02/05/2021
My car was towed for a flat tire. When I picked my car they replaced 2 tires and charged me for 2 tires without calling me to let me know the cost. So I payed double what I was expected to pay. Not cool

KD
Kevin D.
02/11/2019
Rude and unprofessional behavior
Recently A friend of mine had an auto accident vehicle was towed to trims Automotive Trev was very rude and unprofessional to a 79 year old man told him to get the f---ing out of his yard when the old man walk into his yard accidentally to see the vehicle that got in an accident. I think by yelling and screaming at this old man was very unprofessional and I would never ever take anything to his shop ever again he used to be my preferred shop now I can see why his business is crap. If it would let me give a lower rating I would please do not use this or Patron this place at all
Trevor B. from Trev's Automotive responded on 02/12/2019

We noticed in our security cameras that there was a guy inside of our impound lot doing body work on a vehicle. We had no idea who this man was. He did not check in with the front office before walking into a heavily posted impound lot. Signs all over the gate and fence say NO TRESPASSING and EMPLOYEES ONLY! But this man still decided to walk through the gate, onto private property which is against the law and proceeded to work on his vehicle, which is against our insurance policies. When told to leave the premises , he started to object and was told to leave more sternly. We cannot afford to lose our business over someones injury, or assume liability for damage or theft of someones impounded vehicle .

Donna C.
Wingdale, NY
Nissan Maxima
05/06/2017 Category: Service
Donna said the service provided by this business was a nightmare. She did not appreciate this business refusing to release her vehicle because they could not take the payment over the phone.
Trevor B. from Trev's Automotive responded on 05/11/2017

Current credit card readers with chip policies do not allow payment over the phone from long distance customers . Sorry for your inconvenience .

KATHERINE M.

Gerard B.
Schenectady, NY
Subaru XV Crosstrek
09/21/2016 Category: Service
Gerard said the business provides good quality work but they overcharge for their services. He said he could have purchased the parts at a store for 50 percent less.

SJ
Shibo J.
Saratoga Springs, NY
07/24/2015 Category: Service
Shibo said he feels like they have paid $500 for the wrong part at this business. They were supposed to fix the radiator but they had fixed the alternator instead.
Trevor B. from Trev's Automotive responded on 07/25/2015

Total language barrier here . Vehicle was towed in , in the middle of night , with no understatndable info from foreign customer . Battery totally dead . After charging battery , found the alternator not charging . Replaced alternator after driving found radiator cracked . Apparently , very small crack in radiator tank squirted on alternator , shorting it out . When we got vehicle in am everything was dry with no sign of antifreeze leakage . Unknown to us vehicle had 2 different problems . Sorry , these things happen sometimes . Sorry you and your father do not speak english , and cannot understand the situation or explanation . Is it really our fault your car had multiple problems ??

HN
Hunter N.
05/19/2015
Verbally Abusive Owner (to his employee)
I had an appt. this morning to have my truck worked on today (5/19/15). Not long after my truck was taken in, the owner (TREV) had a confrontation with his employee, the young lady at the front counter
She had said something to a customer he was not happy with. He proceeded to berate her, humiliate her and all in front of myself and another customer in the waiting from. "What the fuck were you thinking, what the fuck is wrong with you. . .youre trained to do as told, not to think"
I stood up. Told him that no person should be spoken to that way and that I wanted my truck back. I will not give my hard earned $ to anyone who feels it's ok to speak to others like that.
I only hope the young ladt doesn't receive further backlash from this. He truly showed his true colors as an employer and person!!
U-Haul should also consider pulling his rental agreement with them. Poor representation!!
Trevor B. from Trev's Automotive responded on 05/20/2015

Frustration with ignorance and ineptitude gets the better of everyone sometimes . Thank you for your input on a subject that you have no idea of past history or current application . My employee and I both had a good laugh after you left . I apologized for your actions to my other customer after you left . This business is not a church . Its a shop full of 25 year experienced technicians who don't sugarcoat this generations screwups or talk like stuck up aristocrats . We speak the honest truth of a matter , though somewhat salty at times .  Thank you for leaving and not gracing out establishment again . I do not need business from jackasses ;-)

KK
Kristen K.
Ballston Lake, NY
Kia Soul
08/04/2014 Category: Service
Kristen said she was not satisfied with the service provided by the business because in 7 hours, they only did some work on her rear axle. She got her money back from the business and serviced her vehicle herself. She would not recommend this business for service because of the reasons already stated.
Trevor B. from Trev's Automotive responded on 08/10/2014

Kristin called at 8am broke down with her brakes locked up . We immediately towed her car in and diagnosed it without an appointment .Kristins parts for her front and rear brakes we not available locally . We ordered parts immediately after approval for a front and rear brake service . After waiting for parts most of the day , we were only able to get her rear bakes done by closing time . Sometimes immediate satisfaction is not always available in every aspect of our service . Though 2 out of three is not bad , we cannot make parts appear magically on the spot . Sorry Kristen , forgot my magic want that day :-)

Mark D.
New York
07/09/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Ann. She said it took five weeks for them to fix an axle. They kept giving her the runaround. She would not recommend them due to this experience.
Trevor B. from Trev's Automotive responded on 07/11/2014

Actuall took 4 hours to replace broken axle assy on trailer . Took 4 weeks for manufacturer of trailer to get us the part . Sorry about the "runaround" but your broken trailer manufacturer parts availability is not really our fault . Have a great day ,  Thanks for your business , Trev

JQ
JOHN Q.
Dodge Dakota
03/02/2021
Always Quality Work..
Trev and his guy's are always there when you need them, for a fast reliable repair or maintenance!

RICHARD R.
Albany, NY
Nissan Murano
02/27/2021
Great service at a fair price
Brought my vehicle in for its 70,000 mile service. Had extensive list of items, including oil/filter changes, tire rotation, brake work, and interval service checklist items. My vehicle was on the lift timely, as soon as I arrived, and Trace did a great job with all of the items, completing them ahead of the scheduled wit time, so I was able to get back on the road sooner. Price was very reasonable for such quality service. I shudder to think what the damage would have been had I taken my vehicle to the dealer for service. Trev's continues its time-honored practice of quality service at a reasonable price. Thank you, Trev!

RK
RICH K.
Saratoga Springs, NY
02/27/2021
Quick and reliable
I needed a battery on short notice, and Trev got me in right away. I've been taking my older vehicle to Trev's for a few years now, and have always been satisfied.

Cynthia S.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
02/22/2021 Category: Service
Cynthia said that they do an impeccable job every time she goes there. They're knowledgeable, fair and told her what to look for in the future for maintenance. They're excellent mechanics.

JQ
JOHN Q.
Hyundai Accent
02/18/2021
Quality Service as usual..
State Inspection and oil change performed.
My wife and I use no one else to service our vehicles.
Trev and his mechanics are the absolute best for everything your vehicle needs!

NF
NEIL F.
02/17/2021
Great job
Got me in and out same day! Great job