
repairs not made
Could not find my electrical problem with my car since they couldn't get it to act up. The service tech witnessed my issue when I brought my vehicle in. Had my car for 3 days and it isn't fixed. the loaner car fees were waved which I really appreciate. I am going to say yes to would you recommend this business to a friend. Because I feel like this issue can be resolved with you .
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 09/10/2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. My name is Bill and I am the service manager, Please return the vehicle when you have a chance and lets have you and Phil drive the vehicle, Unfortunately it will need to act up for us and the tech, We will do everything we can to help. If you ever have questions please feel free to reach out to us via the number below.

TC
Toni C.
East Saint Louis, IL
2003 Hyundai Sonata
08/28/2018 Category: Service
It hurts my feelings
This really puts a bad taste in my mouth for the Hyundai service department I think they're out to price Guile's you for every penny they can get the service supervisor Mike can contact me about this situation I would like to talk to him my number is 618-979-1087 Toni Conley
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 08/28/2018

My name is Bill and I am the service manager, Please allow me to say I am sorry for the issues, I will look into this matter and I will call you.
 We do value all of our customers and look to provide the best in service.

EC
Edward C.
Highland, IL
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/06/2018 Category: Service
Poor communicatiion skills lack of empaty
I've never felt more humiliated by anyone that greets the public then I did that day. He didn't out right call me a liar but he might as well have with his statement "oh yes you did" along with his scowl. I have had my Santa Fe for two years while I like the car I don't think I can consider buying from your dealership again....
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 06/06/2018

Edward,

My name is Bill and I am the service manager at Auffenberg Hyundai,  I worked with you on the issues with the serp drive belt. Please allow me to say I am very sorry and hopefully we will provide you with a better service experance and treatment. I will be calling you and talk to you.

Swansea, IL
2007 Hyundai Azera
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Ok place, Bad experience
Clean and tidy on the inside, just had a bad experience first time visiting. May be misinformed on certain things depending on who you work with.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 04/18/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very sorry for the way things were handled, My name is Bill I ended up helping and taking care of you. We do value our customers and hope to make sure these things don't happen.  If you ever have questions, feel free to reach to to us via the number below. Have a wonderful week and we look forward to seeing you at your next service visit

TA
Tyler A.
Greenville, IL
2014 Hyundai Elantra
04/15/2018 Category: Service
engines no good, service, no good, worst experience
I'm not exactly sure. Most of the population is pretty clueless about mechanics and what goes in to a car. But when you turn in a vehicle to YOUR DEALERSHIP, you expect trust with them. I can't trust you guys anymore. For instance, the first time we were there, we went in for a wheel alignment, an oil change, and two new tires for the car. This took over 5 hours. I'm not a mechanic and I only know the basics, but I can change oil in a car in a half hour, plus the alignment and two tires put on? That shouldn't take more than two hours. And then to have the very same car for 3 months? Now, it stinks like gas, our radio had been messed with, and it couldn't even make it home after sitting in your shop rotting for three months. I made three car payments on this car and didn't drive it a mile. Now I can't even trust you guys that the engine won't go out in another 4 years. Is that the kind of reputation you want to have with your customers?
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 04/16/2018

Tyler,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very sorry for the concerns you experienced with the service here at Auffenberg, We appreciate your business and value our customers, The parts being on back order from the manufacture was a big delay.  If you ever have questions, feel free to reach to to us via the number below. Have a good week.

David M.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/22/2018 Category: Service
Terrible service tracking!
Phone calls, e-mails, and follow ups reflect some error in your service. I did not receive service on 18 Jan nor did my vehicle.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 01/23/2018

David,
My name is Bill I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, your advisor John will be calling you, We had a old ticket from the last repairs you made he at the dealership and for some reason the computer picked it up and thought you came in for service repairs, Please accept my apologize and I hope you have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.

Middletown, MO
09/13/2017 Category: Service
Poor service
N/A
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 09/20/2017

Mr.Wells
Please allow me to say I am so sorry for the concerns and we are working with Hyundai and the issues with the engine. Please feel free to reach out to me and John.

Lebanon, IL
09/07/2017 Category: Service
Made to feel like an immigrant who need to move on and shop elsewhere.
.WOULDN'T like for others to feel they are of no value. NO RECOMMENDATIONS.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 09/08/2017

Mrs.Winfry
My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai. Please allow me to say I am sorry we couldn't duplicate the concern.
We do value you as a customer and hope to earn you business back. Please feel free to contact me back

2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
07/19/2017 Category: Service
First Poor Experience
I purchased my vehicle from Auffenberg Hyundai in 2013 and have had my vehicle serviced there on several occasions, and each time I had a wonderful experience. However my last visit was so unpleasant that I will be taking my vehicle across the river to Missouri for any future service needed. I am not one to normally leave a bad review, however my spouse, who is a Chrysler technician at a dealership in Missouri, convinced me it was definitely necessary after this experience. The entire process was completely unacceptable.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 07/19/2017

Charles,
Please allow me to say I am sorry for the confusion with the apt time, and the attitude from the employees, I will address this concern with my guys.
 We as a dealership did offer to replace the glass as a goodwill to you because you are a valued customer of Auffenberg Hyundai, The only issue I have is I wished you could have gotten a hold of me and we would address these concerns before a review had to be sent in. I do like the reviews system but i also know things can be fixed and resolved before they get out of hand.
 I was here at the dealership at the time of this concern and I saw what had happened, unfortunately it was a freak accident and I will say in John's defense he didn't slam the door and I can only hope this was a rear mishap and hopefully doesn't happen again.
Please feel free to reach out to me at the numbers below and i will make sure your next visit is much better.

Shiloh, IL
07/05/2017 Category: Service
NOT customer friendly.
Fast service but dealer was unaware of the pricing offered from their own website, thus initially overcharged me $20. They made it right on my return trip but a return trip should not have been needed. When I questioned it, the "Service" Rep just pointed to a pricing sign in his office. Had to talk to the service manager to get it fixed. I can beat the pricing pretty much anywhere. Even with the internet deal, I was able to find equivalent pricing elsewhere.

Service hours are atrocious. No weekends and VERY limited evenings mean I have to schedule off work for even the most routine maintenance.

2010 Hyundai Elantra To
06/26/2017 Category: Service
Unreliable service.
Takes too long for routine maintenance. Was told it would take a hour and a half, but it took 3 hours and only got it back then because I started to complain. The quality of work is adequate, but I don't appreciate having them waste my time.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 06/27/2017

My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, Please allow me to say I am very sorry for the service you experienced here at our dealership.
You filled out survey Anonymous, If you would like to reach out to me please feel free too.
I hope we do a better job taking care of your Hyundai needs in the future.