LES S.
Winter Springs, FL
Buick Verano
03/03/2018
Revised "Having to take car back"
I received a call from Marty to discuss my concerns, must say it is great that a company reach out to their customers to talk to them, instead of an email. The issue with the check engine light coming on after the repairs is now understood, and as Marty told me it might take the engine computer a few cycles to verify everything is OK. I am happy to report that my daughter told me that the check engine light is now out. Thanks to Marty and his team! See you soon with another car to work on.

03/03/2018
Having to take the car back
I am giving Marty's a 3 star because I was disappointed in that in calling a week ahead I asked if I could get my car serviced, the person on the phone said yes and they could have it done by Friday (this was a Monday that I called). I was told that if I dropped my car off the following Tuesday (actually dropped it off on Monday afternoon) they would be able to get my car in and out that day. At 2:00pm on Tuesday I was told that my car was next in line and no way was it getting done. My big issue was that my car was taken in for a check engine light and when we picked up the car after they had closed the check engine light was still on even after spending $700+ dollars to get it fixed. So either the tech forgot to reset the check engine light or it came right back on and no one noticed. I would still recommend Marty's especially if you have some issue that other service centers can't find, just make sure you pick up the car while they are still open, that way should the issue not be addressed you could get someone to look at it.
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 03/05/2018

Les,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. We apologize for the communication errors and appreciate your feedback.

DOMINIC R.
11/01/2017
great follow-up!
Marty's went out of their way to resolve my issues and earn my business. I feel very comfortable with their level of expertise and customer service. I will continue to use Marty's for my auto repair needs.

11/01/2017
“Free” Inspection
Found this shop on the AAA website as an approved shop, took my Jeep in for the “free” 40 point inspection that ended up costing $47 and provided estimates for 1,200 plus in repair estimates. Left not very happy, the very next day, the O2 sensor that I had replaced a few months earlier falls out of its socket where it was epoxied into. I was barely able to drive it back in the next day and had to pay another 275 to have it replaced again.Overall, I’m out $325 and the car drives the exact same as when I brought it there 2 days ago. Won’t ever use Marty’s for another repair.
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 11/27/2017

Dominic,
Per our recent conversations, we really appreciate your willingness to work with us and get the issue taken care of to your satisfaction. We want all of our customers to be happy with their service.

JIM H.
07/10/2017
Excellent staff and mechanics!
I can not say enough good about Marty and his staff! We were extremely satisfied with the whole process!

07/10/2017
2002 Ford Explorer
I can not say enough good things about Marty and his excellent team of mechanics!
As most people know, it is difficult to find a trustworthy mechanic in this day and age, but Marty's has restored my faith!!!
After having two other shops tell me that my evaporator coil needed to be replaced and it would cost me $1500.00, Marty and his team proved that it was just my serpentine belt.
Our explorer was a big challenge with many issues and these guys took the bull by the horns and were extremely professional and courteous and informative as to what was going on as they were working on the vehicle.
If I could give these guys ten stars I would do so!!!
Thank you Marty and your team!!

Jim & Lynda Hoffman
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 07/11/2017

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to have earned your trust and your continued patronage!

MIKE P.
12/05/2016
Corrective Action Taken by Business Owner - CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change. Overfilled...
This history is relevant:
I have been a customer of Marty DiSanto since he was a service manager for another auto repair company. He treated his customers very well then and I was a repeat customer. In 1996 Marty left that business to start his own. I stayed with that other business, but their new service manager was very, very difficult to work with. After being disappointed more than once, I searched for and found Marty at his new business Marty's Autoworks. I soon realized that it was Marty, not the previous business that provided the honesty I wanted. Marty was the one who was taking the time to explain what was broken, what had to be fixed now, what could wait in a way that I could understand. For more than 20 years I have been satisfied with him and his hand-picked employees' commitment to honesty and transparency when making automobile repairs.

Why I wrote the 3 out of 5 star review:
Because their overfilling of motor oil in my Toyota had happened before and overfilling has serious motor damage consequences, I was compelled to write a review pointing out the repeat problem.

What happened after I posted my three out of five star review:
Service Manager Nick called me and discussed the specifics. He took my review seriously. He offered my next oil change for free and offered a free inspection to see if other mechanical issues could be causing the [pooling] oil. Then I told Nick the oil overfill happened that last time they changed my oil. He became more concerned.
While I had him on the phone, I told him any time I've had them do any work that required putting air in my tires, they have been way-over filled.
> He said he'd investigate, check the equipment and make sure his technicians are following procedures.

On 12/06/2016, Nick called me and said:
+ All of the oil guns were tested and one was out of calibration.
+ That the “AllData” book they use to service automobiles has two listings for my 1987 Toyota Corolla. Once for each size of engine. BUT, the book's specifications for my smaller (3.5 quart) 1.6L engine has the same oil capacity as the larger engine (4.5 quart). The book is wrong. Nick concludes that the technician was following the specifications, causing an overfill situation. He is going to contact “AllData” to get them to correct their error.
+ Because of my air pressure complaint, Marty has ordered all new air chucks. They are top-of-the-line, with gauges in the handles.

This swift investigation and corrective action shows that Marty's Autoworks' commitment to the best automobile service is ongoing and solid. I am satisfied that the issues are resolved.

12/05/2016
CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change.. Overfilled
In the week following replacement of the CV axle, complete overhaul of the rear brakes and a motor oil/filter change, MORE than the usual amount of motor oil appeared on the garage floor, under my 29 year old car. So much so that I checked the oil dip stick. Rather than it finding it low from all the oil loss onto the floor, the oil was way over the full limit mark. 3/4 of an inch over the mark! Not wanting to loose the use of my car for another day, I put the car on some ramps I used to use when I was young enough to do my own basic maintenance. Then drained the oil some. Then put back the right amount (full mark on the dip stick).

I have no idea what damage was caused to the engine. Overfilled oil typically first causes damage to seals. But also can cause causes air pockets and less liquid oil to cool parts such as piston skirts. The foamed oil also sticks in place and doesn't drain back to the pan.

I've not yet had problems with the CV axle of the rear brakes.
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Sorry for this issue with your vehicle.  Per your conversation with us, we hope we have resolved the problem.

THANK YOU!!

Ron G.
Florida
Volkswagen Jetta
10/18/2016 Category: Service
Ron said he took his vehicle back to the business and replaced the part he needed at no charge. They were nice and he had no problems working with them. He said he was happy with them.

10/18/2016 Category: Service
Ron said the vehicle is till hesitating when accelerated and the engine light is back on. He said he will have to bring the vehicle back in.
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 11/08/2016

We are happy that you brought the vehicle back into us and we got it running much better.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Marty DiSanto & Staff
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

GF
GREG F.
10/10/2013
Thanks
I really appreciated Marty personally calling me after the problems from my last service. They stepped up and took care of the problem. I'll definitely keep bringing my vehicles to Marty's Auto for all my service needs.

10/10/2013
couple of issues
I usually have no problems with Marty's Auto but on my last visit, I specifically asked them to call me on my cell phone...not my home phone (they have both) when they had an estimate. They called my home instead which resulted in delaying the work that needed to be done.
The also forgot to grease the new ball joints that they installed.
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing the entire situation,  we realized that a lot of the  delay in delivering Mr. Fetcher's  vehicle was due to poor communication with the sublet alignment shop.  We have contacted Mr. Fetcher and apologized for this inconvenience and offered compensation.   He has agreed that this was an uncommon occurance at Marty's Auto Works and the he has always received excellent service in the past.

GS
Gene S.
Florida
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
10/08/2013 Category: Service
Gene said he received a call and reconciled with the business. He was offered free services that he may be using in the future.

10/08/2013 Category: Service
Gene said his visit to this business was not that good. His vehicle was 2-3 days later but he was not kept informed about the vehicle. When he picked it up, the vehicle was still knocking. He thought changing the tie rod bearings would quiet the noise but it did not, so he said the vehicle was not completely fixed.
Marty D., Owner from Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing options that were offered to Gene he chose the more affordable option with NO guarantee knowing that it would NOT proberly fix the vehicle.  He informed us that he intended to trade this vehicle in and simply wanted the least expensive option.  When this did not prove to be a lasting repair Marty's Auto Works chose to offer Gene a partial credit.  This vehicle was subsequently traded in and Gene was happy with our offer and has agreed to correct his review.

JUDITH F.
07/01/2020
Excellent workmanship
Excellent workmanship and great customer service

JOE B.
Oviedo, FL
Lincoln Navigator
07/01/2020
Incredible Service and Integrity
I am so impressed by the quality of service, pricing, integrity, and speed of service. Marty’s will continue to be the only Auto Mechanic that my family and I use for our vehicles. Thanks so much for the peace of mind.

-Joe Bachman

MIKE P.
Dodge Avenger
06/27/2020
Best place I've found to take your car!
Marty's was recommended by Friends of the Springs and my son and I found it to be as good as advertised - even better. I'm now a believer. Excellent service in all areas.

TW
TRUDY W.
Ford EcoSport
06/26/2020
great service
These guys are terrific. Knowledgeable guys, they're quick, reliable, and reasonable. What's not to love!

KF
KEN F.
06/23/2020
Customer Service and Great Mechanic
John and Joe are great to work with.

CHRIS C.
Lexus ES 350
06/23/2020
Rest easy
When looking for a reliable and honest place to get your car repaired, you can trust the team at Martys. I’ve been a customer for years and will continue to one in the future. You can trust their diagnosis and plan to get your car back on the road. They’re good people.

JOYCE D.
Casselberry, FL
Saturn Ion
06/19/2020
Really good mechanics here.
You have really good mechanics here. You guys are the best!

JOSH H.
Casselberry, FL
Ford Expedition
06/16/2020
Honest and fair
can't ask for much more than that... highly recommend