09/11/2019
Friendly crew
Excellent work on my brakes and tires. Highly recommend

LH
Lynn H.
Kia Sportage
12/02/2017
Exhaust leaking
We just had a catalytic converter installed on our vehicle and now the exhaust is leaking underneath vehicle up closer to the engine and making a horrible rattling noise. I'm concerned about carbon monoxide poisoning and of course it's Saturday and they are closed! Not very happy about this! Very concerned for my wife and grandson, and she has to have use of this car because of our busy lives and we don't have a backup vehicle!

LC
Larry C.
10/14/2016 Category: Service
Larry said this business took about 6 days to finish his vehicle because the first part they got did not work and they had to get a replacement part. He stated it took forever for them to get the part. He said he felt the cost of the repairs was too much.
Chris S. from Salems Wrenchworks responded on 10/20/2016

I'm not sure how to respond to this review. This customer came in with no appointment on Thursday afternoon for a master cylinder that another garage had diagnosed. I agreed that the master cylinder could be the problem. We replaced the master cylinder that day but it didn't solve the problem. Even though I didn't diagnose the master cylinder problem we took the part back off and returned it. On Friday we diagnosed a faulty ABS control valve assembly. We agreed to order a used part to repair the problem. Friday morning we ordered a used part and when it came in it was the wrong part. There were 6 options for this part so locating the right one could be difficult. That was explained to the customer. On Monday we got the correct part late in the day. Tues we installed the part and finished the job. This vehicle was in the shop about 3 business days not the 6 he stated. He was charged for a used ABS valve assembly and book labor time that amounted to about $350. We never charged for the original master cylinder labor or diagnosis of the ABS unit. I as the owner of the shop expected a 5 star review and praise for the price and service.

Christina B.
06/27/2016 Category: Service
Christina said the business explained everything to her but she was disappointed when they told her the transmission was going out. She went to get a second opinion and they told her it was the wheel bearing going out and not the transmission.

RT
Robert T.
Oldsmobile Alero
04/29/2016
Salems Wrenchworks does not accept responsibility for damage they caused.
You ruined our starter by spilling cleaner on it, then you charged us to replace it. That's not just bad service, it's bad business! Your overall rating is NO STARS OUT OF FIVE.
Chris S. from Salems Wrenchworks responded on 05/02/2016

I'm sorry that you aren't happy with Wrenchworks. The cleaner that we put in your engine wasn't spilled on your starter and is a slow working cleaner. There was only one pint installed with 5 quarts of motor oil. We repaired the oil leak as soon as it was spotted. Oil leaks on starters very frequently and doesn't cause starter failure. It may have been the cranks but doesn't start condition on the previous repair that caused the starter failure. As our reviews show we run an honest auto repair shop and take a lot of pride in doing so.

Sally C.
Ohio
Kia Optima
10/17/2014 Category: Service
Sally said they did a really good job on the oil change. She will not recommend them to others because they tried to sell her some tires.

Matt D.
New Franklin, OH
Hyundai Elantra GT
03/24/2020
Another oil change, with tires
I'm always happy with the maintenance I get done at Salem's, this time I also got four tires installed. Chris took the time to find the right tire to meet my needs and budget, and they're such an improvement! It's like driving a different car. And the quality of service couldn't be better, job was done ahead of schedule, and done right!

ME
Mark E.
Ford Transit Van
03/24/2020 Category: Service
Mark said that they did a good job on his vehicle.

Cindy C.
03/18/2020
Dependable, trustworthy.
I do always recommend Salem's wrenchworkz to my family and friends. What higher recommendation could there be?

KK
Keith K.
03/16/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Cheryl. She said they have never had any problems with this business. They have always done things for them and if something didn't work out, they would let them bring It back to try and fix it again with no additional charge.

KE
Kay E.
02/29/2020
Reliable

Randy M.
02/24/2020 Category: Service
Randy said he has always been very pleased with the good service for about 15 years or better, the staff member has loaned him a vehicle before, and he is a good man.

VH
Veronica H.
Lincoln MKZ
02/17/2020 Category: Service
Veronica said that they're very good people.

Tom B.
02/14/2020
Saved my car!!
Chris and crew did an excellent job, as they always do. Thought my 18-year-old car was a goner, but Chris saved her. Thanks, Chris!!!!

Dale R.
01/30/2020
Replaced HAVC door actuator very quickly