Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
barb z. on 11/15/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"good service"
Battery was hard to find they found it.
Service Date: 11/13/2017
Vehicle: Mazda MX-5 Miata
Service Date: 11/06/2017
Review Created: 11/15/2017 04:27 AM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 11/20/2017

We understand that the issue you had with Kevin was resolved.   Thank you for your business we do appreciate it.
Also since we have resolved any issues we would appreciate if you would take the time to re rate this survey.

Harry Begner

PAMELA R. on 05/07/2017
"Problem not fixed"
400.00 dollars and the fan still doesnt blow like it should , and the answer was i guess thats as good as it gets !! I had to bring it back twice , very disappointed
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 04/18/2017
Review Created: 05/07/2017 09:48 PM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 05/12/2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the issue with your car.  It was nice speaking with you.  Should you have any concerns or problems with your can do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Michael M. on 12/14/2016
Michael said the business gave him a false diagnosis on what his vehicle's problem is. He is pretty sure they broke his vehicle and are refusing to take responsibility. The bumper was broken off the hinges and the light housing was broken. They are highly unprofessional and should not be in business.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf
Category: Service
Service Date: 12/07/2016
Review Created: 12/14/2016
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 12/15/2016

First we always take responabilty for what we do always!

I can report that this vehicle was never assigned to a technition and was never brought into our repair shop or driven by us. It was a free check and we never drove the vehicle.  When we went to bring the vehilce in we could not shift the car to drive it.  The transmission had a problem. Hard to belive that we broke a bumper and light housing when we never drove the car?

COLIN B. ReScore Review on 11/07/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Owner proves customer service is priority"
An owner who speaks directly to the customer, and owns mistakes, owns the kind of place I can respect and spend my money.
Vehicle: Kia Soul
Service Date: 10/28/2016
Review Created: 10/28/2016 09:43 PM

"Good service, lying service desk equals no return"
Service manager refused my coupon, overcharged for an oil change that was on the coupon, and lied about seeing coupon when he physically handed it back to me and then took my keys for the car. The oil change was done in quick fashion
Vehicle: Kia Soul
Service Date: 10/28/2016
Review Created: 10/28/2016 09:43 PM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 10/29/2016

First thank you for your business.   I can assure you as the owner this is not how I expect my staff to conduct business at all..   I will personally call you early this coming week and fix this with you.   Regardless of the circumstances I expect every customer to leave happy.   Please look forward to my call Monday or Tuesday Morning to get this resolved

Sincerely

Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 11/08/2016

Thank you for the re rating.  I do appreciate it, we do take pride in our service.  We always will stand behind what we do and if we make a mistake we will make it right.

Thanks Again

Vincent Z. on 09/03/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Rip off artist "
The gm Paul g. Is a liar I brought my truck in for the ac leak had it for a day said it was compressor almost 600 bucks later said it was fixed then few days later wasn't cold. Then brought it back said it was a fuse said they pressure tested it and checked 3 times blows cold no leaks , went to pick it up not cold then brought it back again!!! This time apparently pressure tested again and said there was a leak in the high side line replaced checked it 3 times he said he personally checked it before he left and no leaks period I have all text messages to prove this went to pick it up wasn't cold so I left truck there to once again have it so called fixed, so monday rolls around and I get a text saying its leaking out of evaporater after they pressure checked it 3 times and guranteed no leaks wanna charge me $1,250.00 more to change more parts truck never left and was inconvienced w out truck for 2 weeks back and forth this is bullshit they lie to get not commission on parts he should be fired!!!!
Service Date: 09/03/2016
Review Created: 09/03/2016 05:24 AM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 09/13/2016

It seems a shame that a person can take something so far out of context and left to name calling and profanity.

On the original repair the compressor was locked up, had a massive leak and was totally inoperative... This had to be changed first in order to get the system operating at all.  We were not aware of any other leaks prior to starting this repair and we were also un aware at the start of the repairs that the customer had jammed a pencil into the evaporator box to hold open a defective blend door open prior to the repair. Yes a few days later it did blow a fuse and no visible leaks and was done with no charge.  Days later not cold we found a steel line leaking.  Again replaced free of charge. Yes it did come back again we found that there was a leak inside the dash in the evaporator where the customer had jammed a pencil into that box to hold open a blend door that also needs to be replaced.   This is an older truck with multiple issues that were not known or visible prior to replacing the locked up leaking compressor.   We honor our warranty as always unfortunately there are many working parts in an ac system and we don't have a crystal ball as to when parts will fail in the future.

We stand by our repair and what we do just look at our overall rating and responses.

DAMOND J. on 06/22/2016
"Greed over loyalty"
2. That is how many services I've had. 1st was a tranny. Upon running diagnostic it was determined a part in the tranny needed to be replaced. Somehow the starter went out during the procedure. I was charged and xtra 400 more than the initial quote. Wouldn't the original diagnostic test determine starter issues? It was broken by you and I was over charged. To spite my disdain. I returned yesterday for a trailer hitch. I had called all over town with the absolute highest quote being 375.00 with wiring. You charged me 500 for a hitch with NO electric. It's a shame. I'm loyal. I came back to give you another shot. Your work is overpriced. It a shame a few I'll gotten dollars are worth more to you than a repeat customer for years. Never coming back.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 06/21/2016
Review Created: 06/22/2016 04:40 AM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 06/22/2016

When you had your transmission repair months ago you did have a transmission issue.  During the diagnosis for the transmission the starter was working just fine.  We did not remove your starter during the repair process of your transmission.  When your repair was completed your starter simply stopped working.   It is an electrical part we didnt cause it to go bad and had no way to know it was about to fail.  Eletrical parts do fail without warning and this was no fault of ours...  When you came in yesterday for your trailer hitch installation we spoke and you made no mention of being unhappy?  Additionally the hitch we installed for you was a quality unit not china made and you had a 25 year master ASE tech installing it.  Our cost on just the hitch is right @ 300 dollars.  We also included the hitch ball kit.   We do mark up our parts like every other business aabout 40% and the technitions we employ are of a very high tech level not your average hourly tech.   However if you would be so kind to come to our shop any weekday morning I would like a chance to meet with you and and see if we can do something to make you happy.   Maybe we can install the electric for you or something that would make you feel you did get you moneys worth.  I would addtionally add we are not greedy and I am very loyal to my customers.  So please do come to the shop and lets talk so I can make this right for you.

DOUG B. on 04/12/2016
"stripped tire rim nut"
The mechanic rounded the corners off off one tire nut.He said it was over tightened but I knowthe Dodge caravan has a decorative cover over the actual nut and requires a specific sized socket to prevent it from rounding the corners which happened.I was unhappy with the service so I went to another garage for them to try and remove it but the damage was already done.It cost me $170 to have the stud drilled out and a new stud & nut installed.I will never go back to this service center!
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 04/06/2016
Review Created: 04/12/2016 01:09 PM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 04/12/2016

Fisrt off thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!  Our policy is should we break or damage anything we fix it not make excuses!   If had a conversation with Tony the employee that worked on your vehicle.  I did not like the response I received at all.  In light of that he was terminated on the spot!!   I take great pride in my service center. This is a family owned business and I am the owner all I can say is I am very sorry for this if you would be interested in speaking with me I would like the opportunity to make this right for u.   Again we take pride in what we do and this type of behavior is not tolerated.  At your convenience please give me a call at the shop I am in every weekday morning till about noon.  727.862.0500

DEBBIE B. on 03/26/2016
"Terrible service"
I made an appointment for a oil change and tire rotation which was advertised at one price. They put the car on the lift after about 1/2 hour! Told them I would be back in twenty minutes. When I returned the car was still on lift?? they told me I needed front brakes, oil diagnostic check, air filter which all added up to over $40000 I declined They cashed me out and I asked why they did not rotatetires and they said you do not need it HORRIBLE
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 3
Service Date: 03/17/2016
Review Created: 03/26/2016 07:31 PM
Harry B., President at National Auto Service responded on 03/28/2016

We did do your oil change for the advertised price.   The reason no tire rotation was done your tires were in very bad condition and rotating them was not advisable.  There are many repairs needed on this car we only advise you as to what we see.  This car is 13 years old with 142798 miles on it.   Please feel free to get a second opinion.   We have a good reputation we dont rip people off.  In looking at the inspection sheet we do not see 4000 dollars of needed repairs.  Not sure where that number is coming from...
National Auto