Continue reading recommended reviews

Christiana, TN
Volvo XC90
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
09/17/2020
Volvo xc90
This started out as a not so great experience but Rays made it right in the end. I myself have worked on all my cars for over 35 years and my brother is a Aircraft mechanic so we have a good idea what’s going on with these cars. This started out as what seamed to be a simple alternator change on my parents Volvo. After a lot of trouble shooting and issues with the alternator exchange that I won’t get into we determined the cars computer was bad and needed to be replaced. The choices was Volvo dealership or Rays because the new computer needed to be programmed and you have to have the equipment to do it. I was referred to Rays by a good mechanic friend so we took the car in and explained it needed a new computer. Problem is it took almost 2 months to get it back! My parents are older and on a fixed retirement income so we try everything we can to help keep their cost down. We loaned them a car and helped out with the cost but it was still very expensive. Good thing was when we finally were able to pick it up they gave him a great discount when they discovered he was a veteran and treated him with great respect. This really went a long way and made a not so great experience much better. Thanks for that Rays

mad m.
Murfreesboro, TN
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
09/14/2020
Terrible
I would not recommend Ray's import. If you know there is a problem that you can't fix, let the customer know. Don't keep coming up with a different problem every week. Our problem was never fixed. I gave up.

RE
Rick E.
Smyrna, TN
08/17/2020
Huge Disappointment
I had my Porsche Boxster in for service due to the camshaft aduster last year. Soon after they discovered oil leaks coming from the valve cover gaskets so I agreed with their manager at that time Timerling to have both replaced. Being that the car was 20 years old it would be crazy just to do one and not both. Several weeks ago I had my local garage tell me that my one of my valve cover gaskets was leaking which I verified and then informed them that it was still under warranty so I immediately drove it and left it at Rays. A few days later I'm talking with the owner George Powell and he tells me they only replaced one valve cover gasket so it must be the other gasket that's leaking. I told George their original invoice clearly states the word "both" gaskets were replaced and he said that was a "typo". I have more clear evidence that both gaskets were replaced from Rays when they reported to Carfax that "valve cover gasket(s) were replaced". Well George I guess you had another typo although all words are spelled properly on your invoice and what you reported to Carfax. When I had my car in last year I dropped it off in May and got it back in October, that's right they kept it for 5 months.

Ben B.
Lewisburg, TN
12/01/2018
Horrible
I paid $2700 to fix my Mercedes-Benz 10 days later same problem no guarantees is what i was told.

TP