Jim S.
New Port Richey, FL
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Jim said when he went in for an oil change, the tech pointed out a number of other problems with his vehicle that he thought needed repaired. Some of those were the alignment and rear shocks. The tech said he thought he needed an alignment, because his tires were wearing and he explained to him that he had just had a repair done. Then the tech said he thought he needed new rear shocks, because they were the original factory shocks. He let the tech know that he was unable to have that done that day, but asked him how much it would be and he told him it would be $640. He then took his vehicle to another place, had them change the rear shocks for $323 and they also told him that they thought he did not need an alignment. He was happy with the oil change price, but stated he was unhappy and felt he didn't get a very fair price on the quote with the shocks.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/09/2019

First let me thank you for your business we appreciate it very much.
In review of your concern about the quote for shocks I have found the following

Let me say we do not make up the pricing ever.  We use Mitchell 1 Pro-demand a nationwide standard labor guild system.  Within the system we use Napa list/ retial pricing for most of our parts including your quote.

Let assure you we never purposfully over charge for anything.  We use a nationawide standardized pricing structure that can not be raised or over ridden only discounted via coupons or managers discounts.

As for your quote during my review I realized the qoute included heavy duty shocks and  a $90 dollar alignment your oil change sales tax and shop supplies. I am not sure why a ultra heavy duty shock was quoted?   If we remove the heavy duty shocks and re quote that would have been $480 including the alignmnet.

From time to time we do make mistakes as we are all human.  Please feel free to contact me directly in the future should you feel something is not right.   This is a small family run company and we do everything possible to make everyone happy.   It appears to me there was at very least some confusion on the quality of the shocks quoted and we are sorry about that.   I am also confident had you asked for the manager or the owner we would have cought the issue of quoting heavy duty preimium shock instead of standard duty..

Sincerly

DEBORAH M.
Dunedin, FL
Kia Sedona
05/11/2019
Love the location and the staff
Thought they did a through job, until the car broke down 105 miles away from our (my sister, both of our dogs, one huge and her cat, who had to stay in the car while it was being towed) destination. The code was "replace the coolant sensor" (from a mechanical code reader) which they did as part of my $1326 repair. We were stranded in the rain when the car wouldn't start (trust me, I must have tried - praying - at least 50 times, easily (!) at 1:30 in the morning!!! So I am without a car for at least three more days and I had to pay out of pocket for the extra milage.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 05/15/2019

Deborah

We are so sorry to hear you had an issue with the repair... Ben our store and service manager did try and call you a couple of times and un able to reach you?   If the same part failed that we installed failed  It was covered under warranty, we are hoping you did call the 800 # and use the warranty?   We are fortunate that we do offer a 2 year 24k Nationwide warranty as sometimes new parts do fail.  It does not happen very often but it does happen.    Could you give us a call at the shop please to discuss the matter please.

7278620500

It would be best to call in the mornings ask for  Ben

Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 05/24/2019

Thank you for calling the shop and speaking with Ben.   We are so glad to hear it was not the parts we installed on your car..   Should you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

JOHN A.
03/29/2018
Lost Hubcap
I went in for a simple oil change on Monday, March 26th, 2018 and specifically asked that my tires were not to be rotated, and I noticed the Tech was taking my tires off and asked what he was doing and he replied inspecting your brakes. When I got home I realized my hubcap was missing, so my $25.00 oil change has become a $45.00 hubcap search.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/02/2018

First we would like to thank you for your business.   Also thank you for making us aware of you situation with your hubcap.   I am also aware that Kevin has followed up with you and is in process of finding you a replacement hub cap.  You will hear from us shortly when your replacement cap is in.
 We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.   Please know we are all human and we do make mistakes but all you have to do is let s know and we will always take care of them.  Thank you again for your business you will hear from us soon.

AH
ALLAN H.
Hudson, FL
03/29/2018
Clean.
I was not satisfied.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/02/2018

First I would like to thank you for your business.  I have had Kevin reach out to you t understand what the issue was with your service.  We have tried several times to contact you and did leave you a message.   Please give us a call or stop by so we can attempt to rectify whatever the issue was with your service.   We have been operating at this location  for years and we always try our best to make our customers happy and do the right thing when we do make a mistake..  Please do give us a call or stop by so we can have the opportunity to understand what went wrong...

BE
Ben E.
Florida
Chevrolet Silverado SS
08/24/2017 Category: Service
Ben said the business resolved any issues he had, which he really appreciates. The staff members took care of everything and again he's very happy and he will recommend them.

08/24/2017 Category: Service
Ben said everything else that was done was great but he had one issue with his visit. The oil gauge was dropping indicating low oil and the mechanic replaced the senders switch but the same thing was happening even before he left the parking lot. He informed the person at the front desk and was told to talk to the mechanic. The mechanic told Ben to go on Amazon and order the speedometer head and install this himself. Ben paid $100 for the switch he replaced and wondered if the mechanic replaced the right part. They told him they didn't even know. The front desk person was very professional and it was the mechanic he had problems with.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/14/2017

First we would like to thank you for your business.   My staff has reached out to you and has informed me the issues have been resolved.   Thank you for the  opportunity to correct the issue.   We will send you a re rate opportunity.

Thank you again for your business.  You can alway call or stop by and speak with me directly should you have any other concerns.

Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/14/2017

did you get our re rate request?

GG
GIL G.
Hudson, FL
GMC Acadia
07/15/2016
2012 GMC Acadia re-review
This is a re-review of my previous 2012 GMC Acardia which I submitted a less than glowing comments regarding the repair of the car's AC. As I reported in my first the AC failed after two days however, two days later it began working again and has been working great since then. After bringing it back to have it checked National determined that there must have been a temporary blockage probably from a piece of debris. The folks at National were very friendly and competent on this return visit and I consider them to be highly reputable.

07/15/2016
2012 GMC Acadia
Not good, the AC broke again two days after it was repaired.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 07/15/2016

Please do bring it back everything we do has a 2 year warranty no questions asked...  Please give us a call or just  bring it back it right away .  We stand behind everything we do please do bring it back asap.   Parts sometimes parts go bad give us the opportunity to fix it for you. We had no knowledge that the repair had failed.  I will instruct the manager to call you to arrange to get you in.

Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 07/18/2016

In our phone conversations with you we understand your a/c is now working fine.  We would still like to see your vehicle for a recheck again at no cost to you....

CHARLES C.
Suzuki XL7
06/16/2016
Not so great
Business is still not able or willing to complete repair that was started in December 2015. Will never go there for service again. Customer service is laughable. Prices are extremely expensive.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 06/16/2016

It is not that we are not willing or able to fix this vehicle.  The parts are simply obsolete and the parts we have found back in November of last year had to be special ordered.   We have attempted to help various times at no charge to you we really do not understand your comments.   Please do come to the shop and lets see if we can get your check engine light turned off without the parts needed.

GW
GEORGE W.
Hyundai Tucson
04/10/2016
LOF
I had a LOF done Tues. 4/5/16. except for the mech trying to sell me things, I was talked out of the tire rotation, things went well. Friday Morning, I saw oil on my driveway, under the area, of the oil filter. I turned the car around, and Saturday there was another oil spot under the area of the oil filter. I had company Saturday, and was unable to call Nat. Auto!! Sunday, my Landlord told me to clean up the oil spots!!!! I will call Nat. Auto Monday morning for sure!!!!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/11/2016

First off thank you for your business.   We have had a shop meeting and a re training with our service tech that worked on your vehicle.   I do know that you did call last week to make us aware of the issue.   When you due for your next oil change we would be happy to it free of charge for the inconvenience.   We do  occasionally  make mistakes and we do take care of it when we do.  Thank you very much for making us aware of this and most of all thank you again for your business we hope you will give us another try with a free oil change for you car.

GK
GEORGE K.
12/29/2015
Location and certified AAA shop
My first visit was a nightmare. Spending $3,300.00 Dollars taking the service writers advice. The repairs lasted for a couple days and all issues returned. After many visits I got in touch with AAA and made a complaint. I returned to the shop and all issues had been fixed in three hours, and now on my 6th day none have returned so far. I cannot recommend a friend yet, but as time goes on I might.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/30/2015

Wow is all we can say! Please read this

Just the facts, repairs totaling $3300 were in 4 visits over 9 months.

3/26/15  153,000 miles
we replaced an alternator

03/30/15
Ignition coil was bad and found the vehilce needed to be checked for addtional problems.

4/2/15
The vehicle came in with a missfire problem.  We found that another garage had stripped and cross threded # 4 spark plug into the cylinder head. We were able to find a repair kit for the head saving the customer over 1000$ in labor.  The vehicle needed a module and a couple of of sprk plugs.   Also found wires cut and improperly repaired by another repair shop.  this was all repaired customer was thankfull. It was also noted there were many concerns about what else was done improperly at this other shop.

12/2/15
163,000 miles

We did suspension work shocks struts alignment and an oil change.

George  Made more than one appoinment that he didnt keep for a check engine light issue.  He did contact AAA.  The field supervisor for AAA simply advised them to return for warrenty work.   Apon inspection we found  a bad spark plug wire that another garage installed was bad.   We found a front end part ( tie rod end ) bad the caused the tires to wear out faster than normal.  We repaired the issues with the van at no cost to  George regardless of the fact that these issues were not work that we had performed and now 20,000 miles later. We even gave him 2 free tires all in an effort to go above and beond for our customers!  We didnt have to do that!

After all that we got a 2 rating..  We pride ourselves on doing the right thing always.

Our customers know  we do good work and treat people properly we just had to put the facts out there since you cant take these reviews back.
Thank you for taking the time to read this