Nissan 240SX
08/10/2019
Dont know if techs are certified but it doesn't seem like it.
Waste of money.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 08/12/2019

I know receiving bad news about our cars is never easy.

Our techs are fully certified.  We have Master ASE Certified Technicians

From what I understand they were able to diagnose and issue with a timing chain you tried yourself?

Sometimes major repairs like this are better left a certified professional to avoid engine damage.

If I can help in any way please feel free to reach out to me.

Volkswagen Passat
03/14/2019
Outrageous Prices
Over $200.00 to do a diagnostic check?! Seriously?
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/15/2019

While we do initial diagnoses without charge, including pulling fault codes for check engine lights, there are times where specific tests need to be run to get to the bottom of the problems.  When this happens we always stop and only run the tests if it is something the customer feels comfortable doing.  We understand on a high mileage car a $200 investment may not make sense.  If I can help you personally please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Joe M.
11/13/2018
Worst Experience
I had brought my car here spent over 1400 to fix it up...first brought it back home it didn't start back up they towed it said they fixed it that they forgot to put back on a screw near the battery ...I took it home then it still wasn't starting I had to find my own way to get it there it was a struggle...I kepted my car there about a month or longer they couldn't find the problem I took my car home after a while then it started over heating worst Experience finally today had to junk my car I was sad and hurt lost out on the money I spent.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 11/14/2018

I am so sorry you had to give up on your Impala.  I know it had a lot of miles, with a little over 190,000 and we were doing what we could to help keep it on the road for you.  There is a good chance the stop leak you added helped to lead to some of the overheating problems and we recommend customers avoid using it for future reference.

Mike P.
Englewood, CO
Ford Expedition
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Mike said he was very disappointed with the service. The business had his vehicle for two and a half days. During that time, one of the tail lights was broken. He stated that the business said it was his fault and took no blame for the damage.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 09/26/2018

When we find a broken item you removed our options are very limited.  We assure you if we break and item we are always happy to replace it.  We wish you the best.

Jeff T.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport
01/06/2018
Need help
Nothing I needed fixing was fixed. Took the vehicle for a 5 mile ride and the exact same issues came about.

VV
Vicente V.
Hyundai Tiburon
08/05/2017
Definitely not specialist, They did transmison work and now I have to hire someone else to finish the job. I dropped over 4.500 in that shop never again.
High priced, just for claiming being specialist. Can't even finish a job right. Don't know how to order the right part etc... Never going back. They took me .
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 08/15/2017

Vincente, We are happy to help if there is something we can do.  I sent you an email and tried your phone several times.  Please feel free to contact me personally.

LEE S.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
03/30/2017
Mitsubishi Eclipse
When the vehicle was returned there were vacuum lines not hooked up and the egr was not connected. The egr gasket and nuts are missing.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/31/2017

Lee,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to the Sure Critic Survey. We know when a car gets to the end of its life and a diagnosis of an engine being worn out is given it is never easy for any of us.  While the vacuum line you are seeing is one that is no longer needed, the EGR gasket is something we would be more than happy to help you with.
We also are more than happy to help you with a Used Car Inspection as we all go through the process of saying good bye to this car and helping you find a great one to replace it with.

Don S.
Acura RDX
03/26/2017
AC working, but no Navigation and grease stains in car
I took my car in to get the AC repaired and left with the Navigation not working and grease stains in the car.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/27/2017

Don,  Let me start by apologizing for getting a grease stain on your car.  Even on a big job like this it shouldn't have happened and I am sorry.
On the Navigation, I thought this was discussed, but we would be happy to pick up the car and get it cleaned and get the Navigation set.
Brandi also mentioned a concern with a Friends and Family discount and that did get applied,  Elise took 10% off of the labor and did $75.00 off the part.
Please let me know what I can do to help.
Al

Matthew B.
Lexus ES 350
02/21/2017 Category: Service
Matthew said the price to repair the alternator in his vehicle was too expensive.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/22/2017

Matthew, As I recall, our price we quoted was much lower than the other shops you had looked at and we went ahead and rechecked your complete electrical system and charged your battery for free.  I hope you understand we can’t compete on price with someone who works out of their garage at home. I am happy to hear your family friend was able to save you some money doing the repair in his garage.

LA
Lawrence A.
Colorado
Land Rover Discovery
01/10/2017 Category: Service
Lawrence said he paid this business and they took his money, but they did not fix anything. They told him to take the vehicle back in and he hopes they will be able to fix it when he does.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 01/20/2017

Lawrence, Thanks for bringing your car back in so we could do the additional tests.  It sounds like we are making good headway at this point and am looking forward to having a 100% fix for the starting issue we have experienced.

GR
Gary R.
Nissan Pathfinder
09/04/2016
Was treated with attitude and wadtold one thing and did another we paid $ 1,600.00 dollers felt wr shoyld been treated better our secind time there. Just rude and disappointed
I didn't appreciate the attitude in being told when they had my truck all morning and day and instead of keeping us as customers. You lost us as customers and lost money.I wish we NEVER WENT in first place and wast our time.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 09/06/2016

We know it has been a frustrating experience since you purchased the truck from a friend and we are sorry about that.  If we can assist you with your check engine light we are more than happy to.  Feel free to reach out to me personally, Al Anderson (303)872-0007

Maddie/Diane C.
07/25/2016
Not so happy!
I brought my Honda Civic in for a problem with the air conditioner not blowing cold air after driving for 15 minutes. A recharge and evacuation was done, which is standard for air conditioner repairs and diagnosis, I was told. A "50/50 chance" it would fix my problem. Well, it did not fix the AC. So, $100 later and no resolution, I brought my car back a second time to dig deeper for a problem. Brought the car back in on a Friday morning, didn't hear word from anyone until Monday at 5:30 (without my car all weekend), that there was nothing significantly wrong with my AC that was detectable after being "run all day". A $20 valve was replaced, and I was ensured that was all they could find wrong with it. I picked up my car to find hardly any gas left in it after I assume it had been "run all day". Not a great way to really satisfy customers or ask for repeat business by leaving the gas tank completely empty when picking up vehicles.

Drove my car home, and the AC was STILL not working properly. I have a hard time believing that they even drove my car to experience the actual problem I described to try and resolve it. Let alone driving it to ensure it actually worked before telling me it was fixed. I will not be bringing any of my cars back to Japanese Specialists. I was highly dissatisfied, especially since several of my family members (including myself) have been customers here for a long time. I won't recommend this place or be returning.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 08/24/2016

Maddie,
We are all saddened to hear we didn't solve your concnern with regard to your A/C.  As you mentioned in an effort to try and duplicate the problem we drove and ran your car low on fuel.  I also understand Elise called to make sure you were happy several days after the repair and offered to pick up your car to do everything we can to help.
Please accept our sincere apology and know we are willing to do whatever we can to help.

Christine S.
GMC Yukon XL
06/30/2016 Category: Service
Christine said this business told her they would do a complete diagnostic on her vehicle within 1 hour. They were done in 10 minutes. They left her lights on. She said she probably will not be returning.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 07/12/2016

Hello Christine,

We appreciate your survey. We are glad we could be so expedient on the diagnosis. We apologize for leaving your lights on. All said though, we are not sure if you meant to give us a one star review considering that you were given an affordable estimate in a timely fashion for free. If you are concerned with the level of service you received please call Al or Ryan at 303-781-4313.

Bill H.
04/29/2016
nothing
While I believe the service recommended would have made my brakes better, I also believe that service was completely unnecessary. A minor fix would have been perfect, instead a $450. major brake job was trying to be sold to me. I can only conclude that as a señor citizen I was seen as an easy mark. Also was told water pump and valve cover gaskets were leaking, neither of witch is true. I will not be back!
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 05/02/2016

Bill, Thanks for taking the time to give us the review.  In all cases we are always happy to put our customer's vehicle in the air to show them repairs we find on their cars.  If you are interested in seeing what we found for yourself, I would be happy to meet with you one, have one of the techs get the car up in the air, and walk you out to show you.

AI
Art I.
Nissan Pathfinder
04/18/2016 Category: Service
Art said he had a horrible experience with the business and it was the worst. Jordan, an employee there did not show that he cared about the problems with his vehicle. He had a terrible and bad attitude with him and he could tell by his look and the way he talked to him. He was charged twice for the repair and the never got that issue resolved with them.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 05/12/2016

Art, Thanks for bringing the car back in again.  From everything we understand we finally have the problem resolved.  I know the repair involved several shops but am glad to hear we were the one to finally get it fixed.  Al Anderson

AK
ASHLEY K.
Aurora, CO
MINI Cooper
03/16/2016
Oil change disaster
It took nearly an hour and a half to get my oil changed on a Monday and by Wednesday all the oil had leaked out of my car because the tech forgot to put the plug back in. My garage floor is now stained, I could have ruined my car by driving it unknowingly leaking oil and then I had to go get another oil change and wait another 45 mins. I don't live close to the shop so with the traffic it takes me forever to get home. Also when the tech "reset" the dash notifications to tell me when my next oil change should be it was set to 3/2018 and he cleared my odometer of current gas mileage....I was told that the next oil change date would be corrected and it wasn't. I haven't ever had a bad experience here until last week, I am understanding to the fact that mistakes happen and nobody is perfect but these things all adding up in my head will definitely make me think twice before coming back.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/16/2016

Ashley, We are so sorry about the oil leak from a defective drain plug gasket.  Since I understand we have the leak all fixed now, we are also more than happy to have an employee go out to your house and use a combination of degreaser and a pressure washer to minimize the stain if it will help.  Please let Elise know if there is a date and time to get this taken care of.

GP
Grant P.
10/29/2018
Return trip required
After service I was headed home and the clutch linkage cane apart in the midst of a construction zone. After the tow home I found the conection had popped apart and I was able to put it back together. It only cost me the tiw fee to get it out of the road. I received a call that not every thig else had been reassembled on the vehicle and had to make an additional teip for correction.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 10/30/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience and are more than happy to look at your truck to see if this is something we can help you with.

Buick LeSabre
02/20/2019
Service fine - part price felt excessive
I was not happy with the estimated cost of future repairs. Brakes were done 6 1/2 months earlier and they are worn down already after 596 miles. Estimate seemed very excessive to do the same repair again. I have recommended several people to get their service done here and all of them were pleased. I don't feel I can continue to make recommendations. I was never disappointed prior to this visit.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/21/2019

Hopefully our offer helped to correct this.

DV
Dan V.
Nissan Titan
02/15/2019
Disappointed
During my recent visit certain services were recommended that had already been completed during a previous service less than 10k miles ago. Also the multi point inspection listed that my air filter and lights were good. The air filter was in really bad shape and the front drivers side head lamp is out. So much for the multi point inspection.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/18/2019

Dan,
It does sound like we dropped the ball on your vehicle inspection and for that I apologize.
Please reach out to my Service Manager, Jamie or me personally and I would be happy to try and help.
Sincerely,

PE
Patty E.
Nissan Xterra
01/19/2019
Some great, some not so great
Loved the work done on the vehicle. Not so impressed with how the theft from the vehicle was handled.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 01/29/2019

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Please reach out to me persoanlly.