Overall Rating 4.8333333/5Overall Rating 4.8333333/5Overall Rating 4.8333333/5Overall Rating 4.8333333/5rating 4.8333333
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

ROBERT M.
Palm Harbor, FL
GMC Terrain
04/03/2018
vehicle was damaged
left front fender and door trim damaged while vehicle was on the lift. took over 5 hours to get the oil change and tire rotation done. not a good experience
. quite dissatisfied.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/04/2018

First I would like to thank you for your business!

Also thank you for letting me know there was an issue with your service. I do remember you dropping off the vehicle for the oil change I was in the side office.  I am sure the time involved in doing your oil change was just a misunderstanding.  We assumed when you dropped it off that there was not time line or rush on it.   I apologize for that misunderstanding and will talk with Kevin about better communication on that so it does not happen again. Also I understand that the lift point tab on your vehicle had a bend in it and was repaired before you left. This does happen from time to time at the lift point on many vehicles  but should have been noticed and fixed before your vehicle was returned to you.  Jake the Tech who worked on your vehicle was written up on a disciplinary form and council-ed to insure this doesn't happen again.   I can assure you it will not happen again...   If you would like to stop by the shop any weekday morning I am always at the shop, if your still having concerns about your fender and will address them at that time.
I can assure you this is not normal for my shop.  I have been here at the same location since 1997.  I take seriously what my customers have to say and value your business, opinions and criticism when we make mistakes.  Please know this, your feed back is how I fix our mistakes.  Thank you for taking the time to let me know about this.  I would gladly offer your next oil change free of charge to show you we can do much better job.

Sincerely

RP
ROBERT P.
Port Richey, FL
04/03/2018
Awful service
Took way too long
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/05/2018

First Thank you for your business we do appreciate it very much.
I do remember you coming into the shop I was in the office off to the side of the service desk.  You asked if we could get you in for an oil change.  Kevin replied to you with we can get you in but do have people with appointments in front of you...  I agree with you that 1 hour and 44 min was long and much longer than normal especially if there was an appointment involved.  We are a full service facility and we do full service oil changes that include a tire rotation and a complete AAA inspection that we perform on every oil change service and does take 30-40 min normally.  We are not a quick lube and do not offer quick lube services.  I offer no excuses about the time at all.  All i can say to you is we were busy with customers with appointments that we had to finish prior to yours.  What i can say to you is I will be doing disciplinary write ups and councilling my staff on being more aware of time lines.  We are a busy shop and we do our best to make everyone happy.  All i know to offer you is I would gladly is your next oil change for no charge to show you the better side of our service and company.  All you need to do is contact the store make an appointment and bring this reply in with you.  Please do make an appointment is all i ask.  Again thank you for your business and I hope you will take me up on my offer.

I do take very seriously what my customers have to say including critisium and thank you for it.  Your concerns will be reviewed and issues found will be retified!

TW
Troy W.
02/13/2018
UPSALE! UPSALE!
These people do a good job,,,,BUT, they will try and sell you any UPSALE they can think of.......$16.99 coupon ended up being $30.......last time I was in there,,,,,,he told me on a 2015 Terrain that it need a new battery. Close to $200. Went up the street to an Auto Zone,,,,,5 mind later he told me my battery was over the normal level of amps/cells. Hmmmm, today was my last visit there.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 02/13/2018

Mr. Wagner.   First the battery test we performed was with a tester supplied to us from AAA motor club.  The tester did a print out stating your battery was in fact failing.  I wish i could post a picture of the print out of it we have here stating its condition.  Kevin asked you if you wanted the proper oil for your vehicle.  The coupon does not cover every oil for every car and in fact clearly says most cars...  As in your case you vehicle called for something other and we asked first for permission to use the proper oil and you agreed to that and the cost of that.  We do not ever go out of our way to up sell!   It is our job as professionals as a accredited  AAA motor club repair center and Napa Auto Care Centers to, one do the job correctly and to inform our customers of what we see. We would also state that Auto-zone is a auto parts retailer.  We are certified repair shop with certified Technicians.  There is a huge difference.

Please find a request for a re-rate

Kevin did speak with you this morning and we have mutually agreed we would as a courtesy refund the difference on your oil change..

BZ
barb z.
Leechburg, PA
11/15/2017
good service
Battery was hard to find they found it.

BZ
BARB Z.
New Port Richey, FL
Mazda MX-5 Miata
11/15/2017
boo
Would never go back
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 11/20/2017

We understand that the issue you had with Kevin was resolved.   Thank you for your business we do appreciate it.
Also since we have resolved any issues we would appreciate if you would take the time to re rate this survey.

Harry Begner

PR
PAMELA R.
Mercury Grand Marquis
05/07/2017
Problem not fixed
400.00 dollars and the fan still doesnt blow like it should , and the answer was i guess thats as good as it gets !! I had to bring it back twice , very disappointed
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 05/12/2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the issue with your car.  It was nice speaking with you.  Should you have any concerns or problems with your can do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Michael M.
New Port Richey, FL
Volkswagen Golf
12/14/2016 Category: Service
Michael said the business gave him a false diagnosis on what his vehicle's problem is. He is pretty sure they broke his vehicle and are refusing to take responsibility. The bumper was broken off the hinges and the light housing was broken. They are highly unprofessional and should not be in business.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/15/2016

First we always take responabilty for what we do always!

I can report that this vehicle was never assigned to a technition and was never brought into our repair shop or driven by us. It was a free check and we never drove the vehicle.  When we went to bring the vehilce in we could not shift the car to drive it.  The transmission had a problem. Hard to belive that we broke a bumper and light housing when we never drove the car?

COLIN B.
Kia Soul
10/28/2016
Owner proves customer service is priority
An owner who speaks directly to the customer, and owns mistakes, owns the kind of place I can respect and spend my money.

10/28/2016
Good service, lying service desk equals no return
Service manager refused my coupon, overcharged for an oil change that was on the coupon, and lied about seeing coupon when he physically handed it back to me and then took my keys for the car. The oil change was done in quick fashion
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 10/29/2016

First thank you for your business.   I can assure you as the owner this is not how I expect my staff to conduct business at all..   I will personally call you early this coming week and fix this with you.   Regardless of the circumstances I expect every customer to leave happy.   Please look forward to my call Monday or Tuesday Morning to get this resolved

Sincerely

Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 11/08/2016

Thank you for the re rating.  I do appreciate it, we do take pride in our service.  We always will stand behind what we do and if we make a mistake we will make it right.

Thanks Again

VZ
Vincent Z.
Port Richey, FL
09/03/2016
Rip off artist
The gm Paul g. Is a liar I brought my truck in for the ac leak had it for a day said it was compressor almost 600 bucks later said it was fixed then few days later wasn't cold. Then brought it back said it was a fuse said they pressure tested it and checked 3 times blows cold no leaks , went to pick it up not cold then brought it back again!!! This time apparently pressure tested again and said there was a leak in the high side line replaced checked it 3 times he said he personally checked it before he left and no leaks period I have all text messages to prove this went to pick it up wasn't cold so I left truck there to once again have it so called fixed, so monday rolls around and I get a text saying its leaking out of evaporater after they pressure checked it 3 times and guranteed no leaks wanna charge me $1,250.00 more to change more parts truck never left and was inconvienced w out truck for 2 weeks back and forth this is bullshit they lie to get not commission on parts he should be fired!!!!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/13/2016

It seems a shame that a person can take something so far out of context and left to name calling and profanity.

On the original repair the compressor was locked up, had a massive leak and was totally inoperative... This had to be changed first in order to get the system operating at all.  We were not aware of any other leaks prior to starting this repair and we were also un aware at the start of the repairs that the customer had jammed a pencil into the evaporator box to hold open a defective blend door open prior to the repair. Yes a few days later it did blow a fuse and no visible leaks and was done with no charge.  Days later not cold we found a steel line leaking.  Again replaced free of charge. Yes it did come back again we found that there was a leak inside the dash in the evaporator where the customer had jammed a pencil into that box to hold open a blend door that also needs to be replaced.   This is an older truck with multiple issues that were not known or visible prior to replacing the locked up leaking compressor.   We honor our warranty as always unfortunately there are many working parts in an ac system and we don't have a crystal ball as to when parts will fail in the future.

We stand by our repair and what we do just look at our overall rating and responses.

DJ
DAMOND J.
06/22/2016
Greed over loyalty
2. That is how many services I've had. 1st was a tranny. Upon running diagnostic it was determined a part in the tranny needed to be replaced. Somehow the starter went out during the procedure. I was charged and xtra 400 more than the initial quote. Wouldn't the original diagnostic test determine starter issues? It was broken by you and I was over charged. To spite my disdain. I returned yesterday for a trailer hitch. I had called all over town with the absolute highest quote being 375.00 with wiring. You charged me 500 for a hitch with NO electric. It's a shame. I'm loyal. I came back to give you another shot. Your work is overpriced. It a shame a few I'll gotten dollars are worth more to you than a repeat customer for years. Never coming back.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 06/22/2016

When you had your transmission repair months ago you did have a transmission issue.  During the diagnosis for the transmission the starter was working just fine.  We did not remove your starter during the repair process of your transmission.  When your repair was completed your starter simply stopped working.   It is an electrical part we didnt cause it to go bad and had no way to know it was about to fail.  Eletrical parts do fail without warning and this was no fault of ours...  When you came in yesterday for your trailer hitch installation we spoke and you made no mention of being unhappy?  Additionally the hitch we installed for you was a quality unit not china made and you had a 25 year master ASE tech installing it.  Our cost on just the hitch is right @ 300 dollars.  We also included the hitch ball kit.   We do mark up our parts like every other business aabout 40% and the technitions we employ are of a very high tech level not your average hourly tech.   However if you would be so kind to come to our shop any weekday morning I would like a chance to meet with you and and see if we can do something to make you happy.   Maybe we can install the electric for you or something that would make you feel you did get you moneys worth.  I would addtionally add we are not greedy and I am very loyal to my customers.  So please do come to the shop and lets talk so I can make this right for you.

DOUG B.
04/12/2016
stripped tire rim nut
The mechanic rounded the corners off off one tire nut.He said it was over tightened but I knowthe Dodge caravan has a decorative cover over the actual nut and requires a specific sized socket to prevent it from rounding the corners which happened.I was unhappy with the service so I went to another garage for them to try and remove it but the damage was already done.It cost me $170 to have the stud drilled out and a new stud & nut installed.I will never go back to this service center!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/12/2016

Fisrt off thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!  Our policy is should we break or damage anything we fix it not make excuses!   If had a conversation with Tony the employee that worked on your vehicle.  I did not like the response I received at all.  In light of that he was terminated on the spot!!   I take great pride in my service center. This is a family owned business and I am the owner all I can say is I am very sorry for this if you would be interested in speaking with me I would like the opportunity to make this right for u.   Again we take pride in what we do and this type of behavior is not tolerated.  At your convenience please give me a call at the shop I am in every weekday morning till about noon.  727.862.0500

DEBBIE B.
Saturn Ion 3
03/26/2016
Terrible service
I made an appointment for a oil change and tire rotation which was advertised at one price. They put the car on the lift after about 1/2 hour! Told them I would be back in twenty minutes. When I returned the car was still on lift?? they told me I needed front brakes, oil diagnostic check, air filter which all added up to over $40000 I declined They cashed me out and I asked why they did not rotatetires and they said you do not need it HORRIBLE
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 03/28/2016

We did do your oil change for the advertised price.   The reason no tire rotation was done your tires were in very bad condition and rotating them was not advisable.  There are many repairs needed on this car we only advise you as to what we see.  This car is 13 years old with 142798 miles on it.   Please feel free to get a second opinion.   We have a good reputation we dont rip people off.  In looking at the inspection sheet we do not see 4000 dollars of needed repairs.  Not sure where that number is coming from...
National Auto