Sebring West Automotive

GILBERT Z. on 08/16/2017
"Unsatisfactory results"
This is the second time that I have taken this particular vehicle in to Sebring West only to be told that they could not fix the problem. Less than a year ago we took this vehicle in with transmission issues only to find that it needed a new transmission. $4,500 + dollars later the vehicle was kept two days longer than we were told it was going to take while finding out that the technician who worked on the vehicle cause a short while reassembling the transmission which shorted out the computer. The vehicle was then taken to Michael's Chevrolet to complete the repairs where a new computer was installed and then we were able to pick up our vehicle. That expense of $1,200.oo + was at the expense of Sebring West. This time I took the same vehicle in because it has been doing some very odd things such as the EC Brake Traction flashes on the dash when started and it does not allow you to put it in gear as the shifter remains locked for several minutes before releasing. Being that it is a brake function I have huge concerns because it is my wife's car and her safety is number one! The vehicle was in your shop for every bit of two and a half days only to be told that they could not fix the problem because they were not equipped with the tools needed!
So, my question is this, we never failed when it came to paying for any services rendered and the vehicle has never ran the same ever since the transmission job was done. But with the answers given by the service manager Darrell, why would we even ever consider taking back to you guys when you are not equipped with the necessary tools needed. ARE YOU A MECHANIC SHOP OR NOT?
Nowhere in your advertisement does it state, "Only selected jobs done"!!
I have spent good amounts of money at Sebring West. All I will say is, outside of the warranty left on what work was performed on the vehicle in the past "Transmission", we will never return to this shop as they have very clearly specified that they are not equipped with the proper tools!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/15/2017
Review Created: 08/16/2017 11:14 PM
Brian P. at Sebring West Automotive responded on 08/22/2017

Gilbert, my name is Brian. I am the service manager. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with us. We do appreciate your review. However, we do everything possible in attempt to perform complete diagnoses of vehicles that is why your car was here for over 2 days. We spent as much time as possible to figure out the problem you bring you vehicle in for. Unfortunately not all the information is available from the numerous manufacturers in order to properly diagnose all vehicles produced. There are some cases that it is in the best interest of the customer to seek dealership assistance. I hope you understand the situation and can find it in yourself to give us another chance to gain back your trust. Please call me if you have any questions or comments. Thank you.

DENNIS B. on 06/06/2016
"2009 Nissan Versa - Too Old to Repair"
I relied on the expertise of Sebring and it turns out my vehicle was too old with too many issues to repair (7 years, 127,000). In the course of 18 months, I spent $3,600 on repairs. Just days after the last repair ($1,600), the CVT transmission starting having problems (repair estimate $600 to $4000). The vehicle's Kelley blue book was $3,700. It would have been nice for an automotive expert to say here are the pros and cons of repairing a vehicle this old.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa