LC
Leaanne C.
Chevrolet Cobalt
03/14/2020 Category: Service
Leanne said she was frustrated because it was so expensive. They were very knowledgeable in what they were talking about but they tried to pull one over on her so she went elsewhere.

Javier S.
Scion tC
11/04/2019
Scion charging system
This is a very nice clean shop. Courteous service tech. Brought my car in after I purchased a battery from Bull Dog Battery. Your shop was next door. Bull Dog Battery told me that my car was having a charging issue. It was late afternoon the service tech told me that they would look at it on Monday, That was not a problem. The service tech call back that they had a cancellation and that the shop can look at my car and proceed to service my car. Everything was great last minute service and quick turn around,. Only issue I had is that the service center have charged $178.00 on re manufactured alternator. At that price I was expecting a new one. The service tech did not tell me it was not new. I understand how things work with alternators you receive a core and get it repair and sell it back as remanufactured product. But the cost of the unit I feel was over priced. That is why I would not come back. Again your shop was next door to Bull Dog Battery and it was only reason why I came in so that I would not damaged the new battery. But thank you for the quick turn around of my car..

PB
Paatricia B.
08/04/2019
wasted trip
I had a headlight not working and was told I needed an entire new casing to the tune of over 100 dollars plus the cost of the bulb. I checked when I got home and my light was working which means I was lied to and my bulb was just loose

Jeff D.
Concord, OH
Chrysler 200
07/16/2019
Cost
Original stop, for tire plug and tire pressure low light on, second stop was AC quote, bad condenser 800.00 could not justify, all said and done, 267.00 and all I got done is a rubber plug in a tire because ironically a different pressure sensor failed while the car was in there possession, it just makes me feel like they don’t really care to work with people, it’s all about $

RJ
Ron J.
Honda Fit
10/17/2018
Messed up my anti-lock brakes when fixing an unrelated issue, then charged me almost $700 to fix them
Dave's Auto Care did some repair work on my car that included fixing my regular braking system (this first repair job cost me almost $2,000). The day after I picked up the car, my anti-lock braking system warning light came on. I had never had a problem with the anti-lock brakes beforehand, so I assumed Dave's must have affected that system somehow when fixing the regular brakes. However, when I brought the car back in for a look, Dave's insisted that the anti-lock problem was completely unrelated to the $2,000 of work they had just completed. They said it was just a "coincidence" that the anti-lock warning light came on the day after I picked up my supposedly repaired car. So, they charged me an additional nearly $700 to fix a problem that I had never had before their faulty repair job. I have been a long-time customer of Dave's, but I will never take my car back there again.
Dave R. from Dave's Auto Care responded on 10/17/2018

Dear Ron & Coleen,

I read the review that you have left for us regarding your Honda.  I am hurt you feel that way.

I was personally involved with the issue regarding the antilock brakes.  I wanted to see for myself if there was any issues related to the work performed 2 months prior.  I can assure you the root cause of the problem was the rust swollen sensor was pushing itself out of the steering knuckle causing the issue.  The increasing clearance the sensor had changed its’ digital signal.

The relationship that we have had with your family for more than 35 years is important to me.  I understand that you believe that we have violated that trust.  I do not agree with that assessment but regardless of whether or not you choose to use our services going forward I am willing to return the entire amount of your last repair.  Just call me and let me know when you’re stopping by and I will cut you a check in the amount of $623.44.

I don’t know how it happened but for you to be that upset we must have miscommunicated the issue to you at some point, for that I apologize.  Thank you for your past support.

Very Sincerely,

Debera R.
Mentor, OH
Jeep Renegade
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Debra said she only had half an hour to get service. The staff was taking up way more time than she had when she showed up. She suggested to improve the customer service.

John A.
Cleveland, OH
02/02/2018 Category: Service
John said it was too expensive. He drove his vehicle home from this business, and it has not started since. He has contacted them and hopes that they will be able to repair it.

AK
Akshay K.
Mayfield Heights, OH
Mercedes-Benz C300
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Akshay said that when he picked up his vehicle the check engine light turned on so he had to drive his vehicle back to this business. They were nice and friendly but it was an inconvenience.

Chuck S.
Chevrolet Suburban
04/01/2017
Great Service - too expensive
Dave's will take care of your needs, however, they charge dealer prices for service and oil changes. There are many alternatives to Dave's and they will rotate tires with an oil change and not charge dealer prices. People are friendly - just too expensive !!!

Justin T.
Saturn Astra
03/11/2017
Daves goes above and beyond to make sure their customers are happy with the service.
Dave resolved any concerns I had in a timely manner and gave me a loaner car while doing it!!!. Highly recomended!!!

03/11/2017
Valve cover/ plugs
I took my car in for plugs and a valve cover gasket and now it has an oil leak that wasn't there before. I took it in again to see about getting it to pass e Check and they wanted 750 $ to replace some sensors. The work was done in a timely fashion, in just not sure of the quality of it. Not recomended
Dave R. from Dave's Auto Care responded on 03/16/2017

Justin,

I'm glad to hear you're happy with the services we performed on your Saturn.  It was a pleasure doing business with you.  Thank you for your recommendation.

Dave Raischel
Dave's Auto Care

RL
Robert/jennifer L.
Willowick, OH
01/24/2017 Category: Service
Jennifer said they're really nice and they are good people, but their prices are way too high.

TT
Tesia T.
Painesville, OH
01/23/2017
What is going on? -Annoyed
I first went to Dave's to get my struts checked out last year in July.
I paid $700 for front strut work and $800 for labor. I got some brake work done so it was $2,000 total.
Dave charged me for the suspension strut assembly and for the suspension strut mounts for my front struts. However, every part that I find online includes the mount in the strut assembly.
Not only that, but my strut bellows were worn and they didn't mention replacing those. And, the coil spring insulators need to be replaced but no mention of those with the $1500 front strut replacement.

From my invoice:
suspension strut assembly (left): 146.58
suspension strut assembly (right): 161.94
suspension strut mount (2): 317.80

Now, my front brakes sound bad. Jim told me that they'd have to check that out. Yet, they replaced my front disc brake rotors, serviced my calipers, and lubricated everything 6 months ago for $350! I think any current problems with my brakes besides replacing the pads should be covered with warranty.

I feel as though all of this shouldn't cost so much and that it's a bit negligent to change struts and not replace obviously worn bellows and insulators, especially after charging me $1500 for strut work. I thought it was thorough job.

Now, today, I was supposed to take my car in to get the strut bellows and coil spring insulators replaced. But, I don't know.
This is my current invoice:
suspension strut bellows (2): $100.48
coil spring insulator (Front Lower) (2): $58.60

I don't even know if I want to go in at all. I feel as if I'm being charged double for parts and labor and am getting incomplete work.
Still can't get over being charged for a strut assembly and strut mounts.

Sylvia W.
Mentor, OH
Jeep Compass
12/02/2016
A rip off!
Over priced, have never paid for an oil filter separate from an oil change, no have ever charged for labor! Will tell all not to frequent this facility

AK
Andrew K.
Mazda 6
11/30/2016 Category: Service
Andrew said every time the business fixes something, it breaks.

LK
Leroy and Lisa K.
Willowick, OH
07/20/2016
2013 Hyundai Elantra Cabin Filter
Why do you charge $53.86 to replace a cabin air filter? The automobile manufacturer designed easy access to the cabin filter through the glove box.