Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

CT
CHARLES T.
10/14/2015
They were able to find the hole in my tire when my dealership couldn't.

AC
AMY C.
10/14/2015
Overpriced diagnostic test
My family and I have been bringing our vehicles to VA tire and auto for over five years. The service used to be excellent when Jack was the manager there. I've noticed a significant decrease in service and suggestions on automotive care. For example, we used to get straight answers on what services were absolutely crucial and those that could wait on being performed. I think that was my favorite aspect of VA tire and auto...straight, honest customer service. That's why we kept bringing our business there because most other automotive centers use the "scare" tactic and try to get you to pay for every single maintenance service imaginable. Our most recent service was for a check engine light. We thought it was related to some sensors we had replaced in July. Instead the diagnostic test revealed some error codes that we've been aware of for years but haven't had fixed because it doesn't affect safety or the vehicle's performance. As a result, we had to pay $121 for the test. I completely understand that there should be a charge, after all there's labor involved but you can't honestly tell me that plugging a diagnostic reader into a car costs $121 in labor.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

Thank you for your feedback.

BK
BRADY K.
10/11/2015
Quick, fast, friendly
in and out quickly. No hassle, they did the job and I was on my way. That's what I like

LK
LOUIS K.
10/11/2015
Battery Replacement
Virginia Tire took me right away. I had my car running while I informed the counter that if I stopped the car it wouldn't restart. I was taken right away and the battery replacement solved the problem.

SG
STEVEN G.
Acura TL
10/10/2015
Awful service
Went in for a tire repair and was told that the tire could not be repaired. The service person recommended a tire and said that they would be ordered. Went in the next day to pick up my car only to find out tires were never ordered. This caused me to miss some very important meetings. When my car was ready I found all four tires had much different tire pressure and one of the stem covers was missing
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

Our apologies for this inconvenience. There was a delivery error which caused this mistake. We took every step imaginable to correct this issue but unfortunately we are unable to give you the time you missed back. Thank you for allowing us to correct this mistake.

RV
ROGER V.
Jeep Patriot
10/09/2015
Excellent Customer Service
I would like to thank the staff member (mechanic) who attended me early yesterday morning, He truly made my day. All places need to have employees just like him. I would say most of the employees that I ever talked to whether on the phone or in person have always been helpful, courteous and professional. Wouldn't trade this place for any other auto shop in the neighborhood.

CL
CARRIE\JOHN L.
10/08/2015
Wait is too long
It should not take 1.5 hours to complete an oil change, particularly when I had scheduled an appointment.

LD
LINDA and JERRY D.
10/05/2015
Fast, efficient, and responsive
Our dealer-prescribed service was handled quickly and efficiently. Technicians also addressed one item of concern (brakes) by giving detailed feedback on the condition. Work was handled much more quickly than expected. No appointment was needed.

RY
ROBERT Y.
Ford Expedition
10/05/2015
4 Tires ASAP
I was leaving for NY the next morning at 7am. I was pumping gas at 6pm the night before, saw a nail sticking out of the tire, rolled into VA tire and they were able to mount and balance 4 Firestone tires, shuttle me to and from my house and get me out of a pickle. AWESOME customer service from the entire team!

PY
Great

BRUCE H.
10/03/2015
Convenient and honest
Shuttle ride home. Vehicle ready timely and for less than I expected to pay.

CG
CHAE G.
10/01/2015
Get a second opinion
Virginia Tire and Auto safety failed our 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite vehicle due to movement in the right front wheel. Offered to replace bearing and hub assembly in excess of $500. Vehicle was taken to Chantilly Honda dealership as the vehicle was maintenanced two months earlier without such problems. Dealership did same day inspection and retighened an access panel with no charge. No replacement of bearings and hub assembly needed. They provided free safety inspection so my wife did not have to keep going back and forth.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/08/2015

We appreciate you making us aware of your most recent experience. We look forward to your return visit so that we may ensure that this components is actually in good condition. I first priority is your safety.

DOROTHY L.
Ashburn, VA
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/01/2015
Calm working atmosphere.
Great folks! Ease of getting service promptly. Love the coupons and mailers.. Use them often as needed.

JEFFREY G.
Saturn Vue
09/30/2015
A solid plus one
Stopped by on the way home from work to get an emissions test done but you guys had stopped doing them for the day. We requested to drop the car off for the morning and left the car with you. You guys got slow, did the test and called us an hour later in case we wanted to pick it up and not inconvenience our morning commute.
Well done service in South Riding

AA
ANTONY J A.
09/29/2015
Manager Mike's service
Mike is very good in understanding the vehicle's condition and provided right service with more satisfaction.

CHRITIE B.
09/28/2015
Oil Change
Fast, friendly service for first time customer. Will definitely consider taking my vehicle back at the next oil change.

PR
PAUL R.
Alexandria, VA
Honda Accord
I am on the fence!
I went in for an oil change and they did not reset my oil counter! Plus, my girl friend corrected them for $1000 error in their favor and got a $10 credit for our honesty.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/08/2015

Thank you for your feedback.

GK
GREG KIM K.
Chantilly, VA
Volkswagen Passat
Tire+nail = VA Tire & Auto
You guys have always come through for me and this time was no exception. Thanks.

MONICA H.
Leesburg, VA
Dodge Journey
Quick and Efficient
Stopped by for an Emissions and State Inspection around lunch time thinking it was going to take at least an hour. Twenty minutes later, they had the job finished-Awesome!

ROBERT C.
GMC Sierra
09/26/2015
Always so helpful!
I am always surprised and pleased to experience the extra consideration shown by Va. Tire and Auto. In addition to taking good care of our vehicles, the personnel are polite, friendly, and always go the extra mile in terms of being helpful. As a small example, on my last visit, I accidentally left my key on the counter when I left. A staff member recognized the key chain, had noticed that I walked next door when I left, and went to the neighboring business to find me to give me my key. A small but gracious act of consideration that I definitely appreciated..