Nissan 240SX
08/10/2019
Dont know if techs are certified but it doesn't seem like it.
Waste of money.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 08/12/2019

I know receiving bad news about our cars is never easy.

Our techs are fully certified.  We have Master ASE Certified Technicians

From what I understand they were able to diagnose and issue with a timing chain you tried yourself?

Sometimes major repairs like this are better left a certified professional to avoid engine damage.

If I can help in any way please feel free to reach out to me.

Volkswagen Passat
03/14/2019
Outrageous Prices
Over $200.00 to do a diagnostic check?! Seriously?
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/15/2019

While we do initial diagnoses without charge, including pulling fault codes for check engine lights, there are times where specific tests need to be run to get to the bottom of the problems.  When this happens we always stop and only run the tests if it is something the customer feels comfortable doing.  We understand on a high mileage car a $200 investment may not make sense.  If I can help you personally please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Buick LeSabre
02/20/2019
Service fine - part price felt excessive
I was not happy with the estimated cost of future repairs. Brakes were done 6 1/2 months earlier and they are worn down already after 596 miles. Estimate seemed very excessive to do the same repair again. I have recommended several people to get their service done here and all of them were pleased. I don't feel I can continue to make recommendations. I was never disappointed prior to this visit.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/21/2019

Hopefully our offer helped to correct this.

Aurora, CO
11/20/2018
Generous review
There was a time when just looking to see what the problem is was free or very inexpensive. Not only did i have to pay for this allot more than expected I would have had to pay for them just to return it to the original condition. Which due to the condition of the vehicle could not be done. I was not told of this before hand. Knows a little about cars I don't think 2 rounds of diagnostics were at all necessary.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 11/21/2018

We take pride in doing a free inspection on every car and many times we can diagnose a car without our customer ever having a bill.  In this case we did need to disassemble the right side of the engine to determine the internal failure and did give you the option before we did the disassembly.
We always try to keep costs in line but internal engine damage sometimes takes diagnoses dollars.

11/20/2018
First time
Elise was wonderful! I’m satisfied with the work done. However waiting 30 minutes after my truck was done and pulled out front was VERY annoying. I understand you have to teach new people but it would be nice if it wasn’t done on your customers time. I was the only customer in the waiting area and It was excruciating listening to four employees talk while the one new guy stumbled through my paperwork. Not the best first impression. But I am thankful for how nice everyone was and how clean the customer area is.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 11/21/2018

You are 100% correct.  We should not have taken your time to train our new employee and we apologize.
Sincerely,

Joe M.
11/13/2018
Worst Experience
I had brought my car here spent over 1400 to fix it up...first brought it back home it didn't start back up they towed it said they fixed it that they forgot to put back on a screw near the battery ...I took it home then it still wasn't starting I had to find my own way to get it there it was a struggle...I kepted my car there about a month or longer they couldn't find the problem I took my car home after a while then it started over heating worst Experience finally today had to junk my car I was sad and hurt lost out on the money I spent.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 11/14/2018

I am so sorry you had to give up on your Impala.  I know it had a lot of miles, with a little over 190,000 and we were doing what we could to help keep it on the road for you.  There is a good chance the stop leak you added helped to lead to some of the overheating problems and we recommend customers avoid using it for future reference.

GP
Grant P.
10/29/2018
Return trip required
After service I was headed home and the clutch linkage cane apart in the midst of a construction zone. After the tow home I found the conection had popped apart and I was able to put it back together. It only cost me the tiw fee to get it out of the road. I received a call that not every thig else had been reassembled on the vehicle and had to make an additional teip for correction.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 10/30/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience and are more than happy to look at your truck to see if this is something we can help you with.

Mike P.
Englewood, CO
Ford Expedition
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Mike said he was very disappointed with the service. The business had his vehicle for two and a half days. During that time, one of the tail lights was broken. He stated that the business said it was his fault and took no blame for the damage.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 09/26/2018

When we find a broken item you removed our options are very limited.  We assure you if we break and item we are always happy to replace it.  We wish you the best.

CV
Chandramouli V.
Englewood, CO
09/22/2018 Category: Service
Chandramouli said the business was very expensive.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 09/24/2018

While we do try to keep our costs down as much as we can we know with highly trained technicians and factory parts we aren't always the cheapest in town.  We will always try to keep our costs down as low as we can for you.

BG
Bob G.
Colorado
Toyota Avalon
02/06/2018 Category: Service
Bob said that the business got the issue resolved and everything is great.

02/06/2018 Category: Service
Bob said the business didn't fix his battery and when he goes too fast he hears a noise from his vehicle that was not there before.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/09/2018

Bob,  I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

Is there a time you can bring the car in for us to take a look at it for you?

VV
Vicente V.
Hyundai Tiburon
08/05/2017
Definitely not specialist, They did transmison work and now I have to hire someone else to finish the job. I dropped over 4.500 in that shop never again.
High priced, just for claiming being specialist. Can't even finish a job right. Don't know how to order the right part etc... Never going back. They took me .
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 08/15/2017

Vincente, We are happy to help if there is something we can do.  I sent you an email and tried your phone several times.  Please feel free to contact me personally.

LEE S.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
03/30/2017
Mitsubishi Eclipse
When the vehicle was returned there were vacuum lines not hooked up and the egr was not connected. The egr gasket and nuts are missing.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/31/2017

Lee,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to the Sure Critic Survey. We know when a car gets to the end of its life and a diagnosis of an engine being worn out is given it is never easy for any of us.  While the vacuum line you are seeing is one that is no longer needed, the EGR gasket is something we would be more than happy to help you with.
We also are more than happy to help you with a Used Car Inspection as we all go through the process of saying good bye to this car and helping you find a great one to replace it with.

Don S.
Acura RDX
03/26/2017
AC working, but no Navigation and grease stains in car
I took my car in to get the AC repaired and left with the Navigation not working and grease stains in the car.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 03/27/2017

Don,  Let me start by apologizing for getting a grease stain on your car.  Even on a big job like this it shouldn't have happened and I am sorry.
On the Navigation, I thought this was discussed, but we would be happy to pick up the car and get it cleaned and get the Navigation set.
Brandi also mentioned a concern with a Friends and Family discount and that did get applied,  Elise took 10% off of the labor and did $75.00 off the part.
Please let me know what I can do to help.
Al

Matthew B.
Lexus ES 350
02/21/2017 Category: Service
Matthew said the price to repair the alternator in his vehicle was too expensive.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/22/2017

Matthew, As I recall, our price we quoted was much lower than the other shops you had looked at and we went ahead and rechecked your complete electrical system and charged your battery for free.  I hope you understand we can’t compete on price with someone who works out of their garage at home. I am happy to hear your family friend was able to save you some money doing the repair in his garage.

PC
Pat C.
Honda Accord
02/07/2017
Not
We made an appointment for a oil change. We asked for Mobil One 5/20. We arrived at 8 am to find a nice people and pleasant lobby. The Mobil One was not their standard oil and they had not ordered it, they did call in for a quick delivery. Twenty min later the wrong oil was delivered. Once the second delivery arrived oil was changed. Total of one hour for oil change. My husband was quoted on the phone ,$59 dollars for the change including oil. The bill came to $98 with a coupon.
This was not our first time at this shop. Two years ago We had a 2004 Nissan that they spent a week and half trying to fix allot of mishaps. We decided to try again.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 02/07/2017

Pat, We have to appologize since we didn't make any notes on your appointment showing a request for Mobile One.  While our sythetic oil changes, using our bulk sythetic fluids does run $59.95 on many cars, when we have to buy a customer's requested brand of oil many times we can't be as competative.  Also, you mention you wanted 5/20 but if you look at your receipt you will see we use the manufactures required 0/20 oil.  many of the new cars today are requiring this very specific weight to help improve fuel economy.

We have meet with our staff to try and make sure they know how important it is to notate any mention of request to use non-stocked oils and once again appologize.

LA
Lawrence A.
Colorado
Land Rover Discovery
01/10/2017 Category: Service
Lawrence said he paid this business and they took his money, but they did not fix anything. They told him to take the vehicle back in and he hopes they will be able to fix it when he does.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 01/20/2017

Lawrence, Thanks for bringing your car back in so we could do the additional tests.  It sounds like we are making good headway at this point and am looking forward to having a 100% fix for the starting issue we have experienced.

DF
David F.
12/15/2016 Category: Service
David said the business missed the small details of the appointment, they didn't check the tires for air and they didn't place a reminder sticker with his mileage. He said it was a trustworthy business before the ownership changed. Now it seems they are more concerned about time and money rather than the customers. He bought windshield wipers. They forgot to give him the wipers and they were not installed. He has to keep returning to the business to get work done, because they don't complete work the first time. He had an estimate performed and it was $60 to $70 higher for the same work he wanted done 3 months prior.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 12/19/2016

David,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. We all know that details make the difference between an outstanding organization and one that is unacceptable.  We met with the tech and the shop foreman regarding your concerns related to both the oil change sticker and the portion of the courtesy inspection that includes tire pressure and we apologize for an incompleteness.  With regard to wiper blades, I can’t see any record of wiper blades being billed on your invoices and  Jordan couldn’t recall a conversation related to such.  Any additional information you have here would be helpful.

I did pull the estimates since more than minor price fluctuations are uncommon.  Looking at the notes and pricing it looks like when they originally talked to you about a leaking valve cover gasket some months ago they didn’t feel it would be necessary to recommend a complete engine steam clean.  As the leak continued to progress they felt the oil needed to get cleaned off all the engine components to prevent damage/odor.  Our steam cleans including putting the car in the air and pressure washing the engine from all angles to remove as much as the contaminates as possible.  The change in price was primarily the extra work to get the steam clean done.

Once again we apologize for missing your oil change sticker and not getting the tires properly aired up.  If you decide to address the oil leak we will go ahead and do it for the early quoted price that didn’t include a steam clean do that for no extra charge.

GR
Gary R.
Nissan Pathfinder
09/04/2016
Was treated with attitude and wadtold one thing and did another we paid $ 1,600.00 dollers felt wr shoyld been treated better our secind time there. Just rude and disappointed
I didn't appreciate the attitude in being told when they had my truck all morning and day and instead of keeping us as customers. You lost us as customers and lost money.I wish we NEVER WENT in first place and wast our time.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 09/06/2016

We know it has been a frustrating experience since you purchased the truck from a friend and we are sorry about that.  If we can assist you with your check engine light we are more than happy to.  Feel free to reach out to me personally, Al Anderson (303)872-0007

Maddie/Diane C.
07/25/2016
Not so happy!
I brought my Honda Civic in for a problem with the air conditioner not blowing cold air after driving for 15 minutes. A recharge and evacuation was done, which is standard for air conditioner repairs and diagnosis, I was told. A "50/50 chance" it would fix my problem. Well, it did not fix the AC. So, $100 later and no resolution, I brought my car back a second time to dig deeper for a problem. Brought the car back in on a Friday morning, didn't hear word from anyone until Monday at 5:30 (without my car all weekend), that there was nothing significantly wrong with my AC that was detectable after being "run all day". A $20 valve was replaced, and I was ensured that was all they could find wrong with it. I picked up my car to find hardly any gas left in it after I assume it had been "run all day". Not a great way to really satisfy customers or ask for repeat business by leaving the gas tank completely empty when picking up vehicles.

Drove my car home, and the AC was STILL not working properly. I have a hard time believing that they even drove my car to experience the actual problem I described to try and resolve it. Let alone driving it to ensure it actually worked before telling me it was fixed. I will not be bringing any of my cars back to Japanese Specialists. I was highly dissatisfied, especially since several of my family members (including myself) have been customers here for a long time. I won't recommend this place or be returning.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 08/24/2016

Maddie,
We are all saddened to hear we didn't solve your concnern with regard to your A/C.  As you mentioned in an effort to try and duplicate the problem we drove and ran your car low on fuel.  I also understand Elise called to make sure you were happy several days after the repair and offered to pick up your car to do everything we can to help.
Please accept our sincere apology and know we are willing to do whatever we can to help.

Christine S.
GMC Yukon XL
06/30/2016 Category: Service
Christine said this business told her they would do a complete diagnostic on her vehicle within 1 hour. They were done in 10 minutes. They left her lights on. She said she probably will not be returning.
Al A. from The Auto Station responded on 07/12/2016

Hello Christine,

We appreciate your survey. We are glad we could be so expedient on the diagnosis. We apologize for leaving your lights on. All said though, we are not sure if you meant to give us a one star review considering that you were given an affordable estimate in a timely fashion for free. If you are concerned with the level of service you received please call Al or Ryan at 303-781-4313.