Jagadeesh A.
07/15/2020 Category: Service
Jagadeesh said he would recommend the business for service.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 07/16/2020

Thank you!

SARAH B.
GMC Yukon
02/07/2020
Wrong oil put in my vehicle
I’ve gone to this place multiple times for oil changes, today I had my oil change and as I was paying I noticed it was significantly cheaper than it usually is, knowing the wrong oil was put in. I commented on the price difference and then they had to redo the oil change and put the right oil in. I have had good experiences in the past with oil changes and will probably go back for just oil changes, but I don’t feel comfortable bringing my vehicle there if anything needed to be replaced/fixed. I feel like an oil change is one of the more common things and I shouldn’t have been the one to caught the error when I literally know nothing about vehicles as far as mechanical maintenance.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 02/18/2020

Thank you for your feedback, we use all our our client feedback in our safety and training meetings. This topic has been covered extensively so there are no issues in the future. We have set up reminder flags on your accounts to help ensure your vehicles get the appropriate engine oil type. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

PH
PAMELA H.
01/14/2020
Pammy
Yes, they resolved the issue..however, to change a lightbulb for $15 is rather spendy. Thanks

01/14/2020
Spendy
$15 to chg a brake light is spendy. For a social scurity budget.
Did not put no oil chg sticker in my window for future.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 01/22/2020

I mailed out an oil change sticker to you the other day, sorry we forgot to put one in your vehcile. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you

Jose R.
North Dakota
03/05/2019 Category: Service
Jose said there is still something wrong with the vehicle, in the same area the facility's staff worked on his vehicle. After he took it home, it made a different noise. He will call the place.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 03/12/2019

We repaired the damage from when your ball joint separated and mentioned that there was also noise from your shocks and struts when we test drove it after the repairs.
If it is making any new noises since the repair and would like us to double check our work or look into it further, please stop by or call for an appointment.

SHANE M.
03/27/2018
Upset worker
I noticed a worker was very upset, not sure what happened, but went to the parking lot and got into a car assuming it’s a customers, slightly squealed the tires and pulled into the garage. I could hear him swearing from the waiting area. I had to bring my car back in as the guy stated it was a “defective part”. I will continue to go here, as the prices are good, but didn’t like what I saw yesterday.

SR
Shannon R.
Walcott, ND
International
11/30/2017 Category: Service
Shannon said this business was able to fix his vehicle's issues, however the service was not completed during the time he was promised.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2017

Hi Shannon,

We're sorry we were unable to get your vehicle done in the time that you had hoped for. We did our best to get it into the shop and finished as soon as we could. We appreciate hearing your feedback and hope you will give us another chance in the future!

FT
Freeman T.
Dodge Stratus
04/21/2017 Category: Service
Freeman said the prices were too high with this business.

JARROD and CIARA L.
Hyundai Santa Fe
04/16/2017
Car
Overall experience was average. Usually always a 5 star though. Time was main issue
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 04/28/2017

Thank you for being a regular customer. We apologize that it took so long to get your vehicle back to you. We get very busy around holidays, and we had a full schedule when your vehicle was towed in. We're glad we were able to get your car back to you the same day but wish we could have gotten it back to you sooner.

We hope you will continue to call us for your future auto repair needs. Thank you.

PS
Philip S.
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Philip said the overall experience was average. He had this business tow his vehicle, but he ended up taking care of the work himself. He and his wife have always taken their vehicles there, and they are always fair.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 03/01/2017

Thanks for your review, Philip!

Dan P.
Ford Windstar
01/24/2017 Category: Service
Dan said the receptionist has no personality. He said they need to get a receptionist who treats customers better.

BR
BRIAN R.
09/30/2016
Explorer repairs
Not so good: car hood would not open after repair. They were great in picking up car at home and making repairs free of any charges. Later that week, opened hood to look at new hood release cable and fiund it had been not fastened down properly and has melted onto the the exhaust manifold. Also while checking under the hood, found the oil level dip stick laying on top of the radiator and window sheild reservoir loose. I reinstalled the dip stick after cleaning it off.

Rasim M.
Oldsmobile Alero
09/22/2016 Category: Service
Rasim said he brought his vehicle in because he thought he had a problem with his water pump. The mechanic said it's probably just the cap so he switched it out and charged him $50. When he got home he noticed antifreeze leaking so he had to take it back in and they had to go back in. That cost him $250 and they were willing to take off $50 but he had already loss a day and a half of work so he didn't have time to do that.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 10/13/2016

Hello Rasim,

We checked the water pump on your car right away. Thankfully it was ok because that repair would have cost over $600 and was not necessary. We checked for leaks and found the radiator cap was not holding pressure and was leaking. At this time we should have checked for additional leaks but we knew you were in a hurry so we finished up and got you going.
When you called back later that morning we had you bring it right over so we could re check it. At that time we found an additional problem and fixed it right away.
I know these things can be frustrating but were trying to work within your budget and the time lines you allowed us. In the future we promise to serve you better.

John Binfet

CN
CHRIS N.
Pontiac Bonneville
06/15/2016
Asked the guys to "check" my coolant for AC, and came back at me with a bill for over $50.00. Wasn't expecting a bill at all. Disappointed to say the least.
OK
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 07/27/2016

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear you were surprised with a bill. Our normal practice is to make sure our clients know what they need to spend before any work is performed. In the future we will make sure all repair cost are discussed with you in detail to avoid any surprises. I know than unexpected expenses can be difficult to manage and I would like to make this up to you.

John Binfet

AL
ANGIE L.
03/12/2016
Car maintenance
Good but bill was twice as much. Not sure if problem happened when inspecting things that I didn't ask for. Not sure if it would have been prevented.

Dylan L.
Oldsmobile Intrigue
03/02/2016 Category: Service
Dylan said he would recommend the business.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 03/09/2016

Thanks for the recommendation, Dylan. If there's anything you weren't satisfied with during your last visit, please let us know.