Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

RO
Robert A. O.
Knoxville, TN
04/05/2014
Not as friendly as in the past
My wife came in for an oil change and tire rotation. Front desk was not attended at first. Person who greeted her was not friendly. After service my wife noticed a lug not cover was missing. Initially they tried to convince her that it must have happened before she brought the car in. Eventually, a replacement cover was provided when one of the staff admitted that the cover could have been broken. Also when she inquired about a AAA discount the front desk person gave her a difficult time about it. We gave always gotten this discount on parfait in the past.
Rob V. from AutoXtend responded on 04/07/2014

Mr. Oconnor,

First thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our poor performance on Friday. Your business and friendship are extremely important to us and I apologize for the way we dropped the ball through the entire process.  We had a shop meeting this morning and your review was read first, discussed and hopefully remedied so that it will not happen again. I will try to call you later this morning to discuss it personally with you.  We appreciate you and your family's confidence in our abilities and we will put forth the best effort to regain that trust.  Thank you again,  Rob Vandergriff

RD
Russ D.
Knoxville, TN
Ford Expedition
04/23/2013
Totally SHOCKED!!!
Rob,

I was shocked to have you call me so soon with concern with what had happened and wanting to refund money to me for the service I had done at your shop. I greatly appreciate this action due to the unusual circumstance of the visit and your personal concern that I well understand you have to your customers.
I thank you for your call, and for any company to go out of their way to ensure their customer is happy like you did is unheard of. You bet I will be returning to have work completed on my familys vehicles. I travel often, and to now know there is someone I can call for help is very nice.

Russ

04/23/2013
I don't know if I will return?
I was somewhat shocked when I was charged $33.75, including a hazard fee of .90 which Im sure was not used on my very short, no work visit.
When taking the car in for AC check. I told them the AC system is not getting 12 VDC power supplied to the AC compressor but the system still seems to be charged up.
After the service tech took the car in and looked over it and plugging the pressure gages on it I was told the compressor was not getting power, but gas pressure was in the system (which I stated when setting up service) and it would be a $79 charge to look further into it.
The car was not in the garage for more than 10 minutes before I was called up and told the this information.
I don't know why I was not told of the higher service fee for trouble shooting before allowing them to work on my car? I was hoping to find a car repair business close to my house that was respectable to use. I didn't find it here, not yet anyhow.
I can still see the look on the lady's face, like she didn't want to tell me, when she told me what I owed for what work was actually done.
The staff does seem very friendly and I'm sure competent in the work they do based on reviews read, but I must have came in on the wrong day?
Question to Autoxtend: why was my car brought in to your shop for a ($29.99 + .90 + tax) $33.75 OTD service when it was stated the AC system was not getting the required DC voltage up front before serviced, and trouble shooting was at a different rate? This simple communication could have saved us time, understanding and future business together.
I currently feel I got ripped off $33.75!!!
This was a small amount of money for what you possibly could have received in the future.
If you feel you would like to discuss this event with me anytime, please let me know.
Russ D
romeodz@yahoo.com
Rob V. from AutoXtend responded on 04/24/2013
Russ, Without a doubt we missed the mark completely on handling your a/c problem diagnosis. I will try to reach you by phone today to offer a refund for the charge and apologize for what was a complete communication failure on our behalf. I am very sorry for our poor handling of your issue and more importantly not meeting expectations. We will repair the communication issue today. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Rob Vandergriff