Overall Rating 1.999998/5rating 1.999998rating 1.999998rating 1.999998rating 1.999998
JIM H. ReScore Review on 07/12/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Excellent staff and mechanics!"
I can not say enough good about Marty and his staff! We were extremely satisfied with the whole process!
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017 03:13 AM

"2002 Ford Explorer"
I can not say enough good things about Marty and his excellent team of mechanics!
As most people know, it is difficult to find a trustworthy mechanic in this day and age, but Marty's has restored my faith!!!
After having two other shops tell me that my evaporator coil needed to be replaced and it would cost me $1500.00, Marty and his team proved that it was just my serpentine belt.
Our explorer was a big challenge with many issues and these guys took the bull by the horns and were extremely professional and courteous and informative as to what was going on as they were working on the vehicle.
If I could give these guys ten stars I would do so!!!
Thank you Marty and your team!!

Jim & Lynda Hoffman
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017 03:13 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 07/11/2017

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to have earned your trust and your continued patronage!

MIKE P. ReScore Review on 01/16/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Corrective Action Taken by Business Owner - CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change. Overfilled..."
This history is relevant:
I have been a customer of Marty DiSanto since he was a service manager for another auto repair company. He treated his customers very well then and I was a repeat customer. In 1996 Marty left that business to start his own. I stayed with that other business, but their new service manager was very, very difficult to work with. After being disappointed more than once, I searched for and found Marty at his new business Marty's Autoworks. I soon realized that it was Marty, not the previous business that provided the honesty I wanted. Marty was the one who was taking the time to explain what was broken, what had to be fixed now, what could wait in a way that I could understand. For more than 20 years I have been satisfied with him and his hand-picked employees' commitment to honesty and transparency when making automobile repairs.

Why I wrote the 3 out of 5 star review:
Because their overfilling of motor oil in my Toyota had happened before and overfilling has serious motor damage consequences, I was compelled to write a review pointing out the repeat problem.

What happened after I posted my three out of five star review:
Service Manager Nick called me and discussed the specifics. He took my review seriously. He offered my next oil change for free and offered a free inspection to see if other mechanical issues could be causing the [pooling] oil. Then I told Nick the oil overfill happened that last time they changed my oil. He became more concerned.
While I had him on the phone, I told him any time I've had them do any work that required putting air in my tires, they have been way-over filled.
> He said he'd investigate, check the equipment and make sure his technicians are following procedures.

On 12/06/2016, Nick called me and said:
+ All of the oil guns were tested and one was out of calibration.
+ That the “AllData” book they use to service automobiles has two listings for my 1987 Toyota Corolla. Once for each size of engine. BUT, the book's specifications for my smaller (3.5 quart) 1.6L engine has the same oil capacity as the larger engine (4.5 quart). The book is wrong. Nick concludes that the technician was following the specifications, causing an overfill situation. He is going to contact “AllData” to get them to correct their error.
+ Because of my air pressure complaint, Marty has ordered all new air chucks. They are top-of-the-line, with gauges in the handles.

This swift investigation and corrective action shows that Marty's Autoworks' commitment to the best automobile service is ongoing and solid. I am satisfied that the issues are resolved.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM

"CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change.. Overfilled"
In the week following replacement of the CV axle, complete overhaul of the rear brakes and a motor oil/filter change, MORE than the usual amount of motor oil appeared on the garage floor, under my 29 year old car. So much so that I checked the oil dip stick. Rather than it finding it low from all the oil loss onto the floor, the oil was way over the full limit mark. 3/4 of an inch over the mark! Not wanting to loose the use of my car for another day, I put the car on some ramps I used to use when I was young enough to do my own basic maintenance. Then drained the oil some. Then put back the right amount (full mark on the dip stick).

I have no idea what damage was caused to the engine. Overfilled oil typically first causes damage to seals. But also can cause causes air pockets and less liquid oil to cool parts such as piston skirts. The foamed oil also sticks in place and doesn't drain back to the pan.

I've not yet had problems with the CV axle of the rear brakes.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Sorry for this issue with your vehicle.  Per your conversation with us, we hope we have resolved the problem.

THANK YOU!!

Ron G. ReScore Review on 11/12/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Ron said he took his vehicle back to the business and replaced the part he needed at no charge. They were nice and he had no problems working with them. He said he was happy with them.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 10/14/2016
Review Created: 10/18/2016

Ron said the vehicle is till hesitating when accelerated and the engine light is back on. He said he will have to bring the vehicle back in.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 10/14/2016
Review Created: 10/18/2016
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 11/08/2016

We are happy that you brought the vehicle back into us and we got it running much better.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Marty DiSanto & Staff
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

GREG F. ReScore Review on 10/23/2013
"Thanks"
I really appreciated Marty personally calling me after the problems from my last service. They stepped up and took care of the problem. I'll definitely keep bringing my vehicles to Marty's Auto for all my service needs.
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM

"couple of issues"
I usually have no problems with Marty's Auto but on my last visit, I specifically asked them to call me on my cell phone...not my home phone (they have both) when they had an estimate. They called my home instead which resulted in delaying the work that needed to be done.
The also forgot to grease the new ball joints that they installed.
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing the entire situation,  we realized that a lot of the  delay in delivering Mr. Fetcher's  vehicle was due to poor communication with the sublet alignment shop.  We have contacted Mr. Fetcher and apologized for this inconvenience and offered compensation.   He has agreed that this was an uncommon occurance at Marty's Auto Works and the he has always received excellent service in the past.

Gene S. ReScore Review on 10/22/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Gene said he received a call and reconciled with the business. He was offered free services that he may be using in the future.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/08/2013

Gene said his visit to this business was not that good. His vehicle was 2-3 days later but he was not kept informed about the vehicle. When he picked it up, the vehicle was still knocking. He thought changing the tie rod bearings would quiet the noise but it did not, so he said the vehicle was not completely fixed.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/08/2013
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing options that were offered to Gene he chose the more affordable option with NO guarantee knowing that it would NOT proberly fix the vehicle.  He informed us that he intended to trade this vehicle in and simply wanted the least expensive option.  When this did not prove to be a lasting repair Marty's Auto Works chose to offer Gene a partial credit.  This vehicle was subsequently traded in and Gene was happy with our offer and has agreed to correct his review.

RICHARD S. on 10/15/2017
"Quality of repairs and and integrity of Marty and his employees-"
my wife and I always come back to Marty's for the maintenance of our two vehicles- We always know Marty's will
complete repairs that are necessary=
Vehicle: Honda Accord Sdn
Service Date: 10/13/2017
Review Created: 10/15/2017 06:25 AM
DENNIS W. on 10/15/2017
"Did a good job again."
Had a major problem with son’s car. John and crew came through again. Quick, reasonable and accurate experience. Good job.
Vehicle: BMW 5 Series
Service Date: 10/12/2017
Review Created: 10/15/2017 03:40 AM
TED M. on 10/12/2017
"Their facility is very clean, John was extremely helpful and seemed genuinely intersted in fixing my cars problem, they follow up extremently well keeping you informed all along the way, and their prices are very fair."
It's interesting that the Chrysler dealer in Sanford couldn't figure out the problem and/or fixt it. John and his team fixed it in "short order" but before that I was informed what we might be looking at and what the cost would be. GREAT PEOPLE!
Vehicle: Chrysler Aspen
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 11:28 AM
BARRY S. on 10/12/2017
"Marty & his team of techs give a honest, easy to understand explanation of your vehicles problem, what it will take to fix, and what cost should be after service-"
As a long time customer, my car was diagnosed & then fixed after we came up with a solid plan to address the problem- and, service is done in a sincere fashion, which is why we rely on Marty's & recommend them to friends -
Vehicle: Jeep Commander
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 02:23 AM
LARRY C. on 10/11/2017
"Honest reliable work"
Although sometines inconvenient i also have allot of respect for the fact that unlike most other mechanic shops Marty gives his folks weekends and holidays off. To me this goes to show he cares about his people and is not just out to make a buck.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Review Created: 10/11/2017 03:35 AM
VIN D. on 10/09/2017
"Got me back running "
I had an issue where my car sat for a long time after no longer starting. The team at Marty’s got my 1994 Camaro Z28 running again. I will be returning to repair other long overdue issues. Thanx!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Camaro
Service Date: 10/06/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017 10:59 AM
JAMES F. on 10/08/2017
"Power Steering High Pressure Hose replaced"
John came through and was able to fit my repair in when I arrived and out in less than 2 hours
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 10/06/2017
Review Created: 10/08/2017 03:00 PM
JAN K. on 10/04/2017
"Don't go anywhere else!"
I have been to Marty's 3 times and it just gets better. I can walk in there and know I am getting the best work for the best price. No games, no gouging. Their customer service is also top notch!
Service Date: 10/03/2017
Review Created: 10/04/2017 03:31 PM
LINDA F. on 10/04/2017
"Marty's Auto Works"
Marty, Nick, and all the employees are so pleasant and helpful. They provide a ride to and from their shop when needed. They do a safety inspection every time I bring my car in and they give me helpful hints or suggestions in caring for my vehicle. I always feel that they are honest and do a good job.
Service Date: 09/26/2017
Review Created: 10/04/2017 11:14 AM
Susan M. on 10/02/2017
"What a great place !"
I had an emergency drop-in visit several months ago... they didn't have time for a full repair but gave me a diagnosis and temporary fix so I could drive safely. When t returned they completed the repair at a fair price and provided me with transportation so I wouldn't have to spend the day in a waiting room. Bravo!
Service Date: 06/13/2018
Review Created: 10/02/2017 12:04 PM
JOE F. on 09/30/2017
"Excellent mechanics & customer serivice."
I've been a customer of Marty's for over 20 years. Not only are they excellent mechanics, but they are friendly & very customer oriented. Marty & his team have worked on numerous vehicles I have owned including my 1980 Corvette. Obviously, after 20 years, I am extremely happy with the relationship I have with Marty & his staff, which includes the experience and expertise they bring with them. Don't want to forget the "front end" guys at the counter. Very customer oriented & friendly.
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 09/30/2017 06:45 AM
Chris M. on 09/29/2017
Chris said this business gave him an honest answer to his questions without trying to sell him stuff that he did not want or need.
Vehicle: Ram Pickup
Service Date: 09/25/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017
Rose R. on 09/28/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Love Martys in Longwood"
Since I've moved to Florida it is the only place I take my car and recommend my friends to go to for everything. Great mechanics and customer service. They also do courtesy pick up and drop off, very nice 👍 always.
Review Created: 09/28/2017 04:29 PM
Rick S. on 09/28/2017
"My Neighborhood Mechanic"
We've been taking our cars to Marty's ever since moving here 4 years ago. We have never been disappointed! Marty's prices are reasonable and they don't pressure you to do all the extra things they "find" while fixing what you brought it there for. Sometimes they've had to keep a vehicle overnight but it's because they are doing the job right the first time.
Review Created: 09/28/2017 01:10 PM
NANCY F. on 09/28/2017
"Nice to trust your mechanics"
I am so glad that Marty's Auto Works takes the time to really diagnose what I need. They call me to be sure it is what I want, and I always feel like they have my best interest at hand.
Vehicle: Honda Civic Sdn