Jim S.
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Jim said when he went in for an oil change, the tech pointed out a number of other problems with his vehicle that he thought needed repaired. Some of those were the alignment and rear shocks. The tech said he thought he needed an alignment, because his tires were wearing and he explained to him that he had just had a repair done. Then the tech said he thought he needed new rear shocks, because they were the original factory shocks. He let the tech know that he was unable to have that done that day, but asked him how much it would be and he told him it would be $640. He then took his vehicle to another place, had them change the rear shocks for $323 and they also told him that they thought he did not need an alignment. He was happy with the oil change price, but stated he was unhappy and felt he didn't get a very fair price on the quote with the shocks.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/09/2019

First let me thank you for your business we appreciate it very much.
In review of your concern about the quote for shocks I have found the following

Let me say we do not make up the pricing ever.  We use Mitchell 1 Pro-demand a nationwide standard labor guild system.  Within the system we use Napa list/ retial pricing for most of our parts including your quote.

Let assure you we never purposfully over charge for anything.  We use a nationawide standardized pricing structure that can not be raised or over ridden only discounted via coupons or managers discounts.

As for your quote during my review I realized the qoute included heavy duty shocks and  a $90 dollar alignment your oil change sales tax and shop supplies. I am not sure why a ultra heavy duty shock was quoted?   If we remove the heavy duty shocks and re quote that would have been $480 including the alignmnet.

From time to time we do make mistakes as we are all human.  Please feel free to contact me directly in the future should you feel something is not right.   This is a small family run company and we do everything possible to make everyone happy.   It appears to me there was at very least some confusion on the quality of the shocks quoted and we are sorry about that.   I am also confident had you asked for the manager or the owner we would have cought the issue of quoting heavy duty preimium shock instead of standard duty..

Sincerly

BP
BEN P.
09/30/2019
Stay away from this auto center...they bait and switch their warranties!
I had my wife's car serviced here on July 17, 2019. I was putting 1 can of freon every 2 weeks into her car to keep A/C running. I guess it finally gave out, so I went to them for repair. They said it needed a new a/c compressor and it would cost $933 to fix. I reluctantly agreed because of the cost but it's Florida and it's freaking HOT down here. 3 weeks later and a/c was blowing hot AGAIN! Unfortunately, I had to got out of state for 2 weeks and wasn't able to bring it back until Aug 20th. After they looked it over for 4 hours, they said, oh, it will be another $800 to fix because now the evaporator is leaking! Said, they had no reason to look at evaporator to begin with. Sounds like they're just scamming my wife out of more money when they should have done a complete diagnosis on a/c system!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 10/08/2019

Mr Petkus.

First thank you for your business.

We have been trying to speak with you about this situation for more than a week  several calls from Ben in an attempt to resolve this situation for you.  He did speak to one time you indicated you would call right back and never did?   We have been at this location since 1997.  We in-fact do not take advantage of people.   We always try to do the right thing and almost always are able to resolve issues that come up.  We do enjoy an very good overall rating here on Sure-critic.   If you would take the time to talk with us I am sure would can work something out.
We were totally un aware that you were upset until we received this bad rating from you? I can understand sometimes things don't go as planed in life we are all human...   We understand your upset however we have never said we wouldn't do something to make the situation better or try and resolve it.   When this sort of issue comes up it takes both sides to come to a resolution.  To date we have not heard from you and we have made multiple attempts to speak with you.  Please stop by and see Ben or give the shop a call and speak to Ben so there can be a resolution to this.

MIKE S.
09/11/2019
Clueless counter service and unknowledgeable mechanic staff
Took 3 times and over 600.00 to fix an issue with my truck.Will NEVER be back here again!!!!!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/19/2019

You State you had to come back 3 times to fix your truck...   Well the truth is you were insisting that your brakes were under warranty and done less than 2 years ago. We always attempt to do the right thing so we did as our vendor to help as it was out of warranty and they did.  Your 600 dollars was for a  brake repair that should have been 1300 per our estimate of what was needed.   Turns out your brakes were done 12/2/2014 over 4 years ago and more than 45,000 miles ago and not under ANY warranty at all.  We were under no obligation to do any of it under warranty.  Than you leave a bad review.  We then attempted to have a conversation about it and all you did was you profanity with us on the phone.  This serves No one..   Seems our only mistake was to do warranty work that we should have never done...

GS
GEOIRGE S.
Spring Hill, FL
11/14/2018
No service
Not enough service personnel to do the work.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 11/14/2018

Hi George my name is Harry Bergner I am the owner of the shop.  I'm sorry you felt like there was not enough staffing.    Honestly we have had everyone in the shop very ill with the flu and bad head colds several of us with fevers 102 + and have been a little short handed.   We are a small company and do not have people in reserve when someone is I'll.  Most of us are better now it was a trying time for all of us.  We have been at the location since 1997 and have run the same amount of employees and almost ever have this issue.  I would invite you back one more time I will do give you the oil change to give is another try.  Please feel free to contact me directly when your ready @  nasc@verizon.net

ROBERT M.
Palm Harbor, FL
GMC Terrain
04/03/2018
vehicle was damaged
left front fender and door trim damaged while vehicle was on the lift. took over 5 hours to get the oil change and tire rotation done. not a good experience
. quite dissatisfied.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/04/2018

First I would like to thank you for your business!

Also thank you for letting me know there was an issue with your service. I do remember you dropping off the vehicle for the oil change I was in the side office.  I am sure the time involved in doing your oil change was just a misunderstanding.  We assumed when you dropped it off that there was not time line or rush on it.   I apologize for that misunderstanding and will talk with Kevin about better communication on that so it does not happen again. Also I understand that the lift point tab on your vehicle had a bend in it and was repaired before you left. This does happen from time to time at the lift point on many vehicles  but should have been noticed and fixed before your vehicle was returned to you.  Jake the Tech who worked on your vehicle was written up on a disciplinary form and council-ed to insure this doesn't happen again.   I can assure you it will not happen again...   If you would like to stop by the shop any weekday morning I am always at the shop, if your still having concerns about your fender and will address them at that time.
I can assure you this is not normal for my shop.  I have been here at the same location since 1997.  I take seriously what my customers have to say and value your business, opinions and criticism when we make mistakes.  Please know this, your feed back is how I fix our mistakes.  Thank you for taking the time to let me know about this.  I would gladly offer your next oil change free of charge to show you we can do much better job.

Sincerely

RP
ROBERT P.
Port Richey, FL
04/03/2018
Awful service
Took way too long
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/05/2018

First Thank you for your business we do appreciate it very much.
I do remember you coming into the shop I was in the office off to the side of the service desk.  You asked if we could get you in for an oil change.  Kevin replied to you with we can get you in but do have people with appointments in front of you...  I agree with you that 1 hour and 44 min was long and much longer than normal especially if there was an appointment involved.  We are a full service facility and we do full service oil changes that include a tire rotation and a complete AAA inspection that we perform on every oil change service and does take 30-40 min normally.  We are not a quick lube and do not offer quick lube services.  I offer no excuses about the time at all.  All i can say to you is we were busy with customers with appointments that we had to finish prior to yours.  What i can say to you is I will be doing disciplinary write ups and councilling my staff on being more aware of time lines.  We are a busy shop and we do our best to make everyone happy.  All i know to offer you is I would gladly is your next oil change for no charge to show you the better side of our service and company.  All you need to do is contact the store make an appointment and bring this reply in with you.  Please do make an appointment is all i ask.  Again thank you for your business and I hope you will take me up on my offer.

I do take very seriously what my customers have to say including critisium and thank you for it.  Your concerns will be reviewed and issues found will be retified!

JOHN A.
Port Richey, FL
03/29/2018
Lost Hubcap
I went in for a simple oil change on Monday, March 26th, 2018 and specifically asked that my tires were not to be rotated, and I noticed the Tech was taking my tires off and asked what he was doing and he replied inspecting your brakes. When I got home I realized my hubcap was missing, so my $25.00 oil change has become a $45.00 hubcap search.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/02/2018

First we would like to thank you for your business.   Also thank you for making us aware of you situation with your hubcap.   I am also aware that Kevin has followed up with you and is in process of finding you a replacement hub cap.  You will hear from us shortly when your replacement cap is in.
 We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.   Please know we are all human and we do make mistakes but all you have to do is let s know and we will always take care of them.  Thank you again for your business you will hear from us soon.

AH
ALLAN H.
03/29/2018
Clean.
I was not satisfied.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/02/2018

First I would like to thank you for your business.  I have had Kevin reach out to you t understand what the issue was with your service.  We have tried several times to contact you and did leave you a message.   Please give us a call or stop by so we can attempt to rectify whatever the issue was with your service.   We have been operating at this location  for years and we always try our best to make our customers happy and do the right thing when we do make a mistake..  Please do give us a call or stop by so we can have the opportunity to understand what went wrong...

TW
Troy W.
02/13/2018
UPSALE! UPSALE!
These people do a good job,,,,BUT, they will try and sell you any UPSALE they can think of.......$16.99 coupon ended up being $30.......last time I was in there,,,,,,he told me on a 2015 Terrain that it need a new battery. Close to $200. Went up the street to an Auto Zone,,,,,5 mind later he told me my battery was over the normal level of amps/cells. Hmmmm, today was my last visit there.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 02/13/2018

Mr. Wagner.   First the battery test we performed was with a tester supplied to us from AAA motor club.  The tester did a print out stating your battery was in fact failing.  I wish i could post a picture of the print out of it we have here stating its condition.  Kevin asked you if you wanted the proper oil for your vehicle.  The coupon does not cover every oil for every car and in fact clearly says most cars...  As in your case you vehicle called for something other and we asked first for permission to use the proper oil and you agreed to that and the cost of that.  We do not ever go out of our way to up sell!   It is our job as professionals as a accredited  AAA motor club repair center and Napa Auto Care Centers to, one do the job correctly and to inform our customers of what we see. We would also state that Auto-zone is a auto parts retailer.  We are certified repair shop with certified Technicians.  There is a huge difference.

Please find a request for a re-rate

Kevin did speak with you this morning and we have mutually agreed we would as a courtesy refund the difference on your oil change..

BZ
BARB Z.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
11/15/2017
boo
Would never go back
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 11/20/2017

We understand that the issue you had with Kevin was resolved.   Thank you for your business we do appreciate it.
Also since we have resolved any issues we would appreciate if you would take the time to re rate this survey.

Harry Begner

Judy W.
Toyota Yaris
10/17/2017 Category: Service
Judy said that every time she takes her vehicle in for service they find other things that need to be done and fixed. She was supposed to have an oil change and tire rotation but they found other things that they said needed to be done. She took her vehicle to another unspecified business and they said she did not need to have anything done on her vehicle. She was happy she did not have to spend more money.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 10/18/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.   I understand Kevin the store manager was speaking with you this morning and has you coming back to the store for a re inspection.   I am glad we are able to work out the misunderstanding.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

BE
Ben E.
Florida
Chevrolet Silverado SS
08/24/2017 Category: Service
Ben said the business resolved any issues he had, which he really appreciates. The staff members took care of everything and again he's very happy and he will recommend them.

08/24/2017 Category: Service
Ben said everything else that was done was great but he had one issue with his visit. The oil gauge was dropping indicating low oil and the mechanic replaced the senders switch but the same thing was happening even before he left the parking lot. He informed the person at the front desk and was told to talk to the mechanic. The mechanic told Ben to go on Amazon and order the speedometer head and install this himself. Ben paid $100 for the switch he replaced and wondered if the mechanic replaced the right part. They told him they didn't even know. The front desk person was very professional and it was the mechanic he had problems with.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/14/2017

First we would like to thank you for your business.   My staff has reached out to you and has informed me the issues have been resolved.   Thank you for the  opportunity to correct the issue.   We will send you a re rate opportunity.

Thank you again for your business.  You can alway call or stop by and speak with me directly should you have any other concerns.

Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/14/2017

did you get our re rate request?

WS
Will S.
Saturn Sky
06/08/2017 Category: Service
Will said they told him that if he had an oil change done they would rotate his tires and they didn't.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 06/12/2017

Thank you for your business we do appreciate it very much.

Tire rotation was not done do to the condition of the tires noted in your file.

Harry Bernger

PR
PAMELA R.
Mercury Grand Marquis
05/07/2017
Problem not fixed
400.00 dollars and the fan still doesnt blow like it should , and the answer was i guess thats as good as it gets !! I had to bring it back twice , very disappointed
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 05/12/2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the issue with your car.  It was nice speaking with you.  Should you have any concerns or problems with your can do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Michael M.
Volkswagen Golf
12/14/2016 Category: Service
Michael said the business gave him a false diagnosis on what his vehicle's problem is. He is pretty sure they broke his vehicle and are refusing to take responsibility. The bumper was broken off the hinges and the light housing was broken. They are highly unprofessional and should not be in business.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/15/2016

First we always take responabilty for what we do always!

I can report that this vehicle was never assigned to a technition and was never brought into our repair shop or driven by us. It was a free check and we never drove the vehicle.  When we went to bring the vehilce in we could not shift the car to drive it.  The transmission had a problem. Hard to belive that we broke a bumper and light housing when we never drove the car?