Overall Rating 2.4285729/5Overall Rating 2.4285729/5rating 2.4285729rating 2.4285729rating 2.4285729

Continue reading recommended reviews

Saturn VUE
07/23/2019
AAA Recommended, Clean, Professional
They do great work and are very trustworthy. I only took the two stars off because you are forced to watch FoxNews in their waiting area. Who needs angry politics while you are getting your car fixed?
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 07/23/2019

Well thank you for your business we always treat everyone fairly and honestly.
Please let me just say the TV in the waiting room is turned on in the morning and Bay news 9 is the default station...  The remote is on the table for any customer to change the channel to whatever channel they would like.  We do NOT force anyone to watch any TV station.  I can say that we do have many customers who do put fox on.  We do 2 things with the TV turn it on in the morning and turn it off at the end of the day.
Pleas also keep in mind giving us a bad review do to the TV being on Fox news is not fair at all especially when you could have changed it or asked us to change it we would have been glad to put on anything you would have liked.  We are politically neutral at our place of business.

Janet K.
03/27/2019
Dissatisfied with their ability to analyze an issue
After 7 months and more than 9 visits for replacing parts and making adjustments on my 1989 Dodge Aries, she was no better than when I brought her in the first time. At least twice and I believe three times, I asked "Are you sure it isn't the transaxle?" Each time I got the look with a no way answer. Guess what? Having the transaxle rebuilt at a transmission shop solved the problem. I wrote a letter to the owner with my history and complaint. Worst part. He didn't even respond.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 03/27/2019

I am not sure what to say!   We have not seen you in more than a year?  I have not received any letter from you?  The last repair we did was to install control module you supplied. The prior repair we replace the throttle body that was cracked in half that was no longer available that we found used for your car that is 30 years old.
I only find 5 repair orders in our system some are routine maintenance, oil change and motor mounts...
As far as any letter I have not received one to date?  Possible lost in the mail?   I would be happy to respond to your letter please resend it.   We stand behind everything we do.

Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 03/28/2019

Jesus B.
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Jesus said he was charged over $100 for a filter.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/13/2018

I am sorry you feel you paid too much.  You state that we charged you $100 for an air filter...  That is totally out of context.  You have a 8 year old vehicle with 67,000 miles and had the original  air filter for the engine and the cabin air filter for the air you breath had green mold growing all over it.  In addition we did a semi synthetic oil change as well.  So in review you had an oil change, tire rotation and 2 filters installed all for a the price including tax of $103.00

I am sorry if you feel that was an un fair price.  We did tell you before we changed the filters about the cost and you and your wife agreed to it?   I have reviewed the costs involved with your repair and they are accurate. Additionally I called 3 local competitors they all exceeded the price you paid for the smae service.  I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further.  Please stop by the shop any weekday morning and I would welcome the chance to discuss this further with you.

GL
Greg L.
Port Richey, FL

JI
John I.
09/02/2018
Manifold replacement 2003 mercury marquis.
Had some water leaks under radiator. Pressure tested my system and blew out the gasket at rear of manifold. I couldn’t drive out after that. Supposedly replaced manifold after being told no replacement gasket available, but they put radiator stop leak in system without my knowledge! Further I was charged for manifold gasket set set 62.54 + valve cover gasket set 73.98 and the new manifold 439.24. Total rip off I was forced to pay. That was two years ago.the car was recently overheating, I added water and noticed the thermostat gasket and manifold leaking whitish yellow fluid. New mechanic says gaskets are 80 dollars total and we’re never needed plus manifold never replaced as charged!! Their work is now out of warranty which was for one year. I asked how much pressure used for the procedure and they said it didn’t matter!!

Tom S.
Florida
08/16/2018 Category: Service
Tom said that they wanted to charge him 65.00 for labor but did not and this was an error. He did say the mechanic tried to rectify the issue.

08/16/2018 Category: Service
Tom said the business charged him $65 for labor to install his battery.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 08/18/2018

Hi Tom.

It has come to my understanding that we didn't charge you anything at all. Also Kevin our store manager called you today and did confirm that with you. Additionally he said you would gladly re rate our service and we didn't charge you for our service.  Please find a rescore request.

National Auto