Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Jennifer M.
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Jennifer said the service she paid for still isn't done. The staff didn't tell her that her outer control arm is bent and they didn't fix it, so she paid for nothing. If she would have known it still wasn't fixed, she would have had them do it then. She also paid for an alignment which didn't get done, so she will be bringing her vehicle back into the facility to get that fixed as well.

HB
Heather B.
09/28/2015
RIP OFF
I spent over 4 grand in this place!! Spent arount 1900 thought they did good work went back soent another 800 on what i thought would be all new parts after all work was finished papers stated refurbished parts....thats not all but was charged 3 times over for a new part!! Then as a run down was told somethings needed to be replaced due to original equipment when i had receipts for parts and labor!! :( it gets better my car was broken into while there!!! LADIES BEWARE THEY ARE ALL CROOKS!!!DESERVES NO STARS!!!!
Roger N. from Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair responded on 10/10/2015

I recieve very few poor reviews, and this review in particular puzzles me, especially due to the time frame. I have a genuine concern that my customers are taken care of and they are pleased and understand any questions or concerns they may have at estimate or point of sale. I myself handled the original order (11/26/13) vehicle was at a competitors shop for 2 wks and was towed to our facility for a second opinion and to get repairs done promptly. We repaired the vehicle without replacement of the cylinder head (customer was informed that valves were compromised during timing belt failure). It is common that this does occur but didnt in this case . I handled the point of sale and calls with the customer and she had expressed that she was pleased with our work and car ran great. As for the "break in" we discussed that this issue must have happened at the previous shop because the vehicle had been inside until repairs were completed, and she agreed. We parted on great terms.
  Second visit (02/04/15) went well also I had thought, I was questioned on the starter installed was it new, I stated it was Remanufactured, complete new mechanical and electrical  internals along with new solenoid and nosecone carrying 2 year labor warranty and lifetime warranty on the part. Only new starter  available was through dealer at a higher cost and 1 year warranty, It was a win win.
     I am sorry you feel the way you do, seriously, there are no winners in a situation like this and to inflate the numbers to make things look worse doesnt resolve anything for either party. I make a serious endeavor to provide excellent customer service and will continue to do so. If you do ever decide to allow us the privaledge to maintain your vehicle in the future we would welcome the opportunity.

RF
Roger F.
Cadillac Seville
07/16/2015 Category: Service
Roger said this business charges high prices for a little work. He said he will not return or recommend them for this reason.
Roger N. from Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair responded on 07/22/2015

I'm sorry that you feel the cost of service performed was excessive, but as we discussed proir to extraction of any spark plugs due to the rust and deterioration condition we did the best job we could as to not to cause any added expense. In my opinion the job my technician performed was done in a VERY fair amount of time for the access allowed. He also went above and beyond to make a couple adjustment to make vehicle run better (fuel injector unplugged for example). Once again I feel bad that you feel this way but I would believe that you would have paid more for less professional service and tooling some where else.

Sincerely,
Roger N.
Owner

Michael S.
Lincoln Mark LT
02/04/2015 Category: Service
Michael said the prices at this business were not good. Their judgment on what the vehicle needed was poor. He has been working on vehicles since he was a boy and knows more about vehicles than they do. He had a very bad experience. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.

JOHN T.
Saginaw Charter Township, MI
Oldsmobile Silhouette
04/08/2013
All I Wanted Was New Fuse. . .
I recently visited Bottom Line Auto to have a fuse replaced in my '03 Olds Silhouette with 150,000+ miles on it. Instead of simply replacing the fuse, which should have cost $10.00, I was charged over $100.00 and given a long explanation regarding what caused the fuse to blow. I never asked them to determine what caused the damn fuse to blow, nor did I care. So instead of charging me $10 or $15.00 and getting the van back with new fuse in place, I end up out over $100.00 with the new fuse in place. Why would I ever go back there?
Roger N. from Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair responded on 04/10/2013
Im sorry that you were not satified with your service performed. I had the understanding when we discussed the condition of the wiring at at the trailer harness ( shorted and melting) that the harness needed to be removed to 1, allow the tail lamps to operate and 2, prevent any other expense because of the wire burn. Just reinstaling a fuse would not have fixed this problem John..to replace the fuse would have immeditately failed ( tested with circuit breaker by technician) I only repaired what was nessasary to get your tail lamps and IPC panel operating. Once again I am sorry if there was any miscommunication on my part. It is my most important endeavor in my business to make sure my customers are satified and understand the reason for their repairs. Thanks for the opportunity to work on your vehicle I consider it a privaledge .

Christopher W.
09/15/2011 Category: Service
Christopher said this business lied to him about replacements needed on his vehicle because they were trying to get more money out of him. They said he needed new back tires, a gasket hose, new brakes and new struts. He went to Tuffy's for a second estimate and they said he did not need any of those parts for his vehicle.

Maria L.
09/13/2011 Category: Service
Maria said she had to take her vehicle back to the business multiple different times and the issues are still not resolved. She had an acceleration issue that was supposed to be taken care of, but it isn't. It still goes in and out and it uses up a lot of gas. They were also supposed to fix her air conditioner. It only blows out cold air on the defrost vents, but not on the face or feet vents. She doesn't plan on contacting the business regarding this issue, because she doesn't want them to touch her vehicle anymore. She wouldn't recommend this business for service, for the same reasons mentioned.

Matt L.
04/12/2016
Too much and not fixed
First off i dont know the time of service but it was over a year ago.

My truck was leaking oil. Never noticed a puddle on the ground but did notice it had oil on the block and I was going through it rather quickly with no smoking. They told me it was leaking from anywhere the oil was touching a gasket. So they replaced everything and all was supposed to be good. Well I didn't drive my truck very much due to having another vehicle and motorcycle, and work was really close. So I didn't get to driving my truck much. Over a year later (I had been driving it more) I notice the block is oily and my oil consumption is back up (not as bad as it was but still bad) and to make matters worse two of my skid plate bolts won't come off, like they're stripped. I paid a labor rate of $100/hour for this too which is too much to begin with but I had heard good things about them which is why I went in the first place. I had used their service once before and I thought they were OK but after this I won't be. I gave it two stars instead of one because the staff is nice. There's no use overpaying for service that is bad. It's like going to a barber and getting a bad hair cut. You could have butchered your own hair but at least it would have been free.

Martin B.
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Martin said this business provides good service. They did not perform the alignment which needed to be done.

Juan C.
Bay City, MI
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
12/23/2014 Category: Service
Juan said this business took three weeks to repair his vehicle and they did not give him a reason as to why it took so long.

NM
Nathan M.
Buick Regal
01/11/2013 Category: Service
Nathan said what he needed done was overpriced. He said he took his vehicle somewhere else to be repaired.

TW
Thomas W.
11/12/2012 Category: Service
Thomas said there was a wiring problem and they did everything that they were supposed to do. The taillight was not working right, but they let him know what the problem was. He said they did not fix the problem, but they did not charge him for the entire hour that they worked. He is looking forward to getting the problem resolved.

Karen S.
Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Karen said the business took a long time without an explanation.

Jasmin R.
Lincoln MKZ
01/10/2017 Category: Service
Jasmin said it took awhile to get her oil changed and she was not given a reason for the delay. Also, the price was expensive.

Larry M.
Freeland, MI
Chevrolet Silverado
08/07/2015 Category: Service
Larry said they charged him a $5 miscellaneous charge which he didn't appreciate.