4.6

Overall Rating 4.5892848/5Overall Rating 4.5892848/5Overall Rating 4.5892848/5Overall Rating 4.5892848/5rating 4.5892848
Overall Rating 2.2321421/5Overall Rating 2.2321421/5rating 2.2321421rating 2.2321421rating 2.2321421

MF
Michael F.
06/24/2019
Oil Change
I decided to bring my car to the dealer for my 1st oil change since I just bought the car in April. Made a appointment for 11:30 .I arrived at 11:20 told the rep I had a slow leak in my front tire he told me it would be $40 to fixed Okay forget that. It was going to be $49.99 for the Oil Change that's high even for a dealer. Then the rep told me One and a half to two hours . I asked why the long wait we are a full service . He was very understanding of my frustration,but had plans for that day so i took my car and left. I guess if you just getting a oil change its not worth their time I can't give a rating since they didn't do anything
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/25/2019

I am confused by your 2 Star rating. We were very busy for the day and wanted to be up front with you about the time it may have taken to complete your vehicle service properly. I can see a 2 Star rating if we had told you it was going to take 45 min and we still had you in the shop after an hour and a half.

I can assure you that we value all of our customers, we build trust by being up front about service expectations. We would be happy to reschedule to prove that. Please give us a call.

AH
Ashley H.
06/24/2019 Category: Service
The services done went above and beyond to fix the noises my car was making. They called to check in on my car days later and made sure I was satisfied.

06/24/2019 Category: Service
Communication
This is the second time in two weeks I was told my car would be ready by the time I was off work at 7 PM after dropping it off at 7:30 AM and when I arrived each time the cashier was unable to locate my keys because my paperwork was not complete even though the services were done.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/27/2019

First and foremost I want to apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I have addressed the issue with my staff and can assure you they are well aware of the consequences if this occurs again. Thank you so much for taking my call, I am glad to hear that the issue with your car has been resolved!! We look forward to seeing you for your next service.

Richard C.
04/23/2019 Category: Service
No a/c
Charged me to diagnose a problem. They could not find the problem
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/25/2019

I would love to speak with you about your recent service visit.. I left a voicemail on the number we have on file, Please give me a call when you get a moment- 302-323-1100, I want to ba able to find a solution to the problem with your A/C, If it has warmed after the recharge then there should be dye showing us where the leak is and we can address the issue.

JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/30/2019

Thanks for stopping by today!! Please let me know if your system warms at all and we would be happy to check it!!

Jeff T

OT
Olivia T.
03/25/2019 Category: Service
friendly and curteous
customers interest comes first
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 03/26/2019

I would like to speak with you about your recent service visit, We do strive to provide good quality service and based on your score and comment that the work was not completed to your satisfaction I would like to know what we could have done to improve your rating.

Thank You.

PC
Paula C.
Claymont, DE
02/09/2019
Labor over charge is a systemic problem
I came in to have a reflector light replaced. I was told it would be a 30 minute labor charge. I watched and timed to work being done (and not done) on my car. The mechanic was on the phone for more than 10 minutes, completed the work on my care in almost 12 minutes and then went to the managers office for another 7 minutes for conversation before my car was taken out of the garage. When I questioned this I was informed he was not just working on my car, he was working on another car at the same time, which was why he was on the phone. Why was I charged labor during the time he was in the phone about another car? I would say this is a systemic issue of over charging on both myself and the other car owner. They did give me a $20 discount but this doesn’t seem to fix the overall and ongoing issue.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 02/14/2019

Thank You for bringing this issue to our attention, We have attempted to call several times but have not been able to speak with you. I would like to speak with you further about this issue. Please give me a call at 302-323-1100.

12/04/2018 Category: Service
Sad just sad
Diagnostic team needs to be stronger when it comes to figuring out problems.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 12/05/2018

I left a voice-mail for you a little earlier, Please give me a call so we can set up a time to look further into the issue you are having. We truly want to get to the bottom of the problem, It may take a longer time then what we had it for the other day. I can be reached at 302-323-1100

Clayton, DE
11/03/2018 Category: Service
Service Improvement
Service center staff can improve on how they assist customers. They should not assume that all customers have previously owned a vehicle and know Hyundai's service center protocols. Otherwise, other staff are great and company has quality vehicles.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 11/05/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, We do strive to provide every customer with 5 Star service, I believe that we had some confusion in our communication over what was going on with your leaking tire-and for that I apologize.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Wow
Donna was the coordinator of my car services. She has always been professional and knowledgeable. Donna communicates well with me. All of your service employees should get some education from Donna’s manner in handling her clirnts

09/14/2018 Category: Service
W0W
The bill for the work was too expensive.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 09/14/2018

Thanks for taking the time to speak with us about your experience, We look forward to seeing you for your next service.

Newark, DE
09/04/2018 Category: Service
All day Serviced
It took all day for a basic check up and oil change. I never had to wait like that before. I dropped off at 7:30 and literally picked up at 5:30.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 09/06/2018

I would love to speak with you about your most recent service visit- we usually do a much better job in meeting expectations in service.

Adam S.
04/16/2018 Category: Service
They have a problem with being honest
They need to stop trying to deceive their customers that have warranties. They have tried on me 3 times, and have failed. I do feel badly for folks that do not know as much as myself, and get fooled.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/16/2018

I have attempted to reach out to you via phone. I would like to discuss your recent service visit with you. Please give me a call.

Hertrich of New Castle

2015 Hyundai Genesis
01/19/2018 Category: Service
Service Timing Improvements Needed
Service timing/estimates must improve, as previously described. Also, light bulb replacements should be covered under warranty, especially on your luxury models
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/22/2018

I have reached out by phone in hopes to speak with you about your last service visit. Please feel free to contact me here at the store.

2007 Hyundai Sonata
01/09/2018 Category: Service
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/10/2018

It was a pleasure speaking with you and please don't hesitate to call me personally with any questions or concerns.

2009 Hyundai Sonata
01/02/2018 Category: Service
Took way too long for a basic service while i waited....made an appt days before
Not happy with service overall......service writer was very professional and apologized for the wait time, but i would prefer to go elsewhere.
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/03/2018

I have reached out by phone to discuss your service visit. Please feel free to contact me here at the store.

12/16/2017 Category: Service
Misled and Confused
There were major miscommunication issues with Dave from customer service. I didn’t feel like my concerns with my vehicle were addressed.
I was told that my car was no longer under warranty and that I would have to pay and would have been overcharged if I didn’t provide evidence that I do in fact have extended warranty through Hertrich Hyundai. This information should have been visible in the system.
I came in with concerns of an electric issue due to consistently having to change my headlight bulbs. Was told by Dave that it was most likely not an electric issue, then was told by Dave that technician stated it was an electric issue and to go home and come back later because of time needed to fix issue (that I needed to pay out of pocket for due to allegedly not being under warranty), then was called and told that it wasn’t an electric issue after I proved that I am under warranty. No real explanation on why electric issue was ruled out. My request to have this information documented was declined by both Dave and the service manager. Documentation provided to me is very vague and explains nothing. I was told by Dave that they could not check to see if this was intact an electric issue. I felt very confused and misled. Both Dave and service manager blamed technician and spoke very ill and unprofessionally about him, leading me to question what kind of technician was responsible for the care of my vehicle. I bought my vehicle from Hertrich Hyundai 5 years ago this was not my first issue with the company or with this particular service representative (Dave). This is, however, the first time in speaking out. After 5 years, I choose not to return nor recommend this dealership to others.
Rob S. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 12/18/2017

Hello Tanisha,

My name is Rob Syva and I'm the General Manager for Hertrich Hyundai.  I apologize for your experience here, as a valued Hertrich customer I would like to speak to you about this experience.

Please contact me at 302-323-1100.

Middletown, DE
2010 Hyundai Elantra
11/11/2017 Category: Service
Needs improvement
Would appreciate in the future that they only recommended parts and services that I actually I need!!
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 11/13/2017

It was a pleasure speaking with you and thank you for yor response. It certainly makes a difference and allows us to make changes to better serve our customers.

10/05/2017 Category: Service
Great customer appreciation
Robert provided me with great customer follow up. Thank you for hearing my issues and promptly clearing and resolving them.

10/05/2017 Category: Service
Hyundai
Not great communication
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 10/06/2017

It was an absolute pleasure speaking with you and we really appreciate the feed back! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

TL
Tracy L.
09/19/2017 Category: Service
Unsatisfactory
No comment
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 09/20/2017

I've reached out by phone to discuss your service and survey. Please feel free to contact me here at the shop so we might discuss.

Maryann M.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/18/2017 Category: Service
previously indicated
previously indicated
Rob S. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/23/2017

Maryann,

I'm really sorry you had a poor experience in our service department and would like to speak you to see how I may correct this.  I certainly don't want to loose you as a Hertrich Hyundai customer.

Hertrich Hyundai
rsyva@hertrichs.com

TP
Tracy P.
Newark, DE
2011 Hyundai Veracruz
07/22/2017 Category: Service
PRICE'S ARE RIDICULOUS!
Well if this doesn't show up I know you are playing with the reviews. Your prices are ridiculous. I will be going to Good Year from now on for my oil changes/rotations from now on. They have no hidden cost or SHOP costs added to the 70 dollar price. Plus even they rotate your tires for free if you purchase your tires from them, and after buying brand new tires you still charge. I had 2 tires replaced, 1 tire repair and you charged me for a rotation when you already had 3 tires off the car. You have lost several family and friends of mine due to your prices and now you have lost me.
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/28/2017

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your experience.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/19/2017 Category: Service
Very Disappointed!
The two men I gave my keys to and then received my keys from were extremely rude!
Rob S. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 07/20/2017

Frankie,

I very sorry you had a poor experience with us, it's very important to me that this does not happen.  We value you as a hertrich Hyundai customer.  My name is Rob Syva and I'm the General Manager for Hertrich Hyundai I would like to speak with you regarding your experience.

Hertrich Hyundai