PR
PHILIP R.
New Town, ND
Chevrolet Suburban
08/24/2020
2007 suburban rear end repair and replacement.
Had my suburban worked on twice this month. 1st time rear seal fixed. Bandaid job. Same day, 2nd time, replaced rear end after a week.The problem still persists. Fluid leaking from front and rear differential profusely. Not sure what to do now..help. under warranty!

PG
Prince G.
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Prince said the business was expensive.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 12/19/2018

We understand that car repairs can get expensive. We have reviewed your account and everything we have done for you is at market value. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

10/03/2018
Took to long
Took an hour for a oil change
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 10/04/2018

I apologize for the long wait. We have some new staff and were having some computer issues. Quality is always our top concern. We took as much time as necessary to complete the job correctly but we should have explained to you why things were taking longer than they should have.

Ford Expedition
04/29/2018
This workshop is at a convenient location to me.
The repair to my vehicle was done in a timely manner. I did not appreciate the person who came over to tell me work was finished and asked for my card immediately for payment. He took my card away and then brought slip back for my signature. He could have waited until my break or until my shift finished. I have been going there for 4 years and they know I will pay when I pick my car up. The prices were always reasonable but now I find them super expensive for the repairs performed. They changed my radio station.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 05/22/2018

I apologize if I offended you by bringing you your paperwork and collecting payment from you at your place of work.
I did this for two reasons. I was trying to make it more convenient for you since you were at work, and it was almost noon and we close at 2:00 on Saturdays. Since you work next door it wasn't an inconvenience for me. I know that you offered to come over on your break or after work but I thought you were just being polite and not wanting to make me walk back and forth again. I did not think you were going to skip out on the bill or anything like that. I just wanted to make sure you were able to get your car back the same day without any extra inconvenience for you.

We always try and stay competitively priced with all of our repairs. We checked several of our competitors in West Fargo and found very similar prices. Although it was an expensive repair, our price on replacing your alternator with a New one was about $25 less than our competitors would have charrged for a Remanufactured option and $100 less than what they would have charged for the New option.

Resetting the radio was not intentional. The battery needed to be  disconnected to service the alternator. In the future we will use a memory saver device to the preset memory. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Travis

MIKE R.
01/03/2018
Checked my flat tire..and you took my tire off the rim
I thought your price for removing my tire off my rim to check for a flat was excessivly high in price..$15.00

NO work was done....plus I use to bring all of my business to you for 2 different vehicles. You should probably re think how you bill such a minor service.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 01/09/2018

Hi Mike,

We're sorry about your dissatisfaction with the bill. You were charged $15 to find the leak in a tire and to dismount it. Once dismounted, we found that the inside of the tire had been damaged from being driven on flat. We offered to sell you a tire but suggested that you may want to shop around since your tires were relatively new and we did not have access to that brand of tire. You agreed. We offered to put the tire back on the rim so it would take up less room in your trunk but you declined, so we vacuumed the ground up rubber out of your tire and gave it back to you.

When you stated that $15 was too much, we offered to charge you less but you said that was fine. After the transaction was complete, you again stated that it was too much and we offered to refund the full amount to your card but you declined that offer as well.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish we could have better resolved this issue for you.

DAVE and KIM S.
Nissan Armada
08/28/2017
You guys fixed the issue and it looks so much better. Thank you for making it right.

08/28/2017
Different
Had muffler and exhaust pipe replaced. They did a fine job except the chrome end piece does not look like the original that was on there. It looks like they just took a piece of chrome, cut it, and stick it on my vehicle....does my look attractive. Frustrating for a $400 job.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 10/04/2017

Hi Dave & Kim,

We apologize for this inconvenience. We were hoping that the after market part would be as decorative as the original. Hopefully we were able to correct the issue today and meet your expectations with the new part.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the future!

MICHAEL L.
08/01/2017
My
I got @ the garage @ about 9:26am to fix my car break and alignment .The receptionist told me that it will take approximately 1hour 45mins .I sat there for 6 hour without any body saying anything I realized that it too much so I walk to the counter and ask the lady @ the desk what was going wrong then she said I will check it up .later one of the workers came in and then she quietly ask him he went @ the back and came back to hand my keys and said everything is good only to find out there were still problemsome on the car

MICHAEL and ASHLEE H.
Subaru Impreza
12/15/2016
No communication
To start, this is my second time I have been here. My first experience was good when getting my front brakes replaces. However after coming back because of hearing a grinding noise in the front past, this experience was horrible. After being told that my car was only going to be looked at to determine the cause, I ended up walking out with a $56 dollar charge for the mechanics to simply clean snow from the tires. In no way shape or form did the mechanics inform me of what they found nor did they ask if I would like my wheels cleaned/what it would cost me. I would have had no issue getting the tires cleaned if I had simply been asked but to walk in expecting a quick check of the brakes and leave an hour later with a bill that wasn't even approved is absolutely ridiculous. That all being said, I'm extremely hesitant to go back as I don't want to deal with a shop that will just make changes at will and expect me to pay.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 12/30/2016

Hi Micheal,

You are absolutly correct. We should have made sure we answered any and all questions you had. Good communication is critical and we let you down. For this, We are sorry. Please allow us to make it right with you. We have applied the $56 you paid as a credit to your account to be used in the future for anything. If you would prefer, we would also be willing to credit the payment back to the credit card you used to make the $56 payment.

TK
Tammy K.
Watford City, ND
09/15/2016 Category: Service
Tammy said she took her vehicle to the business because of a bad fuse. They charged her $20 to look at the vehicle and tell her that she had a bad fuse. They told her it would take 30 minutes to get the fuse she needed along with another charge of $13 to put the new fuse in. She did not want to wait that long for them to get a part they did not already have on hand along with pay more money for them to install it. She went to Auto Zone instead and got a fuse for less than $5 and also got it installed for free. It was a waste of $20 to get told something she already knew and she was not impressed with their service. She would not recommend the business for service. She would not return to the business either.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 10/13/2016

Hi Tammy,

We are sorry we could not serve you better. Unfortunately we are not a retail store and we do not stock very many parts. We do not want you to feel like you wasted your time & money here. Please call us at the shop, we would be happy to refund your $20.

John Binfet

JESSICA C.
Saturn L200
06/18/2016
Unwanted Business
Employees used to be friendly and helpful.

I no longer feel welcome or that my business is appreciated.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 07/27/2016

Hello Jessica,

As a long time client we value you feedback & opinion. We do appreciate your business and I hope you will continue to use our repair shop. I'm sorry you felt this way when you left and we will make improvements here to make sure that we are more accommodating in the future.

John Binfet

LT
Lok T.
Dodge Charger
02/14/2016 Category: Service
Lok said the business never called him. He had to keep calling them. They took all day for an oil change. He would not go back.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 02/17/2016

We apologize for not being able to communicate with you properly, as we had the wrong phone number on file. We have since corrected it in our system, in the case that you decide to do business with us again. We did spend some time diagnosing the check engine light, per your request, and would be happy to take care of any of those issues for you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the work we performed on your vehicle, please feel free to contact us. Thank you, and we appreciate your business.

BG
BETHANY G.
01/26/2016
Wheel Alignment
I got a wheel alignment but absolutely no feed back on the work performed. I asked the office girl if it had been bad or not and she didn't know anything to tell me. I left wondering if my van even got worked on. I have coupons to use at this location otherwise I would not go back, honestly.

MJ
MIKE J.
Chevrolet Avalanche
10/02/2015
Mixed
It was the first time I had the oil changed at the station because I just bought the coupon promotion. The guys got the trucks oil changed very quickly which I was pleased with. They forgot to fill out the sticker for when my next oil change would be. Also, there was a hint of marijuana smell in the cab when I got in after the oil change was completed. I would not like to see someone lose their job over this but this reflects very poorly on the station.