New Castle, DE
2010 Hyundai Elantra
08/19/2020 Category: Service
Break Lights
I recently went in to get my brake lights fixed. I worked with Cecil, who was extremely nice and helpful. I waited for about 10 minutes before they got my car, which was impressive. He let me know immediately what the problem was and told me exactly how much it would be. He said the whole process would take about an hour, but the car was done in less than an hour. My lights are working fine and I felt very confident leaving the dealership, knowing that they fixed the problem.

08/19/2020 Category: Service
Didn’t fix what I asked for
When I called to schedule the appointment, I asked if there was a recall on brake lights not working. The woman I spoke with said that there was a recall and it was an electrical issue and that I could bring it in. I brought my car in to get fixed but the lights were still not working. Unfortunately I didn’t notice until I got home and my sister told me. Hyundai had already closed so I had to call Monday morning. When I called I found out that they did not even fix the recall that I complained about but instead fixed something else that had nothing to do with the brake lights. I wasted almost a whole Saturday afternoon sitting in there thinking that they were fixing what I called about. Now I have to go back on another Saturday and sit there again. Obviously if this wasn’t a recall I would be going somewhere else.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/20/2020

Thank You for taking the time to speak with me about your recent service visit! Please rest assured that we will do our best to take care of the issue you are having with your brake lights when you come in this Saturday.

JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/24/2020

Thank You for speaking with me about the issue with your vehicle and for giving us an opportunity to correct the issue. I trust that your visit on Saturday went well and the issue with your vehicle is now fixed!

Smyrna, DE
03/09/2020 Category: Service
Subpar Service Department
Communication with your customers is paramount! I left my car with the service dept for 2 days but they did not update me until they called to tell me to pick up my car. I'd also like to bring to your attention, that the rental car I was given was absolutely disgusting! There was a STRONG smell of cigarette smoke inside the vehicle. I am a non-smoker & that smell was overwhelming! I even tried to air out the car by riding with all the windows down. Even that did not help! The carpets had dirt all over them as if someone got inside with muddy boots on! There were stains on the back seat as well. The woman who did the rental "inspection" with me, even said, "Oh wow, looks like we need to do a deep clean on this car!" She's right! But the sad part is, that the team thought it was acceptable to let a customer drive off the lot in such a filthy car!
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 03/12/2020

Thank You for taking the time to give feedback on your recent service experience. I cannot apologize enough for condition of the rental- I have spoken to staff to ensure that this does not happen again. I have spoken to your advisor about keeping customers updated- even when we don't have any further information. I have tried to call you, however I have not been able to leave a message. Please call me if you get a moment. 302-323-1100. Thank You!

MF
Michael F.
06/24/2019
Oil Change
I decided to bring my car to the dealer for my 1st oil change since I just bought the car in April. Made a appointment for 11:30 .I arrived at 11:20 told the rep I had a slow leak in my front tire he told me it would be $40 to fixed Okay forget that. It was going to be $49.99 for the Oil Change that's high even for a dealer. Then the rep told me One and a half to two hours . I asked why the long wait we are a full service . He was very understanding of my frustration,but had plans for that day so i took my car and left. I guess if you just getting a oil change its not worth their time I can't give a rating since they didn't do anything
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/25/2019

I am confused by your 2 Star rating. We were very busy for the day and wanted to be up front with you about the time it may have taken to complete your vehicle service properly. I can see a 2 Star rating if we had told you it was going to take 45 min and we still had you in the shop after an hour and a half.

I can assure you that we value all of our customers, we build trust by being up front about service expectations. We would be happy to reschedule to prove that. Please give us a call.

AH
Ashley H.
06/24/2019 Category: Service
The services done went above and beyond to fix the noises my car was making. They called to check in on my car days later and made sure I was satisfied.

06/24/2019 Category: Service
Communication
This is the second time in two weeks I was told my car would be ready by the time I was off work at 7 PM after dropping it off at 7:30 AM and when I arrived each time the cashier was unable to locate my keys because my paperwork was not complete even though the services were done.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/27/2019

First and foremost I want to apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I have addressed the issue with my staff and can assure you they are well aware of the consequences if this occurs again. Thank you so much for taking my call, I am glad to hear that the issue with your car has been resolved!! We look forward to seeing you for your next service.

Richard C.
04/23/2019 Category: Service
No a/c
Charged me to diagnose a problem. They could not find the problem
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/25/2019

I would love to speak with you about your recent service visit.. I left a voicemail on the number we have on file, Please give me a call when you get a moment- 302-323-1100, I want to ba able to find a solution to the problem with your A/C, If it has warmed after the recharge then there should be dye showing us where the leak is and we can address the issue.

JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/30/2019

Thanks for stopping by today!! Please let me know if your system warms at all and we would be happy to check it!!

Jeff T

OT
Olivia T.
03/25/2019 Category: Service
friendly and curteous
customers interest comes first
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 03/26/2019

I would like to speak with you about your recent service visit, We do strive to provide good quality service and based on your score and comment that the work was not completed to your satisfaction I would like to know what we could have done to improve your rating.

Thank You.

PC
Paula C.
Claymont, DE
02/09/2019
Labor over charge is a systemic problem
I came in to have a reflector light replaced. I was told it would be a 30 minute labor charge. I watched and timed to work being done (and not done) on my car. The mechanic was on the phone for more than 10 minutes, completed the work on my care in almost 12 minutes and then went to the managers office for another 7 minutes for conversation before my car was taken out of the garage. When I questioned this I was informed he was not just working on my car, he was working on another car at the same time, which was why he was on the phone. Why was I charged labor during the time he was in the phone about another car? I would say this is a systemic issue of over charging on both myself and the other car owner. They did give me a $20 discount but this doesn’t seem to fix the overall and ongoing issue.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 02/14/2019

Thank You for bringing this issue to our attention, We have attempted to call several times but have not been able to speak with you. I would like to speak with you further about this issue. Please give me a call at 302-323-1100.

12/04/2018 Category: Service
Sad just sad
Diagnostic team needs to be stronger when it comes to figuring out problems.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 12/05/2018

I left a voice-mail for you a little earlier, Please give me a call so we can set up a time to look further into the issue you are having. We truly want to get to the bottom of the problem, It may take a longer time then what we had it for the other day. I can be reached at 302-323-1100

Clayton, DE
11/03/2018 Category: Service
Service Improvement
Service center staff can improve on how they assist customers. They should not assume that all customers have previously owned a vehicle and know Hyundai's service center protocols. Otherwise, other staff are great and company has quality vehicles.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 11/05/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, We do strive to provide every customer with 5 Star service, I believe that we had some confusion in our communication over what was going on with your leaking tire-and for that I apologize.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Wow
Donna was the coordinator of my car services. She has always been professional and knowledgeable. Donna communicates well with me. All of your service employees should get some education from Donna’s manner in handling her clirnts

09/14/2018 Category: Service
W0W
The bill for the work was too expensive.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 09/14/2018

Thanks for taking the time to speak with us about your experience, We look forward to seeing you for your next service.

Newark, DE
09/04/2018 Category: Service
All day Serviced
It took all day for a basic check up and oil change. I never had to wait like that before. I dropped off at 7:30 and literally picked up at 5:30.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 09/06/2018

I would love to speak with you about your most recent service visit- we usually do a much better job in meeting expectations in service.

Adam S.
04/16/2018 Category: Service
They have a problem with being honest
They need to stop trying to deceive their customers that have warranties. They have tried on me 3 times, and have failed. I do feel badly for folks that do not know as much as myself, and get fooled.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/16/2018

I have attempted to reach out to you via phone. I would like to discuss your recent service visit with you. Please give me a call.

Hertrich of New Castle

2015 Hyundai Genesis
01/19/2018 Category: Service
Service Timing Improvements Needed
Service timing/estimates must improve, as previously described. Also, light bulb replacements should be covered under warranty, especially on your luxury models
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/22/2018

I have reached out by phone in hopes to speak with you about your last service visit. Please feel free to contact me here at the store.

2007 Hyundai Sonata
01/09/2018 Category: Service
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/10/2018

It was a pleasure speaking with you and please don't hesitate to call me personally with any questions or concerns.

New Castle, DE
2009 Hyundai Sonata
01/02/2018 Category: Service
Took way too long for a basic service while i waited....made an appt days before
Not happy with service overall......service writer was very professional and apologized for the wait time, but i would prefer to go elsewhere.
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/03/2018

I have reached out by phone to discuss your service visit. Please feel free to contact me here at the store.