Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Ben E. ReScore Review on 09/19/2017
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Ben said the business resolved any issues he had, which he really appreciates. The staff members took care of everything and again he's very happy and he will recommend them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Category: Service
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017

Ben said everything else that was done was great but he had one issue with his visit. The oil gauge was dropping indicating low oil and the mechanic replaced the senders switch but the same thing was happening even before he left the parking lot. He informed the person at the front desk and was told to talk to the mechanic. The mechanic told Ben to go on Amazon and order the speedometer head and install this himself. Ben paid $100 for the switch he replaced and wondered if the mechanic replaced the right part. They told him they didn't even know. The front desk person was very professional and it was the mechanic he had problems with.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Category: Service
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 09/14/2017

First we would like to thank you for your business.   My staff has reached out to you and has informed me the issues have been resolved.   Thank you for the  opportunity to correct the issue.   We will send you a re rate opportunity.

Thank you again for your business.  You can alway call or stop by and speak with me directly should you have any other concerns.

Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 09/14/2017

did you get our re rate request?

GIL G. ReScore Review on 07/23/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"2012 GMC Acadia re-review"
This is a re-review of my previous 2012 GMC Acardia which I submitted a less than glowing comments regarding the repair of the car's AC. As I reported in my first the AC failed after two days however, two days later it began working again and has been working great since then. After bringing it back to have it checked National determined that there must have been a temporary blockage probably from a piece of debris. The folks at National were very friendly and competent on this return visit and I consider them to be highly reputable.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 07/12/2016
Review Created: 07/15/2016 07:04 AM

"2012 GMC Acadia"
Not good, the AC broke again two days after it was repaired.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 07/12/2016
Review Created: 07/15/2016 07:04 AM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 07/15/2016

Please do bring it back everything we do has a 2 year warranty no questions asked...  Please give us a call or just  bring it back it right away .  We stand behind everything we do please do bring it back asap.   Parts sometimes parts go bad give us the opportunity to fix it for you. We had no knowledge that the repair had failed.  I will instruct the manager to call you to arrange to get you in.

Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 07/18/2016

In our phone conversations with you we understand your a/c is now working fine.  We would still like to see your vehicle for a recheck again at no cost to you....

CHARLES C. on 06/16/2016
"Not so great"
Business is still not able or willing to complete repair that was started in December 2015. Will never go there for service again. Customer service is laughable. Prices are extremely expensive.
Vehicle: Suzuki XL7
Service Date: 06/15/2016
Review Created: 06/16/2016 06:33 AM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 06/16/2016

It is not that we are not willing or able to fix this vehicle.  The parts are simply obsolete and the parts we have found back in November of last year had to be special ordered.   We have attempted to help various times at no charge to you we really do not understand your comments.   Please do come to the shop and lets see if we can get your check engine light turned off without the parts needed.

GEORGE W. on 04/10/2016
"LOF"
I had a LOF done Tues. 4/5/16. except for the mech trying to sell me things, I was talked out of the tire rotation, things went well. Friday Morning, I saw oil on my driveway, under the area, of the oil filter. I turned the car around, and Saturday there was another oil spot under the area of the oil filter. I had company Saturday, and was unable to call Nat. Auto!! Sunday, my Landlord told me to clean up the oil spots!!!! I will call Nat. Auto Monday morning for sure!!!!
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 04/05/2016
Review Created: 04/10/2016 05:49 PM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 04/11/2016

First off thank you for your business.   We have had a shop meeting and a re training with our service tech that worked on your vehicle.   I do know that you did call last week to make us aware of the issue.   When you due for your next oil change we would be happy to it free of charge for the inconvenience.   We do  occasionally  make mistakes and we do take care of it when we do.  Thank you very much for making us aware of this and most of all thank you again for your business we hope you will give us another try with a free oil change for you car.

GEORGE K. on 12/29/2015
"Location and certified AAA shop"
My first visit was a nightmare. Spending $3,300.00 Dollars taking the service writers advice. The repairs lasted for a couple days and all issues returned. After many visits I got in touch with AAA and made a complaint. I returned to the shop and all issues had been fixed in three hours, and now on my 6th day none have returned so far. I cannot recommend a friend yet, but as time goes on I might.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 12:57 PM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 12/30/2015

Wow is all we can say! Please read this

Just the facts, repairs totaling $3300 were in 4 visits over 9 months.

3/26/15  153,000 miles
we replaced an alternator

03/30/15
Ignition coil was bad and found the vehilce needed to be checked for addtional problems.

4/2/15
The vehicle came in with a missfire problem.  We found that another garage had stripped and cross threded # 4 spark plug into the cylinder head. We were able to find a repair kit for the head saving the customer over 1000$ in labor.  The vehicle needed a module and a couple of of sprk plugs.   Also found wires cut and improperly repaired by another repair shop.  this was all repaired customer was thankfull. It was also noted there were many concerns about what else was done improperly at this other shop.

12/2/15
163,000 miles

We did suspension work shocks struts alignment and an oil change.

George  Made more than one appoinment that he didnt keep for a check engine light issue.  He did contact AAA.  The field supervisor for AAA simply advised them to return for warrenty work.   Apon inspection we found  a bad spark plug wire that another garage installed was bad.   We found a front end part ( tie rod end ) bad the caused the tires to wear out faster than normal.  We repaired the issues with the van at no cost to  George regardless of the fact that these issues were not work that we had performed and now 20,000 miles later. We even gave him 2 free tires all in an effort to go above and beond for our customers!  We didnt have to do that!

After all that we got a 2 rating..  We pride ourselves on doing the right thing always.

Our customers know  we do good work and treat people properly we just had to put the facts out there since you cant take these reviews back.
Thank you for taking the time to read this