Overall Rating 4.6326547/5Overall Rating 4.6326547/5Overall Rating 4.6326547/5Overall Rating 4.6326547/5rating 4.6326547
Overall Rating 2.20408/5Overall Rating 2.20408/5rating 2.20408rating 2.20408rating 2.20408

TD
Thomas D.
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Resolved Issue of Service
The service department contacted me via email and resolved the issue that I was having.
I appreciate the fast reply, and will continue to have both cars serviced by Hyundai of Cool Springs.
Thank you!

07/22/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
Charged us full price because we missed the free oil change by 6 days. Very disappointed!
James S F. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 07/22/2019

Hi . My name is James from the Service Dept. I completely understand how you feel would like to make it up to you.
I would be more than happy to cover your next service at no charge.
Please let me know if I can help.
Thanks!!

EH
Elizabeth H.
04/22/2019 Category: Service
Do not get service at this location
Crappy service
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 04/23/2019

Sorry your last visit was unsatisfactory. James will be giving you a call to try and find out what went wrong

Jeongwon A.
Murfreesboro, TN
2012 Hyundai Tucson
04/18/2019 Category: Service
To make a review again
I was upset when I found out there is still the problem, but they called me and tried to solve the problem. Thank you for doing their best.

04/18/2019 Category: Service
I was very upset
I got service last Monday whichis replacement of engine oil and light bulb. By the way, the light is still out after the service. How come it happened even though I paid for replacing of the light. It sucks.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 04/19/2019

I am sorry that your last visit was unsatisfactory. If the bulb is out again than there could either be that the new bulb has failed or something else going on such as the connector. If you come back by we will gladly look at the issue again for you.

Samuel H.
01/02/2019 Category: Service
Strong Recovery
Turns out the problem was not related to the work completed at the dealership. They ended up replacing the engine under warranty. My only complaint/room for improvement would be not letting me know it would be several days before they could look at my car because of the holidays.

01/02/2019 Category: Service
Pitiful Service
I brought my car in for one of the numerous recalls issued on the 2012 Sonata. I did not make it home from the dealer before the car completely shut off while driving. I had no power steeling, brakes, or headlights. I had the car towed back to the dealership that evening and called the next morning. It has been 12 days and I have had no contact from the dealer despite my voice messages and visit to the dealership asking for a status update.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 01/03/2019

I am sorry for the delay. With the holidays it has be hectic. Your vehicle has just been approved for engine and will be completed as soon as parts arrive. Thank you for your business Justin will be following up shortly to advise you further.

AV
Alecia V.
Mount Juliet, TN
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
12/03/2018 Category: Service
Ridiculous wait
The service took at least 2x longer than it should with minimal communication. And car was not vacuumed. Disappointing service
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 12/03/2018

I am sorry that the service took longer than expected. Everytime the vehicle comes in we check for recalls and that is why the the update was needed. I am sorry that the advisor did not inform you of the additional time time needed for the recall. Thank you for your business.

Richard C.
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Had a bad service but they made it good again really appreciate it.

10/30/2018 Category: Service
2.5 Hour Oil Change
Had an appointment 11:15 AM came out After 1 PM to 2PM for a oil change !
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 10/31/2018

I am sorry for the delay in getting your oil changed. We try to get everyone in and out as quick as possible. Thank you for your business.

James S.
10/17/2018 Category: Service
Poor service
Car wash is always out of service
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 10/17/2018

I am sorry your last visit did not go as expected. We try to get every vehicle completed as quick as possible. If you are close by I will gladly run thru carwash. It is currently working. Thank you for your business

Bill H.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
10/12/2018 Category: Service
Bill Hemrick
I already told you.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 10/12/2018

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Servicing our customers' vehicles quickly and efficiently is a priority, but it doesn't take much of a variance from the schedule to send the whole thing in to a tail spin and cause major delays. We hope that if you choose to get service with us in the future, you experience will be handled to a higher standard and meet your expectations.

Rockvale, TN
2010 Hyundai Elantra
10/09/2018 Category: Service
I am not impressed by the service -
Everytime I would call or bring my car in, I would talk to a different person - I like to have the same person overseeing the service on my car, that way I trust what they tell me.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 10/10/2018

I am sorry your last visit was unsatifactory. Finding good people to help our customers is getting harder and harder to find. Luckily we are at the point now that all 3 advisors are great at customer service and should be with us for a long time. Thank you for your business.

2013 Hyundai Veloster
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Perhaps the timing.
It was just a bad visit with poor attention to detail and I won’t be returning as it seemed to be a hassle of the workers time to assist me.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 10/05/2018

I am sorry your last visit was unsatisfactory. We try to make every visit as quick and efficient as possible. Thank you for your business.

EB
Eddie B.
Dickson, TN
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Service Dept. has really gone DOWN HILL
and they were excellent,,, what ever you have done recently in this Department is NOT working.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 09/10/2018

Thank you for your response on letting me know where we are lacking.We are currently looking for customer oriented indviduals if you know of anyone. Thank you for your business and hopfully we will live up to your expectations in the future.

TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 09/11/2018

Update from our conversation yesterday. I have another tech starting Thursday hopefully that will relieve some wait times.

Brentwood, TN
2009 Hyundai Elantra
09/03/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication and unauthorized repairs
This location performed unauthorized repairs on my vehicle and then tried to defend those unauthorized repairs by stating that now my car is safer and that they offered me a loaner car while I waited. I came in for a diagnostic on my check engine light and a steering diagnostic, and it took over 8 hours for them to tell me why my check engine light was on because they decided to repair the steering column and brakes without authorization. I asked for all diagnostics to be compete prior to any repairs so that I could make educated choices about my repairs and their costs, and the fact that this location thought it appropriate to start hundreds of dollars of repairs prior to completing a diagnostic or receiving authorization is absolutely crazy. They covered the majority of the unauthorized repair, but the fact that I was made to pay anything - when I actually wouldn’t have authorized the repair I paid for - is insane.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 09/04/2018

I am sorry that your last experience was unsatisfactory. We try to complete every repair as quick as possible while making sure the repair is correct some repairs do take an extensive amount of time. Thank you for your business.

Stacy S., DPSM from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 09/04/2018

My name is Stacy Shellhammer & I am the District Manager with Hyundai Motor America for the state of Tennessee and a resident of Brentwood. Myself & two other HMA employees were visiting Hyundai of Cool Springs on the date of your service visit. I am hoping you will make the time to respond to my email as I am very concerned about the comments stating illegal repairs were performed and were never authorized.
During our conversation we discussed the poor communication, and that the dealership only diagnosed 2 of the 3 items and that you were waiting to find out what the Check Engine Light concern was. We discussed you authorized almost 700.00 dollars in repairs to the brakes & the steering coupler & was concerned how much the last repair would be.. That was certainly very understandable for such large repairs. I informed the Service Manager that Hyundai Motor America would pay for your steering coupler repair as a goodwill gesture & then we all discussed this with you. I understand it was a frustrating experience and sincerely apologize for that.
I do hope you will make the time to respond to my email. I look at all the surveys returned in Tennessee & I am concerned about any customer comment stating illegal behavior. Since we spoke to you directly at the dealership I was very concerned when reading your comments.
I look forward to hearing from you and wish you safe travels.

Stacy Shellhammer
District Parts & Service Manager
SShellhammer@hmausa.com

CL
Charles L.
2015 Hyundai Genesis Co
08/18/2018 Category: Service
Damaged while being serviced
My soft leather steering wheel was damaged by the service department at this dealership. They refused to admit any wrong doing. After complaining for two days they offered to have a contractor "repair" the cuts and scratches that they were responsible for causing. The hack repair left my once soft leather steering wheel looking and feeling like coarse rubber. Extremely dissatisfied and angry.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 08/18/2018

I am sorry your last visit was unsatisfactory

08/09/2018 Category: Service
Super team
Amazing and lovely staff,

08/09/2018 Category: Service
Bad place
V baf
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 08/09/2018

We apoligize for not living up to your expectations. Your satisfaction is one of our biggest priorties. A member of management will be contacting you soon to address your issues in greater detail so that we may come to a resolution.

PG
Pamela G.
La Vergne, TN
04/01/2018 Category: Service
Poor service advisor
Great dealership to purchase a new or preowned vehicle. Parts department is wonderful and will continue to do business with them. Service advisors are normally good, but can use some improvement after my last visit. Being short with a bad attitude, while trying to make the customer feel like they are stupid, gives this dealership a bad look, and makes me not want to return for service here again.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 04/02/2018

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Chris. Normally he is one of the top advisors. Thank you for your business

Robert H.
Brentwood, TN
2013 Hyundai Veloster
01/24/2018 Category: Service
Service complete
They did everything in a timely manner. Thank You Tim O.

01/24/2018 Category: Service
Very Poor Service
Previously stated.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 01/24/2018

I am sorry that you will have to return for the panel to be replaced. I will take care of your filters as discussed earlier. We do value your time.

TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 01/29/2018

hopefully everything is taken care of now and thank you for your business

Tyler M.
01/19/2018 Category: Service
Second Time Around: Much Better Experience
Update to earlier review: Returned to service center to repair cosmetic damage from prior service. Was greeted by Chris, who was very thoughtful and helpful. Chris offered a rental car while my car was being worked on. Didn't need the rental; however, I appreciated his effort in making this easy as possible. Returned to the service center later that evening and my vehicle looked good as new. Chris and the technicians did an excellent job repairing the damage. Chris was very apologetic and offered a free oil change for the inconvenience. The second go-around was a much more pleasant experience and I'll be returning for future services. As mentioned in my prior review, I've had nothing but excellent experiences with this dealership, prior to my appointment on 1/16. Fortunately, my experience yesterday was much more similar to my prior visits, where the staff was courteous, friendly and service was done right.

01/19/2018 Category: Service
Had nothing but great experiences with this dealership...until my last visit.
I purchase my Elantra from this dealership back in 2013 and have always returned for service. Prior to my experience on 1/16, I've always had exceptional service. Unfortunately, this was not the case on my last visit. I had an appointment scheduled at 3:15 pm. Upon my arrival, at approximately 3:05 pm, I pulled into the service center where there were no Hyundai Employees to be found. I shut off my engine, walking inside the facility to the checkout desk, and there was no one to be found. I had to walk down the hallway towards the garage for me to find a Hyundai employee. After speaking with Chris, the Service Manager, he mentioned that they would be closing early (4 pm) due to the weather conditions Nashville experienced the day before, and that "they could probably fit me in". Suffice to say, this was a little frustrating to hear. I had scheduled an appointment, arrived early, and was told upon my arrival that "they might fit me in." If hours were shortened due to weather, that should have been communicated to customers who had scheduled appointments. I understand that companies need to ensure the safety of their employees when there are inclement weather conditions; however, they also need to communicate with their customers. Once service started on my vehicle, Chris checked back with me to go over things that needed to be taken care of during this visit, which included some new lights, and a brake pedal recall. Chris returned around 4 pm to let me know service was concluded and I could check out and meet him back in the Service Area. I checked out and returned to my vehicle to see Chris vacuuming out my car, which is very much appreciated. While he was finishing, I walked around my car to find a dent on the front driver's side bumper. I can assure you that this dent was not there when I dropped off my vehicle. I alerted Chris, and another employee who was in the Service Area, of the dent. The three of us stood there for a few moments, and I assured them that the dent was not there before the service began. At this point, Chris mentioned that due to the icy conditions, it's likely that the car bumped into something when being moved from the Service Area to the garage for the maintenance. While I understand that accidents happen, especially during icy conditions, it is absolutely unacceptable to not notify the owner of the vehicle, if it has been damaged during maintenance. Had I not said anything about this dent, it is likely that the Hyundai Service Employees would have knowingly let me drive off with damage to my vehicle. To me, that comes off as deceptive and damages Hyundai's reputation, which had been excellent prior to this experience. After acknowledging the damage, Chris let me know that I can bring my vehicle back on Monday (1/22) where the damages can be repaired. I plan on returned first thing Monday morning for this service and am hopeful that it goes much better the second time around. As mentioned above, I had nothing but fantastic experiences with Hyundai prior to this visit. Unfortunately, I will need to consider other service centers in the future for any maintenance, and other automobile manufacturers for my next vehicle purchase.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 01/19/2018

I am sorry that the vehicle was damaged. As Chris stated we will take care for you and we do not try to hide anything. Thank you for your business. Chris will have a rental vehicle available for you so that you do not have to wait on the repair.

TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 01/23/2018

Thanks for giving us the chance to make it right. Your next oil change is on us for having to come back. Thank you for your business.

James C.
Fairview, TN
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Service needs improvement
Car was there 2 days in a row, an still acts up.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 12/27/2017

I am sorry that the car is still acting up. If the light is off than the computer is not seeing an issue at this time. We performed the update that Hyundai said to install for the issue you where having. Normally we can get rental cars but being a holiday weekend no one was open or had availible cars. If th problem happens again we will put you in a rental at no expense to you to try and isolate the issue further. If the light does not come back on than the update corrected the issue.

Columbia, TN
11/28/2017 Category: Service
Frustrating....
Took 15 minutes just to talk to service person and handover the keys. Took 3 hours for oil change with booked appointment. Took 45 minute to get shuttle service after asking 2-3 times. Had to pay for tire rotation even though I have PLUS Maintenance plan.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 11/28/2017

I am sorry that you had to wait for the shuttle. It was Black friday and the traffic was bad around the mall. The service contract you purchased was for only so many oil changes and tire rotations. The tire rotations had all been performed. So that is why you had to pay for the rotation. You can contact the selling dealer and ask why they where not the same.

Antioch, TN
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Never Again
Bad communication and service from the service department
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 11/15/2017

I am sorry your last service visit was unsatisfactory. We try hard to make sure everyone is treated fairly. We tried several times to get ahold of you but kept getting voicemail.  Thank you for your business and we will use the feedback to help improve our process.