TP
Tyrone P.
Tempe, AZ
05/08/2020
Rip off
They charge me 250 to put freon in my suv. They said it would last 1 yr. Two days later the freon gone. My small leak got big in two days. So im out 250 dollars. We are sorry. Dont trust them.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 06/24/2020

Hi Tyrone,

I am sorry that you had the experience you had. I remember your vehicle well. You had if I remember corectly 250k miles. We did find small leaks at the compressor shaft seal and a hose. The leak was small enough that we believed it would last a while. you returned 2 days later and let us know that it started blowing hot late that day. We checked it and found that the compressor shaft seal leak had gotten bigger and would not hold refrigerant to even get it around the building. We also offered to credit the evac and charge that you had gotten and would need to get with a compressor replacement to installing the new compressor. Unfortunatly your compressor developed a large leak after the evac and charge and we are very good but things happen to cars that we can not predict. We are always willing to work with you to keep youu comfortable in the hot months. Thank You for your opinion

John

TP
Tyrone P.
Tempe, AZ
05/08/2020
Rip off
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 05/22/2020

When we filled your car with refrigerant and leak tested, there were small leaks in the compressor and evaporator case area.  Due to the cost of the repair, which would exceed the vehicle value we chose to try the recharge which lasted a couple of days.  Upon your return, we found the compressor had blown up after 190k miles and 22 years later.  We inform our customers when we recharge their cars that we do not know how long this might last.  Unfortunately yours did not last, and we did not intentionally fill your car knowing it would not last.  We also offered to credit back the evac and charge toward the repair cost.

Robert M.
Casa Grande, AZ
01/01/2020
NEVER AGAIN!
Without excessive detail, I had a serious problem, in addition to another problem, when had car taken(by AAA tow) to AZ Air. Pre-existing issue forces me to keep single ignition key in key slot. Special request (as always when car serviced) both spoken and submitted written request IN RED INK. When picking up car, began to wonder why waiting so long. Went to where my car parked to discover owner's son and another mechanic attempting to enter after locking my car with key in ignition along with extra key. Very unsatisfied; and so unnecessary if people read and if they care about quality service.
After this negative development, drove my car home via I-10. The front end bumper filler weights had collapsed on left front tire b4 on freeway. Was doing 80 mph. when thunderous sound and front steering impacted by collapse onto tire in motion. Thought I had a blowout. So this was a key reason to take to AZ Air for correction. Well, on my way home via I-10 same thing happened. The attitude I got when calling to inform them prompts me to state sincerely; NEVER AGAIN for me or any vehicle I control. Robert McKinney 858-335-7516.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 01/15/2020

It was our mistake to lock the key in the car.  As we were trying to open this customer's 2001 Dodge Neon he became very agitated and unruly to my technicians.  As it stands now, my technicians will not work on any of this customer's vehicles.

Cedric B.
Gilbert, AZ
06/23/2018 Category: Service
Cedric said that he spent over a $100 and the issue went away for a few days. The problem is now back.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 06/28/2018

Hi Cedric, we are sorry to hear you are upset with the evaporator coil cleaning we did on your vehicle to try and help with the bad smell. I explain to all of my customers before performing this service that we have a 50/50 chance of the coil cleaning removing the bad smell from the A/C vents. The alternative to the coil cleaning is removing and replacing the evaporator coil in the HVAC box. The estimate we printed and gave you for the evaporator coil replacement was $1539.37. Like yourself, most of my customers opt to try 1 or 2 cleanings before spending over a thousand dollars to rid of the smell entirely. As, I explained to you when you were here, this $100 service can be credited towards the cost of the evaporator replacement. Call me if you have any questions, Steve.

Dave G.
Lexus GS 300
10/18/2016 Category: Service
Dave said he brought his vehicle in to be serviced. He was promised his service would be done but when he picked up his vehicle, it was not completed. He was charged a high price. The first time he went there, he was treated well. He stated now he feels disappointed because he was lied to the second time.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 10/19/2016

Dave,
 I am sorry that you feel that you were not treated fairly. We informed you that your compressor was bad. We had given you a quote to replace the compressor. You had asked us to replace the compressor with a compressor that you supplied to us. You had returned to us with 2 different compressors that were wrong. You then asked us to flush the system and to reinstall your original compressor and when you found the right compressor you would install it and return to have the evac and charge done. We charged you for flushing the system and removing the compressor one time. We had removed and reinstalled your compressors 3 times and only charged you once. You were given the quote for replacing the compressor in the very beginning and that price did not change. I am sorry that you feel lied to but I feel that we went above and beyond by keeping your car occupying a workspace for a week and not charging to remove and replace your parts that were wrong.

Az Auto Air family

NW
NICK W.
Phoenix, AZ
Mitsubishi Lancer
04/17/2015
Thanks for telling me what's wrong
Ok. So my AC wasn't working, so I took it to get evaluated. They told me it was my discharge hose that was leaking, which was true. They were gonna charge me $350 to replace the hose. I went to eBay, bought the part for $40 then chaged it EASILY in 15 min. So you're telling me you was charging me $300+ in labor for something that's simple to change myself? Now my AC is working fine
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 04/18/2015

Nick,
 I understand your confusion. The quote that was given was too remove and replace the discharge hose, evac and charge the a/c system, freon, oil and dye. I am very glad that you were able to repair your vehicle on your own and save the labor to have us install it. I would like to mention that the quote we gave you was for an a/c hose at $55.00, the rest was the cost of labor to install the hose, the evac and charge and the freon,oil, dye and taxes that uncle sam takes. We are an ASE certified shop that warranties our work, we can not compete to a backyard mechanic doing there own work. If our hose were to develop a leak, we would warranty the hose, freon and labor to repair that. I can guarantee you that you can call around to local shops and they will be in the same price range that we are to repair this vehicle. I am glad that we could diagnose the vehicle for you and point you in the right direction to repair your own vehicle. If you are in need of any other assistance in finding the problems in your vehicle, feel free to call us at anytime

DT
DAVE T.
09/29/2014
Misdiagnosis and wanted to sell other parts. . .hmm. . .
Went here on a recommendation. I try out new shops from time to time but usually go back to my regular shop either because of incompetence, misdiagnosis, or flat out dishonesty. Problem was noise coming from engine-sounded like bearings or a pulley going out-compressor, generator, tensioner, etc. They replaced the harmonic balancer and it made Zero difference and the bearing/issue is not resolved in the least bit. Also, they told me the battery was bad, then, later, told me the alternator was bad and not charging properly. I have no charging issues and never did. Did not let them sell me more parts as my trust level was tested. Then, when what they did replace turned out to NOT be the issue, my hopes for adding this shop ended. Disappointed. Wrong diagnosis and efforts to sell me other things not wrong. Exactly what I DON'T want in a shop. Now, the question to ask oneself is would they feel a sense of trust with a shop like this? Yes, maybe they did simply make a mistaken diagnosis. They made the process of locating the sound easy and that they could find it. I may give them another shot in the future as sometimes it was just a simple mis-diag or the apprentice mech was on duty. . . we'll see. . .
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 10/10/2014

Dave, I just wanted to reply to your comments that you had left on the Sure Critic.  On October 1, 2014, you brought your 2003 Chrysler Town & Country in for a noise under the hood.  Upon inspection of the vehicle, the technician noted that the harmonic balancer had over an inch of lateral movement in the pulley.  This can cause tension on the other pulleys in the system, not to mention the pulley can come off an destroy other components, as well as disabling the vehicle.  After completion of the replacement of the harmonic balancer, we then informed you of the alternator not charging properly as it would charge intermitenly according to diagnositcs.  At which time you denied repairs for the alternator.  I do believe there could have been a communication error in which we possibly did not inform you that the harmonic balancer my not fix the noise.  Upon inspection of the vehicle to repair the noise, we saw an obvious problem and repaired that problem, which did not take of the noise.  Our first priority is to ensure the vehicle is in proper working order to fix further problems that may be caused by the obvious parts that are defective.  Upon replacement of the alternator after returning several days later, I hope all is well and the noise has been repaired.  We want to thank you for your patronage and appreciate you giving us a second opportunity.

MA
MONICA A.
06/25/2014
didn't diagnose problem correctly and charge me twice as much as village electric. they diagnosed it correctly before they tried to fix it. works great now
didn't diagnosed problem correctly
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 07/01/2014

We understand your frustration with the vehicle, however we want to make clear the diagnosis we left you with. After our half-hour initial, $45 inspection, we advised you there were problems in the dash that needed more time to diagnose. At that time, we were not aware what was wrong with the vehicle as we had not began to tear into the dash and find the underlying issue. This takes a reasonable amount of time and we do charge our customers accordingly. I hope you understand our need to take our time with the vehicle, and not offer quick fixes that may or may not take care of your A/C problems down the road. I am happy Village was able to resolve your issues as they are one of the best electrical shops in town. Best of luck to you in the future and I hope this helps you understand why we charge for the time we spend on the vehicle.

EC
Edgar C.
Redlands, CA
01/16/2014 Category: Service
Edgar said he paid for a water pump that he did not need. He would not recommend this business to others because they did not refund him his money for the water pump.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 02/05/2014

The customer came to our shop with an engine overheating problem.  We pressure tested the cooling system and found a coolant leak in the water pump area.  We gave the customer a call and gave an estimate for a water pump replacement.  After getting approval, we replaced the water pump.  Upon removal and inspection of the pump, you could see traces of coolant leakage.  After replacing the water pump, we still had coolant leak in the same area, pressure tested system again and saw coolant coming out of engine block by water pump.  We then contacted customer and let him know that water pump did not fix all leaks but was still evident that water pump had been leaking.  After researching this problem, we found that dealer extended warranty on block issue and would fix block under warranty.  At this time, we took car to dealer and had vehicle repaired at no charge to customer.

All this time, we had loaned this customer our shop vehicle to drive while his vehicle was getting repaired.  Not to mention, met him at 8:00 PM in evening to give him a car to borrow.  When I took this customer to pick his car up at dealer, he shook my hand and said thank you for everything.  One week later, I see this bad review.  WOW!  Good luck in the future finding reputable shop that goes above and beyond.

Also, according to 90% of forums online, they do the exact procedure.

DAVID C.
Maricopa, AZ
Honda Accord
09/02/2013
service
dash is still not assembled properly after 3rd time returning. screws are missing and dash can be pulled out. fuse box cover not put back and was left on floor board.

DAVID C.
Maricopa, AZ
Honda Accord
08/27/2013
Poor Service
Dash was not put back to gether correctly after returning it for the 3rd time. I had to keep calling for staus on my car weekly.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 08/29/2013

David,

I completely understand your frustration with your vehicle, but I need to respectfully clarify the details of the repair we performed.
You Stated: "Dash was not put back to gether correctly after returning it for the 3rd time."
1. When you first brought it in for us to look at, it was apparent the dash had been removed previously. You voiced your frustrations with the 91 Accord and let us know that the vehicle had been in 3 other shops for months at a time before you brought it here and no one was able to solve your electrical issues. I understand they quoted you an amount you were not happy with and advised you that I would be able possibly save you some money but that it would take some time. Essentially the repair we had to perform on your vehicle was re-doing work others had done poorly.
You stated: "I had to keep calling for staus on my car weekly."
2. I did inform you when you dropped it off that it would be considered a project job and we would need time on it. We had your vehicle for 5 weeks, two of which were spent waiting for you to bring in your own part. We offered you new parts, which would have been much easier to locate, but you declined. As I am sure you found, locating used computer parts for a 1991 Honda Accord is not an easy task. During the weeks we had your vehicle I had to wait on you to furnish your own part for two weeks and still returned it to you in the time we originally discussed.
I fixed the air conditioning in your vehicle for $200 less than I originally quoted you and stored your car here for you while you tried to find the necessary parts to fix it. I feel that I went above and beyond saving you as much money as I could, repaired the vehicle in the same timeframe I quoted you, saved you well over half than what you were quoted at other shops and the air conditioning is now blowing ice cold.
We respect your view and thank you for your submission.

CR
CHAD R.
Chevrolet Blazer
04/22/2013
DON'T GET RIPPED OFF!!!!!!
DON'T TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!! Sure your car or truck will run ok for a couple hundred miles, but then when you start having problems with the work done they will say they are not responsable. Absolutely the worst experience EVER!!!!!!! $3250.00 of my hard earned money I gave them & I still have a vehicle that doesn't run. AZ AUTO AIR SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 04/24/2013
Firstly, you picked your vehicle up today from my shop running. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the engine or the steering box we put in your 1994 Chevy, which were the only repairs we performed. After it left my shop, you returned nearly a month later with a leaking radiator. At which point, you began to harass my employees, while your husband threatened them and customers walking in my shop with "a punch in the face," dropping one F-Bomb after another until you were asked to leave my shop for your unruly behavior which was witnessed by several long-time customers and their families with young children. Each of these people were also appalled by your completely unprofessional, adolescent, derogatory, obscene, rude behavior and we have come to the conclusion that you, as an individual, are not welcome in our establishment. It didn't end there, after I offered to fix your radiator for only $300, you attacked my family member's personal Facebook pages calling them "African Wilderbeasts" and suggesting we "spear the fat wales." I seldom refuse to allow customers in my shop, but your aggressively wretched and trashy actions leave me no other choice.

CF
CHERYL F.
Nissan Sentra
02/04/2013
I'm disappointed that my "check engine" dashboard light is still on, I came in on Saturday but learned that no one will be there til Wednesday and I can't come in that day

JE
JOHN E.
Dodge Ram Wagon
05/19/2012
oversold expectaions
just like any shop,you want the work,you led me to believe that 134a was the best and that I would be happy with it. Reality is I'm not happy,it is not even 1/2 as cold as my previous air. Now,enough bitching,what is my soultion,now is the time for you to show me what kind of business you are! 4802209745
Steve O. from Az Auto Air, Inc. - Family Owned & Operated responded on 05/23/2012
We would like to solve this problem. Please bring your vehicle into the shop so we may rectify this. Bring it in any time Monday - Friday from 8-5 or Saturday 9-3 and we will get you right in.