Lancaster Auto And Tire Co Inc

RUPERTO M. on 08/19/2017
"Engine replacement "
I did not appreciate that my auto was worked on for almost two weeks to change an engine when it was expected in three days. Three engines were delivered and they were the wrong engines. When they receive the final one it was still incorrect and they went ahead and modified to be used on my car. I was quoted $2100. The engine was to have had another 87,000 miles on it but the final engine ended up with 100,000 miles on it and was still charged the same amount. They did attempt to compensate with new spark plugs and cables and repaired a hose connection. After two days of very little driving the car began to leak oil. They told me the seals on the engine are warranteed on this engine since it was a used engine. This was not explained to me beforehand and I had to spend an additional $600. I don't want to be the cause of anyone missing out on running a business but this was very upsetting.
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle
Service Date: 07/29/2017
Review Created: 08/19/2017 04:19 AM
yogi w., Managing Partner at Lancaster Auto And Tire Co Inc responded on 08/23/2017

hi,
Ruperto,
We sincerely apologize for the delay happened in your job and we take full responsibilty for that.
Also we kept you notified the delay at every stage when we got the wron engine three times for your car,Since manufacturer changed the engine in that year multiple times that is why we could not get the right engine first time.
As far as the mileage of the used engine is concerned, again we coud not get the right model of the engine for the miles we told you but we still stand behind the warranty for the mileage we committed to you.
Again we feel extremely sorry for the delay and extra charges you had to pay and we offer you free labor upto $200 of work on any vehicle you own, if you need in future,only you have to pay for the parts.
There is no time limit to it.
Thanks and Wish you well.

Diana M. on 07/31/2017
Diana said the service was good at this business.
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017
Scott B. on 07/22/2017
Scott said the gentleman who he had been working with him, told him he would pick him up when his vehicle was ready. When the time came, he had gotten really busy and was unable to come and get him. He ended up having to spend $25 on a cab so he could get his vehicle from them.
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/22/2017
yogi w., Managing Partner at Lancaster Auto And Tire Co Inc responded on 07/27/2017
Hi
Scott,

Thanks for your recommendation.
Also we were able to drop you where you asked but very sorry that we could not pick you up becuase of some unavaoidable circumstances.
We apologize for that.
Thanks again for recommending us.
Lindsy K. on 05/06/2017
Lindsy said the mechanic at the business was nice. He only looked at her vehicle for only five, maybe ten minutes. He told her the vehicle was basically not fixable and he still charged her for looking at it.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 05/06/2017
yogi w., Managing Partner at Lancaster Auto And Tire Co Inc responded on 05/20/2017
hi
Yes we do charge for diagnostics if customer is not getting the vehicle fixed or vehicle is not fixable because we have to pay our techs to disgnose the vehicle.
Their is no diagnostice charges if we are fixing the vehicle and we explain that upfront.
Thanks
Kenrick W. on 03/23/2017
Kenrick said there was a noise in his universal joint and he asked the business to fix it but they told him he needed his wheel bearings changed instead. After he left, he continued to hear the noise and when he took his vehicle back, they fixed his universal joint and the noise disappeared. He ended up paying more than he needed to because they did not listen to him in the first place.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 03/04/2017
Review Created: 03/23/2017
yogi w., Managing Partner at Lancaster Auto And Tire Co Inc responded on 03/30/2017
hi
Kenrick,
Vehicle was amking noise from bearing as well so we advised both.
Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.
Diris P. on 03/07/2017
Diris said there were other ways that the issue could have been taken care of. They were expensive.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant
Service Date: 03/01/2017
Review Created: 03/07/2017
yogi w., Managing Partner at Lancaster Auto And Tire Co Inc responded on 03/08/2017
Hi
Diris
We are really sorry you felt that way.
If you stop by next time for any other repairs,we will try to make you happy on this part also.
thanks
DARLINE A. on 06/08/2016
"Not satisfied"
Well I had a diagnostic done on my AC because it was not cooling. I was told what the problem was and an estimate was given to me. I went back part of the job was done and part was left behind, 314 dollars was taken from me and my AC still not cooling because they didn't have all the parts. Now I was told to go back with an extra 284 dollars to get the whole thing done. I thought that was very unprofessional and a waste of my time and money. Totally messed me up.
Vehicle: Jeep Commander
Service Date: 06/02/2016
Review Created: 06/08/2016 08:55 PM
Johnny D. on 11/24/2015
Johnny said the customer service was ok, but he did have an issue the second time he went in. A mechanic lost his fuse box top, but other than that, the service was good,
Vehicle: Nissan Altima